Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fox news cuts O'Reilly

Spaceman Spiff

He'll pop up on YouTube or a podcast.

We were talking about this at lunch today. It seems conservative personalities have the most baggage or fallout from things they've decried or are immoral. For example:

Rush with rehab and painkillers

Bill O'Reilly here

Ailes for obvious reasons

Nugent with underage girls in the past

James Baker

Brian Williams (he is a conservative correct? Could be wrong about this one)

Bill Cosby (once again, think he's a conservative)

Who else am I forgetting?

Libs have been fired for saying stupid things, as have conservatives. But I see words as separate from actions in most cases because pundits are filling air time and trying to get a reaction out of people. Who on the liberal side has been a blowhard and been busted for things they've decried about over the years?

Is Brian Williams a conservative? Never thought he was less than neutral.

What scandal was James Baker involved in?

What was the name of the congressman who got caught in the Minnesota airport restroom?

Rush Limbaugh, a thrice divorced community college dropout drug addict blasting liberals on family values, soft on crime, and the country's educational decline....

Money speaks. The sad thing about O'Reilly is he actually is one of the smart ones and some of his debates or points were interesting. Then, he'd go off the deep end and stay there for a long, long time, but if he wanted to (which he really didn't) he could have been an interesting, constructive voice in shaping a national debate.

He's a half step better than Rush, Beck, and several strides better than the likes of Hannity, Alex Jones, etc. Still, too often he was content to dwell in slime, lies, and BS.

I give Fox precisely zero credit here.  They paid out how many millions to how many women over how many years?  Eff them.  They knew exactly who he was, and what sort of hostile work environment he was creating, and tolerated it because he made them more money than he cost them. They only reacted when their hand was forced and that equation started to change.

Especially in this day and age, you have to treat executives and "talent" the same as everyone else when it comes to issues like this.  Anyone else would have been out on their ass years ago.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Aren't the Murdoch sons a little more on the moderate side of things?  We sure they'll just put another super hard-right character in that spot?

That's what I've heard. Especially true for, i think, the younger of the two. He's the one really pushing change. 

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/sources-fox-news-has-decided-bill-o’reilly-has-to-go/ar-BBA2NoR?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Too bad he wasn't cut for being an aggressive blowhard but we'll take what we can get.  One less zit on the landscape.

You still listening to Mark Levin? 

You probably don't even remember starting the thread I'm referring to God knows how many years ago. But I swear I'll never forgive you for making me aware of his presence on this planet (yes i will, it's not that serious). 

1 minute ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

You still listening to Mark Levin? 

You probably don't even remember starting the thread I'm referring to God knows how many years ago. But I swear I'll never forgive you for making me aware of his presence on this planet (yes i will, it's not that serious). 

Only time I listen to conservative radio is when I'm trapped in the car with my parents.  I think Levin brings up good points sometimes from what I've heard but it gets lost in all the yelling and screaming. 

The lack of intelligent discourse is sad, especially in the case of O'Reilly and a guy like Levin who just starts shouting at their guests/listeners and uses that to dominate the "conversation" instead of responding in a more appropriate, thoughtful fashion. 

A guy like Levin strictly exists to rile up his listeners.  No one with an opposing viewpoint is going to tune into that guy because a. he preaches the opposite of what they believe and b. he can't present his opinions in a persuasive way that'd allow anyone with an open mind to concede anything.  I don't think there's anyone out there that presents conservative viewpoints in such a matter that would try to change peoples minds through educating them.  On the flip side, I don't think many on the left would be remotely interested in having their views challenged, it's just easier to whine about how evil conservatives are at every given point without giving much thought. 

The more we have debates on here about guys like O'Reilly, the news, etc...I'm convinced that people are most interested in tuning into "I'm right .com" (as Bill Burr likes to put it) to reinforce what they think and feel better about their perspective on the world.  It's one of the things I admire about you, BASF, you've read a lot and done a lot of homework.  You know where you stand and it's because you've gone on a journey to get there.

FOX gets zero credit here, because the only reason they got rid of O'Reilly is because his show lost advertisers. Once again, this is only about money. 

And Bill Cosby is a conservative?? Funny how people don't want to claim him since his rape allegations. 

5 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

FOX gets zero credit here, because the only reason they got rid of O'Reilly is because his show lost advertisers. Once again, this is only about money. 

And Bill Cosby is a conservative?? Funny how people don't want to claim him since his rape allegations. 

It's always about the money. 

Archived