Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins / Giants Prediction Thread: The 'F' Mara Special

skins island connection

We've played better at home. I really don't look at this as s playoff game. Sure, technically we are still in it, but my expectation was 7 wins and to me this is just the 11th game. We win, great. We lose. I won't like it, but understand it.

Redskins 27

Maras 19

If we win this one, 7 wins might win the division for us.

This game is in Washington.  I am not going to predict the score but I expect it close.  One bounce either way will decide it.

It must feel good though being a Giants fan heading into this game -- observing some of the Giants fans around me when it comes to this rivalry.    

I heard the number today about the recent W-L record in this series -- forgot the exact number but it was something like 19 out of the last 25 going the Giants way.  I recall A. Rolle in 2011 (ironically the only year in recent memory the Redskins had success against the Giants) was so dismissive of the Redskins beating them and thought it was such a wild exception to the norm that he said that they'd beat the Redskins 99 times out of 100. 

Using a NY sports analogy -- it feels like when Pedro Martinez said that the Yankees are the Red Sox's Daddy.   Reading the clippings in the last couple of days just getting the vibe that the Giants feel confident. They know whenever they have to take care of business by beating the Redskins -- they do it, no sweat.  The hard games for them are Philly and Dallas.   As I said earlier on this thread, Arrington said that's how the Giants felt when he was there.

I know you've been super respectful over the years to us Redskins fans but if you are like most Giant fans I know -- it wouldn't surprise me that you are thinking -- yes, we are playing the Redskins and not Philly and Dallas in a big division game -- that usually ends well for us!   And I wouldn't blame you for thinking that way.  :)

Hopefully, this nightmare run against the Giants ends here but I don't have a good feeling about it.

It is a Redskins home game against the Giants. We are playing for first place in the division and I am going to the game. Considering all of these factors, I am confident that we will not only lose, but lose in a manner that has us all asking, "Where do we go from here?"

Kirk will throw multiple idiotic interceptions, Gruden will do something completely incompetent, McCloughan will be inebriated on the sideline, one of our young promising players (let's say Brandon Scherff) will tear multiple knee ligaments and never be the same. That type of game.

YEAH , GO SKINS!!!!!!  thats the spirit!! sorry , replied to wrong post.  nevermind.

This game is in Washington.  I am not going to predict the score but I expect it close.  One bounce either way will decide it.

Yeah , we might play just good enough to lose this one.

Massive game. The Giants are probably the most overrated team in the NFL. Theres no reason why we shouldn't win this, past success against them shouldn't mean anything really. 

Kirk to have another stormer at home and lead a drive late on ending in a Hopkins field goal.

27-24 Skins. 

If they at least show some fight I will be satisfied.

From top to bottom they are better than we are. That's why they own us. We just don't have enough players right now to beat them.

Giants 31

Skins 21

So the Saints offense technically should of shredded us right?  You just never know. If the refs leave us the hell alone maybe theres a shot.

I bet by the end of the week every NY beat writer will be predicting a Giants win.  I really doubt the Giants-NY writers take the Redskins seriously.

at Redskins: The Giants have beaten the 4-6 Redskins, who were brutalized by Cam Newton, five straight times, including last season’s 45-14 romp at FedEx Field when TE Larry Donnell caught three TD passes. Prince Amukamara, who intercepted Cousins in Week 3, returns just in time for DeSean Jackson.

Prediction: Win

This team has clearly proven themselves NOT to be prime time players.  Yet.   If they can beat NY, they have only proven that they can have a decent game once in a while. There is NO consistency at all. Hopefully it will come. So my expectations are realistic. If they have any crazy , delusional ideas about making playoffs, ( PLAYOFFS? Did someone say PLAYOFFS!?)   IT STARTS WITH THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!

Former DC Ryan for Saints said this was the most physical O line they faced all season!!  WTF? Use that as motivation!!   Lets go!! Lets over achieve and surprise some people!!

GO SKINS!!!!!

This team has clearly proven themselves NOT to be prime time players.  Yet.   If they can beat NY, they have only proven that they can have a decent game once in a while. There is NO consistency at all. Hopefully it will come. So my expectations are realistic. If they have any crazy , delusional ideas about making playoffs, ( PLAYOFFS? Did someone say PLAYOFFS!?)   IT STARTS WITH THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!

