Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jeff Bostic and Monte Coleman to enter Ring of Fame per Redskins.com

RFKFedEx

They deserve it, but I feel like we're reaching the floor.

Considering that we haven't exactly churned out superstars over the past two decades, who is left?

Samuels obviously

Portis and Moss, I suppose.

Not Champ Bailey, right?

Not Cooley, I would have to think.

Jansen maybe?

After Samuels, if none of that list went up, I could live with it. When I think of the people up at their position, they seem a notch below.

I hear you, and if you're a pseudo middle-aged person you have great memories of the Gibbs years......but at the same time its really sad when you go to games and 95 percent of the Skins history highlights shown is from the 1980s.

That's sort of the problem with the Skins and focusing on its history. The franchise has been around 80 years and was good in the newsreel days, for a blip in the 70s, and for ten years under Gibbs.

Any real focus on history is going to be on the Gibbs years, because that's really all there is.

It's not as bad as the Bears who have pretty much stunk for 50 years....except for one season. But I don't know if you want to make your stadium a shrine to one decade.

Back when our personnel department could do no wrong: finding Monte Coleman in the 11th round, and Jeff Bostic as a UFA.

Both these guys were key contributors to the best Redskins teams that ever took the field, and they both deserve this honor.

Congratulations!

Considering that we haven't exactly churned out superstars over the past two decades, who is left?

Samuels obviously

Not Champ Bailey, right?

Jansen maybe?

Wilbur Marshall maybe?

Im assuming the Redskins have qualifications for the Ring of Fame, does anyone know how they decide who to vote on and then who gets chosen?  By that I mean, the HOF will only allow so many people per year, and they have to have been out of football for X amount of years.  Do the Redskins have something similar?

Samuels obviously

Not Champ Bailey, right?

Jansen maybe?

Um, how about my cousin Clint Didier?

The quiet one.

Archived