Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

FBI agents are human. They are allowed to have polical beliefs.

Calling Trump an idiot isn't a political belief. It's a fact. The man actually IS an idiot. All this tells me is that those agents aren't mouth breathing morons.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Predicto said:

He really wants to weaken the governments and media of the West so there will be no one left with the gravitas to criticize or rein in the dyfunctional and corrupt kleptocracy that he is running over there in Russia. 

He's an Imperialist who wants to restore Russia to it's Imperial size and prestige.  It's something that we don't really have here in American politics.  We've never had a zenith and nadir like Russia has.  We view progress as linear here too, like we're essentially developing and getting better every generation.  Russia has been dysfunctional for so long and disillusioned so many times.  They have these brief periods of prosperity/stability in their history that they are always longing to recreate.

Russians will support Putin until the end because he's a Peter/Catherine/Alexander II/Ivan the Terrible type of Czar.  Russians will suffer a ruthless tyrant if he's extremely assertive and pursues a vision/ambition for the nation.  The history of Russian government rubber bands between that kind of authoritarian leader and feeble-minded weaklings and Russians prefer the former.

10 hours ago, visionary said:

Supposedly Moore was in a Russian language club in school.  From what reporters who cover Russia have said he sounded pretty amateurish there in that clip.

I was never a good Russian speaker but I have a decent accent for an American and Moore's Alabama accent is thick and he just kind of barrels through the soft sounds in the phrase.  But it sounds pretty good for someone who supposedly hasn't studied Russian for what, 50 years?  It's only been ten years for me and I doubt I could think of anything to say in Russian on the spot like that.

Sounds like he also pronounced the word for today with a hard B sound.

so today should be a real firestorm with AG Andy being crucifed by gopers with all those texts--hundreds---lambasting trump/related---between storzk and his paramour during the election and after and their roles in the entire process---and the orr dude's role....this will also be the best to distract from the Disasta In Alabama.

I expect trump to work it to death obviously with massive help from fox et al..and allow that real news---as in real bad moves possibly having been made that do compromise the best level of integrity of the probe to some degree beyond "bad optics" (i seriously doubt it, but it could be so)

the large number and harshness of content of texts I've heard so far would be solid ammo for claiming serious bias in folks at a highly sensitive level of the investigation...and yes i know the counterpoints to make....my best call is Mueller is a very straight shooter and as solid as you can get it seems and i do trust the legitimacy of his investigation overall at this point...but it is going to be a very rocky road even if they get some solid incipience of actual collusion...now as to money laundering or other crimes, back during the campaign i said trump had that kind of action going on for a decade or more and might get popped for it

but yeah, the hearing today should be energetic and may spring a whole new bunch of trump-serving outlet-clogging news that quickly rivals or even overwhelms the moore story...or not lol

• Like 2

The funny thing is that when someone attacks you, you naturally dislike them back.

Trump consistently attacks the IC.  Naturally many of them didn't like him as a result.

Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if Trump did/was doing this on purpose.  You get tons of IC people hating you via your attacks on them, then turn around and attack the IC as biased, and use that alleged bias as a weapon to get probes of you stopped.

That seems a bit smart for Trump but who knows.

Seems like Rosenstein sees the writing on the wall that the GOP is quietly (well, not so quietly actually) building a case in their own minds to justify firing Mueller by any means necessary in order to derail the investigation, so he in return is his doing his best to get across the message that Mueller and his team have done nothing wrong in conducting the investigation in it's current fashion and any firing of Mueller or members of his team will be done against his wishes and by someone who is going over his authority to do it, in other words, Trump. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

FBI agents are human. They are allowed to have polical beliefs. I get the optics but this is meaningless unless you can show bias in the actual investigstion or a history of political bias  

For the Rightwingnuts the existence of an investigation is proof of bias.

THIS is what we’re up against.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

For the Rightwingnuts the existence of an investigation is proof of bias.

THIS is what we’re up against.

wait a minute.

A little over a year ago the existence of an investigation meant guilt.

I sure wish these pinheads would make up their tiny little minds.

~Bang

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, No Excuses said:

I mean the current FBI director has donated around $39,000 to Republicans. Does that mean he's partial to Republicans in his work?

This is a stupid sideshow. I assume it is intensifying because of Flynn flipping and Trump team panicking. 

Of course it’s a stupid sideshow, but then PT Barnum made a lot of money off idiots who get wrapped up by the Bearded Lady and the Reptile-man. Take disingenuous politicians who manipulate people based on their tribal alliances and we’ve got a great political system where truth doesn’t matter.

5 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Seems like Rosenstein sees the writing on the wall that the GOP is quietly (well, not so quietly actually) building a case in their own minds to justify firing Mueller by any means necessary in order to derail the investigation, so he in return is his doing his best to get across the message that Mueller and his team have done nothing wrong in conducting the investigation in it's current fashion and any firing of Mueller or members of his team will be done against his wishes and by someone who is going over his authority to do it, in other words, Trump. 

Agreed. These Congressional Republicans are basically laying the framework now for one of two things:

1) Excuses for why they won't take any action if/when Mueller brings the hammer down on Trump and impeachable offenses are brought to light when he wraps up his investigation. They'll refuse to impeach and will refuse to do anything and claim that the whole thing was biased so is invalid and point to all of this hot air they're blowing now.

2) Excuses for why they will support Trump and not take any action if/when Trump fires Mueller as he closes in.

They see the writing on the wall as well. They all know perfectly well that Flynn wouldn't have gotten that sweetheart deal unless he had some pretty damning info to give Mueller on someone higher up than himself. And the only people higher up than the National Security Advisor are the VP and the President. 

This huge WaPo report is so incredibly damning. Trump is a national security risk, plain and simple.

Doubting the intelligence, Trump pursues Putin and leaves a Russian threat unchecked

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2017/world/national-security/donald-trump-pursues-vladimir-putin-russian-election-hacking/?utm_term=.2ecc0b50abac

There are way too many insane/scary/idiotic parts in there to really be able to quote the most egregious ones. Just read the whole thing. Trump doesn't just refuse to admit the Russian interference because he knows it's true but doesn't want it to stay in the spotlight. The guy is so borderline psychotically emotionally fragile and insecure that he literally won't (or can't) even believe that the interference even happened. So because of that absolutely nothing is being done to try and prevent it again.

I truly believe the 25th amendment could be becoming more and more legitimate here. If POTUS is so emotionally invested in things that he refuses to even acknowledge facts or reality and refuses to face a clear threat to the United States from a foreign adversary who has already waged an unprecedented attack on our very democratic process and act on it then he clearly is incapable of carrying out his duties.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2