Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fox news cuts O'Reilly

Spaceman Spiff

On 4/28/2017 at 3:35 PM, TryTheBeal! said:

That dude is gonna do so much blow...

Meth is his drug of choice.

Lock. I'd be willing to put money on that. 

Leaving Fox has to be a massive loss of power for Hannity, right? I mean with his core audience (see old white people), what format/platform can Hannity go to  that reaches them? 

19 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

So what if Roger Ailes had a "No Mini-skirt" dress code? We had the same thing at my work.

The tweet said mini-skirt code; so I thought Ailes wanted women wearing mini-skirts only?

13 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

They can just start a new network with oreilly and hannity and they don't have to even pretend they are anything more than a crazy right wing mouthpiece of the republican propaganda machine. They at least try to say they're not at fox given its standing as one of the four major networks.

They can themselve the Trump network; which is what it would've been had Hillary won.

14 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

They can just start a new network with oreilly and hannity and they don't have to even pretend they are anything more than a crazy right wing mouthpiece of the republican propaganda machine. They at least try to say they're not at fox given its standing as one of the four major networks.

Well yeah they can and they will. But I think it sounds much easier than it actually is. I mean it's what Glenn Beck did. And while I think while most of us have heard of the Blaze at this point, who has actually seen it? The Blaze already let go a **** ton of talent (in an election year even business should be booming) and they have been on the point of collapse for months.

Without the backing of a major corporation like Fox and all its broadcast rights and distribution deals, how do they get to their core audience of retired 70 year old white women? That's gonna take years. Ailes and O'Reilly don't have years (Hannity will live forever unfortunately. The rituals to banish Satan's self-subsisting smegma cheese back from which he came were lost to history long ago.) 

Also iirc (and maybe @visionaryor someone else recalls this), before the election was even over (wanna say mid-Sept to mid-Oct) somebody close to Trump was shopping an early version of Trump Network, trying to get those distribution deals, and all the major players told them to kick rocks. Perhaps I'm misrembering the details but something like that was definitely reported. 

This what I was remembering

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/trump-tv-jared-kushner-liontree-advisors-1201890816/#respond

Talk of ‘Trump TV’ Gains Steam but Not With LionTree Firm

And another short article from then about why it would be so hard

http://fortune.com/2016/10/17/trump-tv-fail/

Here's Why a Trump TV Network Will Almost Certainly Fail

Archived