Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins / Giants Prediction Thread: The 'F' Mara Special

skins island connection

I keep hearing the Giants being focused on this game and its importance.  I'm not hearing much, if anything from us. They appear focused and on point. Is that a good thing?  Behind closed doors perhaps? I will be supremely pissed off if we come out flat and uninspired.  That is a huge understatement. There better damn well be fire this Sunday, and no quit. Four quarters. Hail  

Made a thousand posts after a decade.  At this rate I should get to 10,000 posts in 90 years or so.  I'm on fire...en fuego... :P

I keep hearing the Giants being focused on this game and its importance.  I'm not hearing much, if anything from us. They appear focused and on point. Is that a good thing?  Behind closed doors perhaps? I will be supremely pissed off if we come out flat and uninspired.  That is a huge understatement. There better damn well be fire this Sunday, and no quit. Four quarters. Hail

Skins need to come in to this game like it's Week 17 of the 2012 and not Week 3 of this season.  Whatever happened a week ago is gone.  They need to and BETTER come out focused otherwise it's going to be just another story of the same ol' Redskins again.  

Today my breakfast bill was 21.00. Then, our order number was 21. Then my gas pumped to the 21.21 mark. Made me think of Sean and made me believe this is an omen. F Mara, we gonna get this one! HTTR!!!

I like that.

Not sure what to make of Jay saying they might have been going through the motions in practice on Thursday.  Isn't Thursday usually the key practice day where they are implementing the game plan in a heavy way.

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/redskinsblog/big-game-looming-gruden-maintains-consistent-approach

"It just depends on the day,” he said. “You know, sometimes . . . they need to be revved up a little more. If I feel like practice is just going through the motions, so to speak, that might've been the case yesterday [Thursday], I don't know.”

Under Gruden the Redskins have been capable of putting on a good performance on occasion but getting done week after week has been a problem. Gruden is well aware of that and is trying to be steady and get the same effort every time they suit up.

“You try to have a consistent approach really as a coach,” he said. “You don't want them to be all tight one game because of an important game. All the games are important and I try to have a consistent approach every week. But obviously we know this is a big game with a lot at stake. The guys will be ready."

Made a thousand posts after a decade.  At this rate I should get to 10,000 posts in 90 years or so.  I'm on fire...en fuego... :P

i agree 100%. They need to come out aggressive and stay that way for 60 minutes. Kerrigan, Hatcher, Paea & Baker are getting paid very well to put pressure on the QB and I hope they do it this game. Last week's game was the first time I ever turned the game off in the third quarter. The Panthers are a better team than the Redskins but it looked like the players and coaches just layed down and gave up last week. This is such an important game and I hope the players realize it and it shows throughout the game.   

Giants - 35

Redskins - 24

Once again the team finds itself in the same position as Week 3: a chance at 1st place in the NFC East against the Giants.  The only plus side I can give for this one is that at least it's not a prime time game or a national audience. Other than that, I see the same unfortunate results. Giants just seem like the best team in the division (although that's not saying much) and Eli has clearly played the best at QB out of all the teams and he seems to be almost unbeatable when he plays us. A win would be amazing for the team and the area, as there'd be meaningful football in December for the first time in 3 seasons. But just like Week 3, I think our guys disappoint and fall short. Prove me wrong. HTTR!

i agree 100%. They need to come out aggressive and stay that way for 60 minutes. Kerrigan, Hatcher, Paea & Baker are getting paid very well to put pressure on the QB and I hope they do it this game. Last week's game was the first time I ever turned the game off in the third quarter. The Panthers are a better team than the Redskins but it looked like the players and coaches just layed down and gave up last week. This is such an important game and I hope the players realize it and it shows throughout the game.   

The D line is playing against a patchwork Giants offensive line with 3 back ups starting.  If the self declared "Capital Punishment" crew on the D line gets blown off the ball against like in game 1 -- that would be pathetic and a sign of more want from the Giants.  Hopefully, these guys can really punish a soft offensive line for a change. 

If there is a game go to Haz style with blitzes up the middle, etc, this might be the one. 

