Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins / Giants Prediction Thread: The 'F' Mara Special

skins island connection

Yeah it was a win and I am glad we be the vagiants. I know anything can happen and we are division leaders right now but I am sorry, I am still disappointed in this team. We should have killed them but no we let then stick around until the end.This team is still inconsistent, some what good offense in the first half, horrible offense in the second half. defense plays great for 3 quarters but relents in the 4th. Still no running game to thump chests about, 3rd conversation percentage just pathetic, terrible penalties, special teams still finds away to help other teams have a chance. I could go on but I know most of you will slam me but the truth is the truth.Ya'll all know I am right 

These things are never straightforward, are they? Huge difference in the way the d played today over the first meeting. Sure the o faltered, but they did enough. Was very surprised to see this game televised in the UK, was a lovely bonus to watch the whole game rather than updates from RedZone. Things are set up nicely to get back to .500, need to take advantage of Dallas when they're down. Can't slip up now.

Yeah it was a win and I am glad we be the vagiants. I know anything can happen and we are division leaders right now but I am sorry, I am still disappointed in this team. We should have killed them but no we let then stick around until the end.This team is still inconsistent, some what good offense in the first half, horrible offense in the second half. defense plays great for 3 quarters but relents in the 4th. Still no running game to thump chests about, 3rd conversation percentage just pathetic, terrible penalties, special teams still finds away to help other teams have a chance. I could go on but I know most of you will slam me but the truth is the truth.Ya'll all know I am right 

I wasn't happy with the 2nd half conservative play either.  But I am definitely not in the category of y'all know I am right that we should all be disappointed.   For me this is the most enjoyable win since 2012. 

Kirk out played Eli and we owned the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.   That's a 180 from recent games in this series. They were the under dog and beat a team that has owned them with just about zero NFL pundit-media types -- even the local guys covering the team picking them to win.  On a scale to 0-10.  I am at a 10.

I wasn't happy with the 2nd half conservative play either.  But I am definitely not in the category of y'all know I am right that we should all be disappointed.   For me this is the most enjoyable win since 2012. 

Kirk out played Eli and we owned the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.   That's a 180 from recent games in this series. They were the under dog and beat a team that has owned them with just about zero NFL pundit-media types -- even the local guys covering the team picking them to win.  On a scale to 0-10.  I am at a 10.

The "ya'll know I am right" was pertaining to all the things wrong with the Redskins, not, that any one "should" be disappointed. 

The "ya'll know I am right" was pertaining to all the things wrong with the Redskins, not, that any one "should" be disappointed. 

Ok, the way I took it is you flat out said you were disappointed in the team and got specific as to what you didn't like in today's game --so I went there.  But yeah ok if your point is you are "disappointed in this team" (your words) and you mean it more globally.  To each their own, in one sense I agree yeah there are units and aspects of this team that are disappointing -- on another thread I've been tough on the run defense, I don't think they should drop from 12th in the league to about 30th with basically the same players from one year to another.  I didn't love the conservative play calling in the 2nd half.   Yeah its not all sunshine and lollipops.  But I didn't expect it to be.  

This was a 4-12 team last year, 3-13 the year before that as we all know. Most of the NFL pundits predicted the Redskins would actually be the worst team in the NFL this season.   All the preseason drama made the team look even more like a soap opera than previous crazy years.  And to be 5-6 in first place -- not bad at all.   Disappointment is the farthest word that crosses my mind today.  Enjoying being relevant in December for a change.

Giants - 35

Redskins - 24

Once again the team finds itself in the same position as Week 3: a chance at 1st place in the NFC East against the Giants.  The only plus side I can give for this one is that at least it's not a prime time game or a national audience. Other than that, I see the same unfortunate results. Giants just seem like the best team in the division (although that's not saying much) and Eli has clearly played the best at QB out of all the teams and he seems to be almost unbeatable when he plays us. A win would be amazing for the team and the area, as there'd be meaningful football in December for the first time in 3 seasons. But just like Week 3, I think our guys disappoint and fall short. Prove me wrong. HTTR!

Wow!  They actually proved me wrong.  I'm surprised and couldn't be happier.  The defense clearly set the tone and won the game, as I felt the score could've been much worse if the offense got anything going in the 2nd half.  Nonetheless, here we are sitting at 1st place in the division at the end of November for the first time since God knows when and playing meaningful football in December. And even better, they control their own destiny.  Keep the wins coming! HTTR!

Archived