Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins / Giants Prediction Thread: The 'F' Mara Special

skins island connection

Like the last giants game, this one is absolutely crucial... this is another season defining game, win and we are first in the division, lose and that was probably our last chance to control our own destiny... hopefully the team realizes this and plays accordingly....

I think we lose 34-28 or something like that... this is one game I'd love to be ****ing wrong about though

Tough game to pick. TD_w in another thread stated we are 3-12 against NYG since 2008, and recent years have featured some bizarre occurrences in these games. From the ending of the 2013 FedEx game where everyone was unclear on what down it was as the Skins were trying to drive, to the Kirk pick-a-thon in the TNF game last year, to two straight games at MetLife where a Redskin has lost the ball out of the end zone.  Factor in Eli's two shiny rings and I'll always be nervous playing these guys while he's under center.

But prior to the season I picked the Skins to split with the Giants, and I'm gonna stick with it. I also think the team winds up splitting these back-to-back home games. However, I see this one as the more crucial, not only for the immediate divisional implications (which could also vanish if we lose against Dallas and NYG beats NYJ the next week), but to see how the Redskins respond after another thrashing yesterday that has many questioning their resolve.

I don't think the team has fully turned the corner yet, but this game will be a nice step.

In a close one........Skins 28, Giants 24.

To me the biggest factor in the game is whether or not the team packs it in when the refs inevitably bend them over most likely early in the first considering that almost always happens in our Giants games, even at home.

I'm going with the Giants having momentum, 2weeks, Mara's Redskins voodoo doll, and they always get a few game changing calls from the refs while we get our calls after we are already down 3 scores.

Gnats 26 Redskins 20

This game is personal to me -- most of my in-laws are Giant fans including my wife and I am a bit burned out from them rubbing this rivalry in my face.

Thinking about all of those recent loses, hard for me to picture a win and the context to this game makes me feel even more pessimistic. The Giants tend to play well in division games when the stakes are high. They have our number and they seem to know it. The Redskins are coming off potentially a demoralizing loss and are about to face a team that they know has had their number. Arguably, Kirk Cousins' worse games of his career have been against the Giants. And heck the NFL gave the Giants 2 weeks to prepare (like Tampa and the Jets). The Redskins around midseason during the last 2 years - suffered a demoralizing loss which was then followed with a losing streak -- bottoming out. All of this to me adds to not just a Giants win but a Giants blow out.

But as I think about all of that, I hang on this. Every time this season when the team has been one game away from oblivion, they've won at home. When we've had that week of pessimism leading up to a critical home game -- doom and gloom -- it's led to a victory. Just on the law of averages alone, the Redskins are due, Kirk is due against the Giants. And they cannot afford to lose this game. So I'll go Redskins 28-Giants 27.

The Giants defense is very good defending the run but horrific stopping the pass. I'd unleash D. Jax -- use Thompson on screens -- open up the offense. Yes, its frustrating that they can't run the ball but the Giants defense plays into the strengths of the Redskins offense. I think its funny that some NFL talking heads talk about the Redskins running game as their niche hanging on to that thought I presume because it was the Redskins stated intent before the season. That's silly. The running game is mostly horrific. But I have faith in the passing game and I think they can burn the Giants secondary.

My gf is a Giants fan.

I can't take another season of getting swept

Unfortunately, I think it happens

Giants 34

Skins 20

It is a Redskins home game against the Giants. We are playing for first place in the division and I am going to the game. Considering all of these factors, I am confident that we will not only lose, but lose in a manner that has us all asking, "Where do we go from here?"

Kirk will throw multiple idiotic interceptions, Gruden will do something completely incompetent, McCloughan will be inebriated on the sideline, one of our young promising players (let's say Brandon Scherff) will tear multiple knee ligaments and never be the same. That type of game.

Have a good time at the game stacks lol

Giants 30

Redskins 17

We are loosing this game hands down.  Why?  how much you guys want to bet at least two critical calls will go against us, while we get held time after time without any calls.  I am getting so sick of this league and their new BS rules, they have taken away the joy of the game we all love.

