Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The DC Sports Curse Thread.

HailGalvatron

DC Sports Curse was always bull****. 

Good to see people finally realize that. It was ALWAYS going to happen. You get to the 2nd round enough eventually you get lucky. So many teams have done this that it has nothing to do with "curses" or "magic" or "The Curse of Dan SNyder." 

Did you know the Nashville Predators made it past the 2nd round for the first time in like 20 years last season? Was that a curse too? 

Good luck trying to get that cup there because Nashville, Winnipeg, Vegas, and Tampa are pretty ****ing good. Just getting to the 3rd round finally is an accomplishment. Be happy about that. 

The DC Sports curse is just an excuse by bitter sports fans to mope and express their negativity. Oh we haven't won anything since 1991 HOW EGREGIOUS!!!!! News flash, Cleveland went ****ing 40+ years without a title, and Buffalo has yet to win one. Toronto hasn't won one since 1992 either. But we DC fans are so "woe is me" mentality, other sports towns exist with worse fortunes. There's no curse. Sports is funny. **** like this happens. It's not a curse, it's just how things go. 

27 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

DC Sports Curse was always bull****. 

Good to see people finally realize that. It was ALWAYS going to happen. You get to the 2nd round enough eventually you get lucky. So many teams have done this that it has nothing to do with "curses" or "magic" or "The Curse of Dan SNyder." 

Did you know the Nashville Predators made it past the 2nd round for the first time in like 20 years last season? Was that a curse too? 

Do you know how much longer the Caps have been in existence than the ridiculous Nashville Predators? The Caps have fielded some mighty teams in their 44 year existence (most painfully, last year), and have never come close to getting a Cup. Meanwhile, expansion teams Tampa, Carolina and Anaheim, all of whom have been around for less than 50% of the Caps existence, all have Stanley Cups. 

If they aren't cursed, the Caps are close to it... 

As one of the most pessimistic Caps fans there is, We’re winning the Cup. This is our 04  Redsox-Yankees moment. 

6 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Good luck trying to get that cup there because Nashville, Winnipeg, Vegas, and Tampa are pretty ****ing good. Just getting to the 3rd round finally is an accomplishment. Be happy about that. 

The DC Sports curse is just an excuse by bitter sports fans to mope and express their negativity. Oh we haven't won anything since 1991 HOW EGREGIOUS!!!!! News flash, Cleveland went ****ing 40+ years without a title, and Buffalo has yet to win one. Toronto hasn't won one since 1992 either. But we DC fans are so "woe is me" mentality, other sports towns exist with worse fortunes. There's no curse. Sports is funny. **** like this happens. It's not a curse, it's just how things go. 

GTFO with this. 

2 minutes ago, Mournblade said:

Do you know how much longer the Caps have been in existence than the ridiculous Nashville Predators? The Caps have fielded some mighty teams in their 44 year existence (most painfully, last year), and have never come close to getting a Cup. Meanwhile, expansion teams Tampa, Carolina and Anaheim, all of whom have been around for less than 50% of the Caps existence, all have Stanley Cups. 

If they aren't cursed, the Caps are close to it... 

Do you have any scientific evidence that there is some mystical force causing the Caps or "DC Sports" to lose? If there's a mystical curse why didn't the Caps lose today? 

Do you see how silly the concept of a curse is? This is not Harry Potter, you can't just throw a curse on a team like Snape lol. This is reality. **** like this happens in sports. 

Just now, Warhead36 said:

ix doesn't actually watch sports

What

Just now, Sticksboi05 said:

All due respect ixc but please go away.

I'm not going away. I'm staying up all night. I'm hyped. 

All the complaints about a "DC Sports curse" and if there was why didn't they lose today? There's no such thing as curses. Sorry to break the news to you. 

3 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Do you have any scientific evidence that there is some mystical force causing the Caps or "DC Sports" to lose? If there's a mystical curse why didn't the Caps lose today? 

Do you see how silly the concept of a curse is? This is not Harry Potter, you can't just throw a curse on a team like Snape lol. This is reality. **** like this happens in sports. 

Just dont bring in the freakin' Nashville Predators into ANY hockey argument. They have as much hockey tradition in Nashville as they do in Honolulu Hawaii. I mean seriously, you can bring up the Sabres, the Blues, the Canucks, the Leafs all of whom have been around for a long time and have been as equally unlucky as the Caps. Just not the goddamn Predators, please. 

5 minutes ago, BayouBrave86 said:

As one of the most pessimistic Caps fans there is, We’re winning the Cup. This is our 04  Redsox-Yankees moment. 

GTFO with this. 

I'm not going to get the **** out with this. I'm a big fan of all DC sports teams here. I never brought into the concept of a curse. When I started posting on other places and saw what other teams had been going through, I opened my eyes and realized there's no such thing as a ****ing sports curse. The Eagles were "cursed". They got lucky. They won a title. Props to them. The Cubs, Red Sox etc were also cursed and won games. Eventually all these "curses" end, if they ever existed. 

This isn't any type of negative post. In fact, it's positive. Because when everyone was in despair and saying IT'S THE SAME OLD TEAM THEY'LL NEVER DO ANYTHING I've always, always believed in a blank slate and previous teams having nothing to do with current teams. And if you pay attention to what these "curse breakers" say they always say that "None of that prior history matters, it's all a different team now." Joe Maddon said something similar. This is a different team, this isn't one that collapsed in the past. 

The sooner we can dispel this notion that all DC sports inevitably end in failure and support our teams through thick and thin, thoughout adversity, the better city we'll be. We have too many negative fans here. The talk radio is negative, the DC fans are negative...be positive! Always believe! That's the lesson to take away from today. 

To hell with that! Picking at old scabs is one of the things I like about being a sports fan. Why would I wanna be around a bunch of happy-go-lucky "aw, shucks, we'll get 'em next time, fellas!" sycophants? If I wanted that, I'd listen to sports talk radio and I hate sports talk radio. It's why I'll take a Drew Magary or a Matt Ufford over any homer telling me to have a "more positive attitude" any day of the week.

Besides, I'm 27-years-old. Last time this city had a champion, I couldn't talk yet and my favorite hobbies included chewing on plastic keys and ****ting myself. I'll put as much irony in my fandom as I'd like, thank you very much.

3 minutes ago, SkinsHokieFan said:

Done

Goodness this really was the dumbest curse/streak in north american sports. An entire city and 70 straight seasons played without a conference final appearance.

Might as well win the whole damn thing now 

I mean, since we're in the neighborhood, right? Four for the show, four for the dough (they give prize money out to the Stanley Cup Champions like the Super Bowl champions, right?)

17 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Lets get two parades within six months. Caps and Nats. Maybe the Redskins can go on a miracle Super Bowl run too....okay now I'm pushing it.

As big as a playoff nemesis the Penguins were to the Capitals 

On a smaller scale is the Seahawks to the Redskins 

Archived