Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The DC Sports Curse Thread.

HailGalvatron

3 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

I prefer a Curse.

Same - at least you could put the blame on something outside of your control.

Really hope the Nats are taking notice of tbe Caps, though. I know they were beaten by superior teams in the NLDS but when its game 5 and they're down to their last out, you have got to put your foot down on their throat and finish the job. 

There should be at least two NLCS appearances under their belt right now and maybe a pennant. 

On 5/24/2018 at 6:13 PM, ixcuincle said:

tired of hearing people whine about the curse or how these playoff teams are so bad and ruin people's lives

Get over yourselves people it's just a game

The team fought hard and lost and here you are whining about how your life is ruined. Smdh 

If the Caps win I'm proud and if the Caps lose I'm still proud. No curse. 

the sooner a team wins the sooner we can stop hearing about this sad excuse of a curse from "bitter DC Sports fans" 

I’m willing to bet that not everyone actually truly believes that curses are real. But it’s what makes sports talk interesting, people trying to come up with reasons for why their teams lose games. It gives people something to talk about, or to think about, even if it’s not in the least bit possible :) 

At the end of the day I think most people probably know it’s just a game. 

I don't believe in anything mystical or mythical for that matter. God, Bigfoot, ghosts, none of that. But I believe in The Curse. Why? Because I have seen so much misery with my sports teams that I have come to believe that nothing in my life will ever be good (this extends beyond sports as well). Ever since I was a child it has been horrible. Something is going on in this city and I am convinced their is a veil of supernatural evil that shrouds it. I do have hope that it will end eventually (see the sig), hopefully it comes two years early!

The Curse is a mentality, which applies to the players on the teams.

11 hours ago, c slag said:

Yep 1990 -1998-2018 third time is the charm, Let's Go Caps!

1990 - make the ECF for first time ever, get swept by Boston

1998 - make ECF and win; make SCF for first time ever, get swept by Detroit

2018 - make the ECF and win; make SCF and...

I’m just saying there’s a pattern...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived