Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins / Giants Prediction Thread: The 'F' Mara Special

skins island connection

I think these teams are pretty evenly matched ecspecially since DJax is back. ( our Beckham). And when playing inspired football, we may even be slightly better than them ( see Saints game ). It just seems that something always turns these big games into stinkers for us. Whether it be penalties, (legit or not ), fumbles, blown coverages, etc.  And once this team is down by 14 or more points, these things start happening more frequently thus rendering us with our familiar outcome. ( OK , Tampa game excluded).

If we keep it close and the stripes allow us to play football,  we win this one. But as always , I'll be waiting for the above mentioned circumstances to occur.

Heres to hoping we have a pleasant surprise this sunday !

Us      31

them. 24

Thanks to the power of light driven technology in his awesome new Eco Watch by Citizen, Eli Manning knows exactly what time each of his four interceptions occur.

Redskins called for taunting 3 times after asking for a "high five" from 3 fingered Jason Pierre Paul.

Tom Coughlin expresses anger in postgame press conference over Redskins failure to provide contractually obligated absorbent underpants in visiting coach's locker.

Redskins win easy 28-10

~Bang

If we don't come out pissed off and aggressive and ready to fight the ENTIRE game then changes are in order. Coach, players, whatever. This is a monumental deal and I would post every word the NY media ****tards have been writing.  Hell, I'm pissed off and not even playing.  "The Idle Giants have all but won the NFC East"?  If any players ever come here...DID YOU READ THAT ****????  I absolutely despise the Vagiants and their propaganda machine. I want us to win this game in an indescribable way. 31-23, Redskins.  

If we don't come out pissed off and aggressive and ready to fight the ENTIRE game then changes are in order. Coach, players, whatever. This is a monumental deal and I would post every word the NY media ****tards have been writing.  Hell, I'm pissed off and not even playing.  "The Idle Giants have all but won the NFC East"?  If any players ever come here...DID YOU READ THAT ****????  I absolutely despise the Vagiants and their propaganda machine. I want us to win this game in an indescribable way. 31-23, Redskins.  

I feel that same way.  I am usually not this fired up but I've posted everything I've found about this game from the perspective of the Giants -- hopefully the team has noticed the arrogance coming out of NY --to me still the kicker is a Giants player calling it a trap game.  I know games are won and lost via talent-scheme, etc.  But I do buy in that some teams come in with an extra kick-intensity for certain games and it would be sad if the Giants as Jay has said out physical the Redskins again.

I want to see Gruden coach this game aggressively. Assume your defense is going to get shredded. Plan to take shots down the field a lot. If Kirk thrown an INT, I want it 35-40 yards down field.

The Giants defense is awful.

35 point minimum. Win or lose, dunno.

But if we come out and score 17 points I'm gonna be pissed.

I feel that same way.  I am usually not this fired up but I've posted everything I've found about this game from the perspective of the Giants -- hopefully the team has noticed the arrogance coming out of NY --to me still the kicker is a Giants player calling it a trap game.  I know games are won and lost via talent-scheme, etc.  But I do buy in that some teams come in with an extra kick-intensity for certain games and it would be sad if the Giants as Jay has said out physical the Redskins again.

I've loved your posts.  A "trap" game?  "The NFC East belongs to the Giants if they want it"?  I would, as a player, (and absolutely as a fan) be beyond livid. It seems, to their media, the NFC East was decided yesterday. **** you Giants.  They are my, right now at least, :), my most hated team. I cannot believe their media response.  I'm right there with you, 1000%,.cubed.  Hail!

I want to see Gruden coach this game aggressively. Assume your defense is going to get shredded. Plan to take shots down the field a lot. If Kirk thrown an INT, I want it 35-40 yards down field.

The Giants defense is awful.

35 point minimum. Win or lose, dunno.

But if we come out and score 17 points I'm gonna be pissed.

Yes.

Jackson should and likely must play a very large role.  He's been heavily involved in only 1 game so far.  Would be very happy with him getting something like 6 catches, 160 yards and 2 TDs.  Very possible too.

No excuse not to hang 30 on them.

Yes.

Jackson should and likely must play a very large role. He's been heavily involved in only 1 game so far. Would be very happy with him getting something like 6 catches, 160 yards and 2 TDs. Very possible too.

No excuse not to hang 30 on them.

And don't be scared to let Kirk fling it. If he's throwing 5 yard hitches all game, the Giants win by 30.