Former DC Ryan for Saints said this was the most physical O line they faced all season!!  WTF? Use that as motivation!!   Lets go!! Lets over achieve and surprise some people!!

GO SKINS!!!!!

I am hoping the team is aware and angry about the dominance of the Giants in this series.  Really every other series in the NFC East has been competitive more or less for awhile, some years more so than others -- but this series has sadly been comically lopsided -- hope they are fed up!   :)   But yeah I don't buy the Giants and most of their fans look at this game anything less than an expected win -- only issue is will it be a rout or do the Redskins make it competitive for some of the game.

And this is coming from someone who is relatively optimistic about the team and the season but yeah the next two games really test what's we've seen go wrong here for years now:  high stakes game against the Giants (usually adds to a slam dunk loss -- often a rout) followed by a prime time game with stakes at home.   

I am not a Jay guy but if they win the next two -- it would be so shocking to me and gratifying too -- that will go along way to turning me in his favor  :)   Winning these 2 games coming up -- that's real culture change.  Because same old same old would be losses considering the backdrop-context.

Who are the refs?

I'm only half joking.

Redskins can win this one, but we could easily lose it badly.

We're 4-1 at home this year, Cousins is slowly getting more and more confident, especially at home.  He made some mistakes last week but they could have easily compounded to total implosion, but thankfully didn't.  He's growing.

I'll say 27-24 Redskins.  I'll be optimistic because the alternative is depressing.

We can't run the ball or stop the run and while I think that Cousins is getting there, he can't carry this team every week.

Even if we somehow slow their ground game, OBJ can rip us apart. He'll probably end up with something like 10 catches for 150 yards and 3 TDs,

We could win this game, but it's a long shot.

Skins - 17

giants - 31

The "**** mara" stuff can never be overdone, so **** mara.

We're 4-1 at home this year, Cousins is slowly getting more and more confident, especially at home.  He made some mistakes last week but they could have easily compounded to total implosion, but thankfully didn't.  He's growing.

I'll say 27-24 Redskins.  I'll be optimistic because the alternative is depressing.

I think the Redskins can win, too.  What worries me is for whatever reason the Giants seem to play the Redskins with a higher level of intensity.  There always seems to be an angle that gives them some sort of motivational edge -- which is crazy considering how lopsided this rivalry has been.  You'd figure the Redskins would hit the enough is enough button.  But, instead its been driven by the Giants narrative where this is the X factor game that could do this or that, etc. 

And I see the makings of the Giants intensity-edge in the players-Coughlin comments already.  They see this as potentially the game to help them pull away from the division -- 2 game swing with the Redskins -- this is the year they can finally get back to the playoffs and it starts this Sunday.  All stuff I've read in different places from the NY papers.

If the Giants play with a noticeable higher level of intensity and the Redskins get their doors blown out -- just like in game 1 this year -- it would be disappointing.  Hopefully, this time their intensity matches the Giants -- they come in with the edge they had when they beat the Cowboys on the road the Eagles at home last year.   Please have that burning "want" against the Giants for a change.

And none of this has anything to do with my feelings about this team.  It's purely about this rivalry and I think I've finally snapped about it, just angry the more I stew about it.   :angry:   

The season is definitely on the line, cant get swept by the G men and go under 500 in the division so this is a true must win game if we have any hopes of winning the east.

With that said I cant see us pulling it off.

Giants - 38

Skins - 17

If for some reason we get steam rolled at home by the Giants then I will lose all respect for everyone on this team including the coaches and the front office.  Its gut check time for everyone.

I said it a couple weeks ago: we will have a hard time winning anything until the running game catastrophe is solved. The saints game did not fix it. I have a bad feeling this problem is not solved until the off season.

Good news is that kirk can continue to develop despite the running woes. Just not in the form of wins.

The home/away disparity is also a problem, but the last 2 road games were against freaking undefeated teams, so perhaps that's not as bad as we think.

We have a chance at this game for sure, but this running thing man. Getting literally almost zero rushing yards on multiple occasions ought to get your team kicked out of the league. It's absurd. Question is - do we derail cousins steady development in the passing schemes and force the run, or do we let it rip with cousins for the rest of the season. I don't think we're in a position to do both.