Hopefully the Redskins are feeling the same way:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/vacchiano-playoff-push-giants-confidence-boost-article-1.2449139

And now that they’re re-energized by the first meaningful, late-season NFL games that some of them have ever experienced, they believe this could be the boost they’ve been waiting for. They look around their division and their conference and they’re not scared of anyone. They know all it takes is a well-timed hot streak. And they certainly feel like something special is starting right now.

“You can definitely feel it in the atmosphere,” Odell Beckham said. “It’s just buzzing around us. We all have a good feel about it and we’re all going to work for it. We know what we have at hand and we know we control our own destiny.”

http://nypost.com/2015/11/28/redskins-will-decide-if-giants-are-playoff-bound-or-sweating/

The Redskins have a pair of veteran receivers, Pierre Garcon and DeSean Jackson, and the Giants match up fine with them — as long as Amukamara and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie are on the field. Jackson missed six consecutive games with assorted injuries but has started the last three and flashed some of his game-breaking form with a 42-yard reception against the Saints and last week’s 56-yard touchdown in a loss in Carolina.

“He’s freakishly fast,’’ Amukamara said. “I’ve been watching the Redskins the last two weeks and he’s been flying past a lot of people, but I’ve played against him my five years here so I know what to expect.’’

Paul’s pick

As long as the reworked offensive line holds up, Eli Manning should be able to throw it effectively against an injury-depleted Washington secondary, and the Giants might actually be able to run it a bit vs. a suspect run defense. Kirk Cousins has been lights-out at home, but the Giants always seem to bring out the worst in him.

Giants 27, Redskins 16

The only thing the Skins have proven is that they cannot beat the Giants.   Eli picks apart our secondary. I heard they can't stop the run but guess what? They will run well against us today.  Bank on it.  

The Giants ARE our problem in the division. No one else.  When is the last time we won a meaningful game against them?  2012 I think we split with them.  We usually split with the other two but rarely the Giants.  Until we demonstrate some semblance of respectability against them and that means WINNING a game against them we will never win the division any year.

Eli has beaten us 5 times in a row guys.  FIVE time in a row!!!!!

I  dislike the Giants more then any other team we play in the division.  Hate the cowboys but who is kicking our ass every single year? 

Eli and company once again coming into our house, probably filled with Giant fans,  beating us down.  That makes it worse.  So when I read the posts in this thread and this being another tough division game with parity I laugh out loud.  It is a runaway for them with us.

I am going into this one expecting nothing from the Redskins except the same old stuff with the same crap exposed - poor fundamentals in tackling, in coverage, and those horribly undisciplined needless penalties we have all come to despise.  I am revising my prediction 31 - 17 Giants. 

The Giants are missing their center and left guard and top tight end and have played all year long with a rookie who has been up and down at LT -- they've not run the ball well.   They have basically all the same conditions that the Redskins have had on the O line which had grounded the run game to a halt.

My point is if the Giants still run against this D and the Redskins can't get pressure on Eli -- that would be depressing.   As Adam Schefter said if they can't get pressure today on the Giants, they aren't doing it the rest of the season either.

Listening to a NY reporter on 106.7 just now.  Quote "I feel bad for the Redskins secondary, Eli is going to slice them like a Turkey."  The Giants O line will be more than fine today.   He doesn't think their running game is good but he doesn't think the Giants will need the running game to beat the Redskins today so no biggie.

You know, this is a helluva board. We have great Mods, great members, and keep it tight. It's a great group of people. Sometimes, happiness is derived from the things you least expect. I love you guys & gals. Sorry for the deviation. Carry on. Hail

Solidarity, my good man. HTTR

Listening to a NY reporter on 106.7 just now.  Quote "I feel bad for the Redskins secondary, Eli is going to slice them like a Turkey."  The Giants O line will be more than fine today.   He doesn't think their running game is good but he doesn't think the Giants will need the running game to beat the Redskins today so no biggie.

More often than not I'm wrong, but special teams could be a big deciding factor in this game.  We will see...tick, tick, tick...Hail

Archived