Giants 34

Redskins 17

Nope, not doing it. I refuse to give up on this team......yet! As bad as last week was, it was against the best team in the NFC and had it not been for a couple bad calls and plays it could (still probably lose) have been different.

They are 4-1 at home and think they are going to come out swinging and end the game 5-1 at home, 5-6 overall and 1st in the division. KC will exorcise all his demons (against the Giants) and again will have everyone talking extension. Oh, DJax will have a career night, 200yds and 2 TDs:)

31-20 Redskins win

My gf is a Giants fan.

I can't take another season of getting swept

Unfortunately, I think it happens

Giants 34

Skins 20

My brain tells me this is likely a Giants win maybe even an easy Giants win but I can't stand predicting it will happen.  

The NY Daily News take on the Redskins

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/vacchiano-giants-competition-stretch-nfc-east-article-1.2444430

WASHINGTON (4-6): This team is likely the most dangerous threat to the Giants since it can take over first place on tie-breakers if it beats the Giants in Landover, Md., on Sunday. But the Giants had little trouble with Washington in the first meeting — a 32-14 victory that wasn’t all that close until Washington scored twice in the final 3:40 to give the Giants a bit of a fourth-quarter scare.

Washington is definitely capable of doing that again, especially at home, where it has won four straight (and is 4-1 overall). But the team’s defense — particularly against the run — has dropped way off since September. And while quarterback Kirk Cousins has thrown nine touchdown passes and only two interceptions in his last five games, he’s mostly been a one-man show. That rushing attack that was top-ranked when Washington last played the Giants? It’s totaled 395 yards in the last six games, and 209 of those came in one blowout victory over the Saints.

Washington’s best advantage is that it has four division games left to do some damage. But Washington plays three of its last four on the road, where it is 0-5.

Amukamara being healthy this week, Giants think is the be all and end all for their Defense http://nypost.com/2015/11/23/giants-last-puzzle-piece-will-reveal-defenses-true-identity/

Giants coming off a bye, not sure that really matters against the Skins.

I am only predicting a win because we're at home.  The Giants are stinking it up in the 4th quarter, but have pretty much been in every game.

They are the better team right now.

None the less.  Redskins:  26   Giants:  23

Just went through all the NY papers judging by their rhetoric -- Giants see this game as the be all and end all -- a win provides a 2 game swing -- they think they should be on all cylinders coming off of the bye and are healthier than ever -- seems to be a theme this year with the three teams that have gotten to enjoy a bye before playing the Redskins. 

It gives off a vibe that the Giants are coming in confident with a sense of urgency.  Hopefully, the Redskins can match that intensity. Again, i am a bit more sensitive on this rivalry than others for personal reasons so I am probably overestimating this but it seems like a lot of times when we play the Giants there is some context to it for the Giants where it has a high stakes feel to it for them as to the course of the season.  In contrary over the years, the Giants seem to often lose the non must win games or lose in an upset out of the blue after they get rolling -- but this context seems perfect for them to bring their A game.  Feels like deja vu on that count.

I really would like for us to win this game..I have a giants fan friend that's going to this game..he's abnoxious beyond anything I've ever seen..I can't even watch football w/this guy..that's how bad he is..I hope he doesn't get his ass beat in the stands ..he's really bad about running his mouth and he of course thinks the Giants are going to kill us and go to the Superbowl...But I really don't see us beating them..much to my shagrin. 

If we play mistake free we can keep it close..but I don't see us winning...

giants 30

Skins  24

I would like it to be

Skins 56

Giants 3...hahahahahaha...

I always find it funny when people talk about "Giants fan (or any other team) that are really assholes..." Then I wonder, why are they your friend? lol.

So, after a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad game, we're due for a good one. Well at least one where doesn't suck that much.

Still, it's the Giants, it's Mara, so I guess they're gonna cheat on us, and it will be a tough game.

So No way I'm going the Dan T way.

Good guys: 70

Bad Guys: 6

Massive game. The Giants are probably the most overrated team in the NFL. Theres no reason why we shouldn't win this, past success against them shouldn't mean anything really. 

Kirk to have another stormer at home and lead a drive late on ending in a Hopkins field goal.

27-24 Skins. 

Archived