I know they've been his kryptonite. But you can't be scared and be conservative. Gotta go deep early and often, or the Giants will stack the line, play press, and completely shut down the short passing game and run game.

And don't be scared to let Kirk fling it. If he's throwing 5 yard hitches all game, the Giants win by 30.

I know they've been his kryptonite. But you can't be scared and be conservative. Gotta go deep early and often, or the Giants will stack the line, play press, and completely shut down the short passing game and run game.

This is on point.  Sunday we have to let 'em hang.  Can I start the insomniac thread now?  Ha...ha...ha....I'm kinda stoked for this game.  IT is our season, in reality.  httr

This is on point. Sunday we have to let 'em hang. Can I start the insomniac thread now? Ha...ha...ha....I'm kinda stoked for this game. IT is our season, in reality. httr

Honestly, I don't care if Kirk throws 1 or 2 INTs in this game IF they are challenging down the field. Go for it. Be aggressive. If the other guy makes a play, fine. Make him do it again.

What I don't want to seems silly, short pass INTs.

I'd literally (ok, maybe not) kiss Gruden if he pulled out the old "Sprint-Bomb" from 1991.

Gibbs REALLY wanted to be conservative against the defending SB Giants, who had won like 4-6 games in a row against the Skins.

The game changed when they called Sprint-bomb. Rolled Ryp out to his left, snuck Sanders down the right side running a post, and then Ryp pulled up and hit him deep.

All of a sudden, everything opened up. Gibbs got more aggressive, the Gianrs has to respect the whole field, and the rest is history. (Bill Parcels and Bill Belichick I believe were on the sidelines).

Do it Jay. Don't be conservative. Go out there and take it to those cheating midgets.

I've loved your posts.  A "trap" game?  "The NFC East belongs to the Giants if they want it"?  I would, as a player, (and absolutely as a fan) be beyond livid. It seems, to their media, the NFC East was decided yesterday. **** you Giants.  They are my, right now at least, :), my most hated team. I cannot believe their media response.  I'm right there with you, 1000%,.cubed.  Hail!

Thanks, great passion on your end for this one, too.  Here is some more.  With everything said media wise and players wise. There is enough material for 10 bulletin boards for this game:

http://nypost.com/2015/11/26/mediocrity-to-greatness-eli-manning-knows-a-thing-about-that/

It’s the Giants who still have the capacity to make that a non-issue. There remain enough winnable games — the Redskins this week, the Jets next week, the Dolphins after that and the Eagles to close things out — to at least scratch out nine wins. It seems unlikely any other team in the division can do that. And while 9-7 might not be the kind of record that gets a team compared to the ’72 Dolphins, it is precisely the record the 2011 Giants compiled on the way to the Super Bowl.

Sunday will provide a chance to make a resounding statement. Of course the Giants should beat the Redskins, who on any given week look like a team that was introduced to each other five minutes before kickoff. That’s certainly how they looked last week in getting picked apart by Carolina, sort of how they looked Sept. 24 when the Giants beat them on a Thursday night to scratch the win column for the first time this year.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/11/27/giants-redskins-preview-paul-dottino/

CBS NY

PREDICTION: Giants 31, Redskins 20

Is it an important game? Very much so and coach Tom Coughlin has made sure to remind his players of how fragile their hold on first place is at 5-5 and how they don’t want to find themselves scoreboard watching in December.

The anticipated return of cornerback Prince Amukamara and outside linebacker J.T. Thomas to the starting lineup and the continued improvement of defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul ought to strengthen the defense, while Hakeem Nicks’ return adds another reliable receiving threat.

Congrats, New York Giants. I think you just won the NFC East and a playoff berth.

I don't know how they can do it, but I want to hang 45 points on these dudes. Tired of seeing them trot up and down our field, closing down our offense, losing by double digits, making Eli look like Peyton (the Colts version :o ) and seeing multiple close-ups of their players with Kool-Aid smiles.

45-10... Skins please make this happen!

Cooley, Craig Hoffman and Czaben all just picked the Giants to win. I know Keim picked the Giants. Every media personality in NY that I've picked up on so far are all picking the Giants -- can't remember all this media doom and gloom before a game this season since perhaps before playing the Patriots.

The Giants are the safe pick.

A skins win would be an upset.

I'm surprised a little by Cooley.

The Giants are the safe pick.

A skins win would be an upset.

I'm surprised a little by Cooley.

