Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fox news cuts O'Reilly

Spaceman Spiff

On 4/19/2017 at 7:41 PM, No Excuses said:

O'Reilly is a douche but I'll save the happy dance for when Sean Hannity gets the boot. He is a horrible person and I hope his career ends in shame just like O'Reilly's.

Not a fan of Hannity (one of the major factors in Trumps win in the Primary)  but look at what you wrote - wouldn't wishing this kind of make you a horrible person too?

29 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Not a fan of Hannity (one of the major factors in Trumps win in the Primary)  but look at what you wrote - wouldn't wishing this kind of make you a horrible person too?

Translation:  Huge Hannity guy goes out of his way to disparage all those who oppose Hannity.  Also is completely disingenuous about his motivations because that's how Hannity would do it.

40 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Translation:  Huge Hannity guy goes out of his way to disparage all those who oppose Hannity.  Also is completely disingenuous about his motivations because that's how Hannity would do it.

You clearly haven't paid attention to my posts over the last year (Don't quite your day job to become a translator). Frankly what has been spewing from many posters on this board, including you, over the past few months has just been just down right rotten (Worthy of the tone for posts you'd find on Democratic Underground or Free Republic. -  heck the very next post of so wants to see Hannity executed???) and it would probably be good for those posters to be doing a little self reflection.  

12 minutes ago, nonniey said:

You clearly haven't paid attention to my posts over the last year (Don't quite your day job to become a translator). Frankly what has been spewing from many posters on this board, including you, over the past few months has just been just down right rotten (Worthy of the tone for posts you'd find on Democratic Underground or Free Republic. -  heck the very next post of so wants to see Hannity executed???) and it would probably be good for those posters to be doing a little self reflection.  

After a bit of self-reflection...

Hannity is an racist, Nazi, traitorous stooge.

You are but one of his many feckless idolaters.

To receive criticism from one such as you is roughly akin to the Devil himself paying me a visit to shame me for my piety.

Lemme know if you need a translation of that.

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

After a bit of self-reflection...

Hannity is an racist, Nazi, traitorous stooge.

You are but one of his many feckless idolaters.

To receive criticism from one such as you is roughly akin to the Devil himself paying me a visit to shame me for my piety.

Lemme know if you need a translation of that.

I rest my case.

Hannity is one of the more disgusting people in that sphere of news.  He is the semi-polite version of Alex Jones.  He has no problem actively catering to conspiracies and branding people on the other side however negatively he wishes.

I won't wish harm on him, but boy do I wish he was not on tv.

doesn't bother me to say so. Fired? too late, damage done.

Sean Hannity dead would be a good thing and his last breath will smell sweet when it rattles out of him. This entire country, and possibly the world, would be better off without him. Whatever that says about me, i don't care. ( i think it says i see him for what he is. Others are entitled to their opinions of that, given that this is the internet, wagging fingers and playing holier than thou is par for the course.)

He's an asshole who has subverted this country and has undermined practically every principal this nation supposedly espouses. He lies continuously and plays the lie backwards when it suits his propaganda. And the morons who lap at his foreskin are either too stupid to realize it, or DO realize it and think it's OK because it serves their team. I can't respect either one.

I think it's an even split, because frankly, no one with half a brain can listen to him for any significant period of time and not realize it.

**** him.

~Bang

2 hours ago, Bang said:

Sean Hannity dead would be a good thing and his last breath will smell sweet when it rattles out of him. This entire country, and possibly the world, would be better off without him. Whatever that says about me, i don't care. ( i think it says i see him for what he is. Others are entitled to their opinions of that, given that this is the internet, wagging fingers and playing holier than thou is par for the course.)

He's an asshole who has subverted this country and has undermined practically every principal this nation supposedly espouses. He lies continuously and plays the lie backwards when it suits his propaganda. And the morons who lap at his foreskin are either too stupid to realize it, or DO realize it and think it's OK because it serves their team. I can't respect either one.

I think it's an even split, because frankly, no one with half a brain can listen to him for any significant period of time and not realize it.

**** him.

~Bang

I have seriously toyed with the idea of starting a podcast that picks apart and debunks what Hannity says on his radio show.  I will sometimes listen to the first 15 minutes on my drive home (starts at 6 here in RVA) and that could fill up an entire podcast.  I just don't have the energy nor the time for research.

7 minutes ago, First Colony said:

I have seriously toyed with the idea of starting a podcast that picks apart and debunks what Hannity says on his radio show.  I will sometimes listen to the first 15 minutes on my drive home (starts at 6 here in RVA) and that could fill up an entire podcast.  I just don't have the energy nor the time for research.

There is a pretty big one called "the Daily Show."..   been doing it for years.

problem is that the ones who need to hear it don't listen. (Unless he tells them to.)

it may help as personal therapy, though. :D

~Bang

I don't know if Hannity is a traitor who is deserving of hanging, but he is a mercenary and a flamemonger who will say anything for attention and a buck. I don't think he cares about the damage he does as long as his side wins and the money keeps rolling in.

You can't debunk all of Hannidioty in a short time frame.  That's the point.  He throws so much out there so quickly you just can't respond efficiently, because the response to him, while it would totally debunk him, takes drastically longer than the time it takes him to make the allegations.

Climate change denial is a great example for how Hannity operates.  The denial propagandists have their formula: Climate Change is X (usually some variant of bogus) because Y (which is usually a bad statistic, bit of pseudoscience, or a real bit of science devoid of context and used totally incorrectly).  Sometimes they move to Z, which is bringing in an "expert" (spoiler alert, they are not actually an expert), or J, which is to make a zinger (like talk about change in terminology over the years from global warming to climate change).

Hannity's broadcast is generally a bunch of that.  It takes him 30 seconds to make an assertion.  A well prepared opposition would need several minutes to fully explain why he's wrong, and that's assuming they have all the sources there in front of them and they don't have to chase down scientific papers and the like.

I pretty much agree with everything said about Hannity so far in this thread. The guy is a scum bucket any way you slice it. He's a poison and a cancer. His followers have been infected by his charms and since they don't have the time/efforts/inclination or wherewithal to investigate Hannity's claims so they default to their trust in Fox News because they want to believe things they already believe. Most have probably never experienced a worldview shift to know how tenuous our take on reality actually is, as such they don't even question that they could be wrong. So when they watch Hannity et al on the network who tells them how smart they are and how right they are the endorphins start flowing. And then the trap has sprung.

Now add to that the propaganda factories who's job it is to intentionally misinform and there is a perfect storm to create what we see here. An entire population wholly convinced that everyone else is actively trying to destroy America and as a result trying to destroy them and their lives.

Hannity and O'Reilly have long been obvious vermin and our glorious prideful society makes innumerable creeps like these two powerful and wealthy and even adulated. And the more dysfunctional segments of the national tribe (right and left) have made one of the more absurd and pathetic ****-stains of a "man" ever proffered, the president. Good times. :ph34r:

Archived