Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fox news cuts O'Reilly

Spaceman Spiff

2 hours ago, bcl05 said:

I wonder if Trump wants to hire him to replace Spicer.   Gropers working together...

Now those would be some fun press conferences.  O'reilly getting the tables turned on him.  He would probably try to introduce props too.

Yep Tucker gets the spot, same schtick different prick. Present the story in the mist Rightwing slant possible then aggressively attack the guest and when they have the nerve to prove you wrong don't even blink, shrug it off like their words meant nothing. This has been Faux's MO for decades.

But hey Trump said O'Really was innocent so he must be!

Idiots all of them...and those mindless lemmings who listen to them...you deserve what you get.

Is there any proof ? Or simply payoffs ? 

But I won't miss that dude. He had so much potential and screwed it up like this allegedly ?  ehh...

He was an asshole, but he will find a place to do what he does. 

This is going to come off odd...Men need rights also. I believe it is probably two-fold. Women throwing themselves at him, and him potentially being chasing. 

I think it is ridiculous that men are assumed guilty. Women are typically given a slap on the wrist..or believed just for stating something. 

He was fired because his advertisers pulled their commercials, so loss of income for the channel.

It wasn't because the channel suddenly got concerned about his sexually harassing women, it's because of money, what it always comes down to.

Not concern for women. Bill's been doing this for years and Fox tolerated it. They could have cleaned house when they fired Ailes, but they didn't, because advertising dollars.

46 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

But I won't miss that dude. He had so much potential and screwed it up like this allegedly ?  ehh...

He was an asshole, but he will find a place to do what he does. 

This is going to come off odd...Men need rights also. I believe it is probably two-fold. Women throwing themselves at him, and him potentially being chasing. 

I think it is ridiculous that men are assumed guilty. Women are typically given a slap on the wrist..or believed just for stating something. 

Hear, hear.  And not odd.  

In this case I think he's guilty because I think 5+ women is a number too large to be ignored.  Much like Cosby's number is practically astronomical, where there's smoke there's fire.

I used to work with a guy in college who was falsely accused and saw him a few months later after everything had been straightened out.  Said it was the absolute scariest **** he could have ever imagined. 

4 hours ago, No Excuses said:

O'Reilly is a douche but I'll save the happy dance for when Sean Hannity gets the boot. He is a horrible person and I hope his career ends in shame just like O'Reilly's.

If his career ends at the end of a rope for treason, even better. Him and Alex Jones are the only two media figures I'd say that about. 

8 hours ago, No Excuses said:

O'Reilly is a douche but I'll save the happy dance for when Sean Hannity gets the boot. He is a horrible person and I hope his career ends in shame just like O'Reilly's.

I read in a story somewhere yesterday that, despite Hannity and Carlson's on-air schticks, they are both relatively well-liked on a personal level at Fox. Apparently O'Reilly was not liked........although I don't want to minimize the obvious financial reasons for Bill's ouster.

19 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

I read in a story somewhere yesterday that, despite Hannity and Carlson's on-air schticks, they are both relatively well-liked on a personal level at Fox. Apparently O'Reilly was not liked........although I don't want to minimize the obvious financial reasons for Bill's ouster.

Yeah, someone on Morning Joe said that a little while ago...that Bill was pretty much "hated over there".

12 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

There's likely a lot less in the public sphere than what Fox uncovered, and we'll never see the latter.

O'Reilly has been accused of sexual misconduct for years and years.  I remember about a decade ago when one accusation against him was in the news.  Fox has held onto him for a long time in the face of allegations of misconduct, and even with regards to the new stuff, they moved exceedingly slowly.  Something changed.  Whether we are ever privy to whatever changed their minds, I don't know, but something had to have changed.

16 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

The number of women who received these payoffs, and their value, certainly look bad for him.  Think about it this way:

Hannity was similarly situated.  Wealthy, powerful, famous, conservative host at Fox.  Surely he would have at least as many women throwing themselves at him, if not more.  How much in settlements have been paid out over such claims against Hannity?  By all appearances the number is $0.  And if there were some big payoffs, we probably would have heard about it in connection with this Bill story.

While I hear what you're saying generally about men being presumed guilty...it doesn't feel that unfair in this case.

2 minutes ago, Bliz said:

The number of women who received these payoffs, and their value, certainly look bad for him.  Think about it this way:

Hannity was similarly situated.  Wealthy, powerful, famous, conservative host at Fox.  Surely he would have at least as many women throwing themselves at him, if not more.  How much in settlements have been paid out over such claims against Hannity?  By all appearances the number is $0.  And if there were some big payoffs, we probably would have heard about it in connection with this Bill story.

While I hear what you're saying generally about men being presumed guilty...it doesn't feel that unfair in this case.

There's only one possible explanation.

Hannity is gay.

1 hour ago, Kosher Ham said:

Thing is, EVEN with the lost ads...his show ratings did not really slip. 

I think it was more than money at this point, I think they had enough and said bite the bullet. 

Sponsors return, ask Tiger or Kobe.  

Didn't Trump say he could shoot someone in the street and not lose votes? 

No surprise here, but it's the same people.

Got a marvelous little blast from the past for you guys. Just keep watching O'Reilly while Franken talks...

When I'm laid up in the hospital on life support waiting to peace out on the world, my family better make sure that's playing on a continuous loop in my room. Can't imagine a more satisfying, peaceful theme to go out on than Bill O'Reilly being made to look like an asshole. 

Archived