Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

1 hour ago, LD0506 said:

I think Jumbo would agree with this, the more stressed and cornered people are, ANY people in any circumstances, the louder and crazier they get. The particulars are not important, it is a hard-wired response to being caught with no escape. Your kids do it, your neighbors do it, your politicians do it. The rising level of insanity is a valid measure of just how much heat is building up under the trogs.

Let 'em burn

Why I'm on the down-low.  My husband believes he's on a watch-list.  Because I post here. And mostly because we're not https yet. 

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, Larry said:

I know.  (Which one pisses me off more.)  I expect politicians to be slimy.  I used to have a higher opinion of the American people.  

Although, other anger-worthy things that deserve to be on the ballot?  

3)  That we did this intentionally.  

4)  That I saw it, 30 years ago.   

I missed this, but I agree. That is what has me so disappointed. We did it to ourselves, and worse, people are STILL in the dark as to the who, what, where, etc, and others have no opinion whatsoever.

I remember a decade + old talk with my dad and uncle, about the "Dumbing down of America." A little over a decade later, and that decades long mission has been accomplished.

No one had to take anything away. They just counted on stupid, ignorant Americans giving them the green light.

It's why, no matter what happens (in a good scenario), we will forever be dragging that anchor of dumbass-ness in this country. They are forever lost

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

It's why, no matter what happens (in a good scenario), we will forever be dragging that anchor of dumbass-ness in this country. They are forever lost

Unless we go back to respecting the strongest survive part of evolution, instead of fighting it.

We've allowed being unhealthy, lazy, and stupid to be an acceptable method of survival and now they've taken over.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

People could boycott FOX (not FOXNews but regular FOX). Murdoch will change his tune if people quit watching Bob’s Burgers.

Of course, who knows what kind of unprincipled pricks will fill the void.

Well, his sports division pays how many billions for the NFL while his news division blasts those players and calls for boycotts of it. His ad revenue is still from the main network. Reverse mortgages and cash for gold aren't paying that much for ads. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I missed this, but I agree. That is what has me so disappointed. We did it to ourselves, and worse, people are STILL in the dark as to the who, what, where, etc, and others have no opinion whatsoever.

I remember a decade + old talk with my dad and uncle, about the "Dumbing down of America." A little over a decade later, and that decades long mission has been accomplished.

No one had to take anything away. They just counted on stupid, ignorant Americans giving them the green light.

This isn't a failure of intelligence on the part of the American voter.  It is a failure of morality.  The American voter has never really been educated.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, visionary said:

All of this stuff that Trump and his ilk have been pushing about the MSM, fake news, FBI/other agencies being corrupt, any expert opinion being dismissed as incorrect, etc could all be chapters in a book called "Authoritarianism and You: How to Become a Despot in 20 Easy Steps"

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, tshile said:

Unless we go back to respecting the strongest survive part of evolution, instead of fighting it.

We've allowed being unhealthy, lazy, and stupid to be an acceptable method of survival and now they've taken over.

A point I was trying to make in my "What to expect from our healthcare" thread..........gene pool needs some chlorine. 

• Like 2