I agree they are the safe pick but they are 2.5 points favorites not 2 touchdown favorites like the Patriots were -- but the pessimism seems to be almost on that same level.  Cooley if I recall picked them to win a couple of upsets -- if I recall Atlanta and someone else maybe it was the Jets.  

Seems like the pessimism is fueled by the combination of:  Last weeks performance against Carolina. the Giants dominance of this series, and the lack of faith that the Redskins will rise to the occasion in a high stakes game.

I agree they are the safe pick but they are 2.5 points favorites not 2 touchdown favorites like the Patriots were -- but the pessimism seems to be almost on that same level. Cooley if I recall picked them to win a couple of upsets -- if I recall Atlanta and someone else maybe it was the Jets.

Seems like the pessimism is fueled by the combination of: Last weeks performance against Carolina. the Giants dominance of this series, and the lack of faith that the Redskins will rise to the occasion in a high stakes game.

Which are alll kindof fair points.

Until the Skjns actually do it, they've got about 25 years of history saying they can't do it.

Shrug. The solution is "easy." Go beat the stuffing out of the Giants and Cowboys the next two weeks.

I understand the ESPN guys picking the Giants in a close one, but the arrogance from the NY papers is striking. When did the Giants become God's gift to football? Acknowledge the 2 recent SB rings and Eli's skills but the team has finished below 500 the past two seasons. Too many folks still look at the Skins as a doormat who will never improve with Snyder. Time to start proving them wrong.

Which are alll kindof fair points.

Until the Skjns actually do it, they've got about 25 years of history saying they can't do it.

Shrug. The solution is "easy." Go beat the stuffing out of the Giants and Cowboys the next two weeks.

Sure, I get that too. My posts on this thread are full of angst about this series, its been a pathetic run recently against the Giants. Having said that if they show up to play, IMO they have a better than puncher's chance to win this one.  What really gets me is the Giants have played the Redskins with more intensity and "want" or so it looks at least from my couch or Fed Ex.  Jay described it as the Giants have played with more physicality.  First and foremost, I'd like to see them play with some drive and intensity for a change in this series.

I agree with the article below.  Reading the NY papers-watching Tom's press conference and an interview -- he is being so repetitive about the attitude and stakes the Giants need to play this game with its almost nauseating.   Jay on the other hand hasn't really been on this the same way rhetoric wise publicly outside of the Giants played them more physical during his tenure and its a one game season  Hopefully, more than that is going on behind closed doors.   I do think motivation has had something to do with he Giants playing more physical and can be an X factor everything being equal.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/can-jay-gruden-coach-redskins-fans-are-about-to-find-out/2015/11/27/80199f6a-9503-11e5-a2d6-f57908580b1f_story.html

For the first time as an NFL coach, Gruden must face just a little bit of expectation — and all the dangers that accompany the heightened pressure of hope.

Let’s be blunt: Gruden can’t be expected to win the division. This team is still 11-31 since 2012 and lost, 44-16, at Carolina last week. On the road (0-5 record, outscored 152-86), it rolls over and puts all four paws in the air.

But other questions will be answered, at least in part. Can Gruden motivate in a way that lasts for 60 minutes? Last weekend, TV announcers focused on a Washington bench that looked disengaged even though the team was only down by two touchdowns in midgame. At every level of football, coaches are accountable for effort and execution, regardless of talent. You demand it and get it, or soon you’re gone.

Can he instill mental toughness in a team that still has lethal brain cramps at crucial times and looks for excuses, like this week’s inanity about refs being biased against the team because of its nickname?

[Column: Are the Redskins persecuted or paranoid?]

Can he game-plan successfully against a two-time Super Bowl-winning coach like Tom Coughlin? This may be even harder than it seems. The Giants have owned Washington since 2002 — 20-7 with five wins in a row. Do the Giants consistently mount a max-out effort when they face a doormat like Washington? Doubtful. Yet they dominate the series anyway. What happens when they pay full attention?

At least the Giants’ defense, which allows 406 yards a game and allowed 52 points to the Saints, is so porous that Gruden should have chances to attack the whole field, especially with healthy deep threat DeSean Jackson back at wide receiver.

Will Gruden’s team be resilient when it loses some of its last six games — as it will? In particular, will it bounce back if the nemesis Giants win again Sunday? Will 4-7 unhinge Washington like so many FedEx teams in the last decade that packed up the season when things got tough after Turkey Day?

Can Gruden coach in all the necessary directions — toward his players, his assistants, his bosses, the refs and the coaches on the other sideline as well as the media and fans?

Archived