We've played exceptionally well at home this year, so I think we can do it.  This is a very winnable game.

Skins - 24

Giants - 23

But if we lose in similar fashion to the Carolina game (completely lopsided blowout), the wheels are going to come completely off.......the discussion will likely heat up about Gruden being on the hot seat, and the Skins going back into the cellar of one of the weakest divisions in football.

From top to bottom they are better than we are. That's why they own us. We just don't have enough players right now to beat them.

Giants 31

Skins 21

I don't think they are or have been that much top to bottom better over the years, better yes but not overwhelmingly that fits what's gone down in such a lopsided fashion.  We seem to steal a game from the Eagles or Cowboys but can't seem to do it against the Giants.  Their O line is mediocre. Their pass defense is horrendous.  Their running game is so so.   And, we are at home.  This is a winnable game.  But, I fear the Giants play us again with more intensity-edge and the confidence of knowing they own the Redskins.

Maybe all the anointment going on for the Giants winning this division might get them going?

The Giants Are Going To Win The Wild NFC East

I see us pulling the upset for no other reason than to keep the division wide open.  NFL needs for Dallas to stay relevant in the news.  Several questionable calls actually goes our way in order to make this happen, and all the talking heads uses it as irrefutable evidence to show that the refs are completely non-biased.  

Giants 17

Redskins 24

Why am I not surprised the Giants are coming off a bye?

This is the 1st of many oddities that all go in favor of the NYG this week. I'm thinking many questionable calls, "ruling on the field stands" for each Gruden challenge, "ruling has been overturned" for each Coughlin challenge, Gruden out of challenges on an obvious ref screw-up in favor of NYG.

There will be 1 play where everybody at FedEx, watching on TV, & announcing the game will say "that's a horrible call" and it will favor NYG. 

With Peyton on his last leg, I'm thinking Goodell wants a Peyton vs. Eli Super Bowl. Watch closely as the season & playoffs start to mysteriously align for both teams with calls favoring them thru the playoffs. 

It is a Redskins home game against the Giants. We are playing for first place in the division and I am going to the game. Considering all of these factors, I am confident that we will not only lose, but lose in a manner that has us all asking, "Where do we go from here?"

Kirk will throw multiple idiotic interceptions, Gruden will do something completely incompetent, McCloughan will be inebriated on the sideline, one of our young promising players (let's say Brandon Scherff) will tear multiple knee ligaments and never be the same. That type of game.

Step back from the cliff man!  Haha!  I did a few weeks ago, and it's liberating!  :D

Us  24

Lord Vaders Stormtroopers  38

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000587270/article/new-york-giants-mindset-were-right-where-we-need-to-be?campaign=Twitter_atn

But Nicks gave a telling answer when asked what he can give these Giants.

"Confidence level," he said. "It's a new season, we got a six-game schedule. I've seen this before, and we're right where we need to be in this division."

Right where they need to be. It's all there for the Giants. Talk about being thankful.

just posted this on the twitter thread:

Giants player saying this could be a trap game -- disrespectful?

http://nypost.com/2015/11/24/who-the-nfc-east-leading-giants-really-should-be-thanking/

Linebacker Mark Herzlich was on a JetBlue flight home after a stay at Marco Island and was able to watch all the football he wanted. “It was not bad,’’ he said of what he saw. He certainly paid extra attention to the Redskins — up next for the Giants Sunday at FedEx Field — and took notice of how the Panthers harassed Kirk Cousins in a 44-16 beatdown.

“I think the final score was surprising,’’ Herzlich said. “In the Redskins game you saw what the defensive pressure was doing to the quarterback. You’re also seeing a really young quarterback come into his own in Tampa Bay. You’re like ‘OK, this guy is pretty good.’ ’’

If the Giants win the division, they should give Jameis Winston a playoff share. He has beaten the Cowboys and Eagles and the Giants beat him in Tampa.

As he was seeing the Redskins get dominated, Herzlich fast-forwarded to this weekend.

“It becomes a trap game,’’ he said. 

Interesting on that link below there is Coughlin's press conference.  They asked him about their dominance over the Redskins and he agreed to a question there might be something schematic that gives them an edge over Wash. 

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2015/11/giants_guard_justin_pugh_facing_time_crunch_with_c.html#incart_river_index

Archived