Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What happened to that ES poster?

TheGreatBuzz

Perhaps, but I think he could also be described as "terminally online". For every message on Facebook and Twitter, he had an equal and opposite reaction on ES. Then iirc he got a vacation on ES and he had an unequal and more extremely opposite reaction on Facebook.

His vacation has turned into swimming with the fishes.

• Thumb up 1

On 1/6/2024 at 7:01 PM, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

@AsburySkinsFan

Is another one. And what happened to @volsmet

I am friends with ASF on Facebook.  He became upset with church leadership.  Left the church and he is now a real estate agent with a successful business.  He started a bourbon podcast and is now a part time tour guide at Buffalo Trace. His kids are in college and doing great. Just really living his best Asbury life.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 9

13 hours ago, HOF44 said:

I am friends with ASF on Facebook.  He became upset with church leadership.  Left the church and he is now a real estate agent with a successful business.  He started a bourbon podcast and is now a part time tour guide at Buffalo Trace. His kids are in college and doing great. Just really living his best Asbury life.  

Wow, good for him.

• Thumb up 1

On 1/9/2024 at 5:19 AM, HOF44 said:

Tell him we say hi.🙂

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

Just now, Jumbo said:

Tell him we say hi.🙂

He was so much fun here in the Tailgate.  I'm the daughter of a Methodist minister, so I knew by his postings that his heart & head were conflicted. 

I'm so so so glad he's doing well. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

He was so much fun here in the Tailgate.  I'm the daughter of a Methodist minister, so I knew by his postings that his heart & head were conflicted. 

I'm so so so glad he's doing well. 

Yeah, he made it clear he wasn't happy with the direction much of American Christianity was going even before the last eight years.

Just now, Jumbo said:

Yeah, he made it clear he wasn't happy with the direction much of American Christianity was going even before the last eight years.

That's why we got to be friends, neither of us were in a good place there...I really loved him, he literally made me spit coffee somewhere on the daily. 

• Like 2

Springfieldskins is another one. think he left to handle having a family. 

On 1/8/2024 at 9:02 AM, skinsmarydu said:

And Matt Fancy? 

reddit 

nvm I think I'm thinking of someone else. 

Edited by ixcuincle

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2024 at 8:21 PM, Jumbo said:

Our last foray into the membership for mid help some years ago netted Martin C., tso, and Destino. All very awesome posters, great people, and great to have on the mod staff... (we miss you @TSO)...

I’m still here my good friends, Snyder just really took a lot out of me and once Ron was hired and then given total control over player personnel (something he’s never done), coupled with he and Dan blatantly lying during the introductory presser by calling it Coach-centric (a term other teams popularized that more often than not DID NOT mean the HC  has final say over the 90; just that they were hired either before or coinciding with the GM who DOES have final say and got to play a significant role in choosing said GM)… I just knew it was fruitless to even sink a minute of giving a damn into the whole thing. Dan once again proved he did not value organizational structure nor understood basic principles in setting his hires up for success. Why root for Ron and company when I knew he’d just become another target and fall guy for Dan’s idiocy, but even more interestingly, this time it was easier for me to let go because Ron along with Wright represented Dan’s last attempt of justifying his ownership in a way that was unlike previous attempts. 

So, yeah, I didn’t want to stay here being all negative about it and ruining anyone’s desire to hold on to hope, as foolish as I thought that was. 

On top of all that, Dan changed the name and rebranded to something so stupid it actually made me care about something I never even cared about before, lol. Like, I really thought I didn’t care much about the name and that my loyalty was regarding the team’s history, players, locale, etc… far more than anything else, but man, he actually managed to make me feel something about the name from how stupid it was. 😂 Just the way the entire rebrand was handled so cheaply and amateurish, it was a fitting tribute to the damage he wrought over his entire tenure. A nice little cherry on the top. 

So all that just lead to a severe case of apathy on my end. I never stopped caring about ES and many of the posters here who I’ve come to really appreciate and enjoy… but Dan managed to create enough apathy in me it even overcame those feelings, even to my own surprise. 

I really am extremely pleased with the hiring of Peters and the way the entire hiring process has gone thus far. This is the first time since Dan bought the team where we’re getting an organizational structure that sets the franchise up for success. It doesn’t mean it’ll work, but we have a chance now. And, if it doesn’t, you try again and that’s ok. But now we can have hope that’s actually grounded in reality and not absurd probabilities. 

I’m still not 100% back to caring like I used to… it’s been years of this severe apathy and, again, I’m even surprised by it because I thought that all it would take was Dan selling for me to get back into the groove of just being an excited fan again. But, geez, the turn off that occurred definitely wasn’t an easily accessible switch I could turn back on. It was more like an entire power grid getting burnt to the ground. I think I’m getting there, and I’m happy to see some of you even mentioned me here, so that helps, lol. 

Long ass post, too, so there, I’m kinda back! 😂

• Like 11
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

I think @TSOsummed up how I feel about things, too.  I thought getting Snyder gone would re-ignite my passion.  This year, I watched maybe half the games after discovering there are other things to do on Sunday afternoons.  The re-brand really did kind of kill some passion for me.  Mind you, I wasn't a staunch "keep the name" kind of guy, I thought a re-brand could be a positive.  But it was done so half-assed...I should have seen that coming.  This board (and really, The Tailgate) has done a lot with keeping me in the loop and making me feel a sense of community.  My friends don't really care about the Commies anymore.

Anyway, where the **** is @tshile

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Dan T. said:

Is JMS still around? He used to plagiarize Wikipedia in his arguments.  You could tell because he would cut and paste and not bother to take out the superscript numbers of the footnotes.

He wasn't banned the best I remember. He was an eccentric oddball but we try to keep those around for variety😁.

Most of the well known peeps who are gone just got so disgruntled over various things here, or other posters,  they just left, or just made a change of where or how they spend that time.

I know Snyder, the perpetual losing, the trash level  of various staff and players year after year, the name change, all likely drove more than a few away.

Per the people I ban, they really just tend to be third who troll too much or act like assholes or just noisy idiots, but all have to make serious enough rule violations to give me the required (as far as both I and TK look at banning) legitimacy to apply a permanent ban.

They also seem to be the type that ****es about the cosmic injustice of a message board moderator ban even years later on other sites. 🤡

Now, for the important part:  @TSO

Great to see you my friend. Love to have you back to whatever degree you can manage it.

Here's to better days for all we fans. :cheers:

• Thumb up 1

12 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Anyway, where the **** is @tshile

9 hours ago, China said:

I've been wondering that myself.

Super busy. I love my job and it’s an incredible job but my god do I have a lot going on right now. 

I keep swinging by to check out stadium stuff. Super pumped about the team and what it’s doing. It’s nice to at least appear to be a credible organization again. 

Super tired of the politics. Tired of the same arguments and criticisms from the same people. Tired of being ridiculed for things I don’t think or say, by people that know better. 

so kinda not around much at the moment. Surprised anyone noticed honestly. Idk when I’ll be back. Probably when work dies down or the reorg for the team gets further along. 

but :cheers: , I do miss some of you. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

On 1/7/2024 at 9:19 AM, dfitzo53 said:

I know techboy's real name so I searched for him a while back, and sadly it turns out he passed away unexpectedly.

He was a great source of wisdom here on ES, a generous friend, a bold world traveler, and a caring husband.  He will be sorely missed.

Ugh, this is a gut punch. Techboy was my tailgate buddy for a few years.  After I gave up my season tickets, he'd give me one of his in exchange for driving him to the Stadium and ES tailgate.  His only rule was that I had to remain sober enough to be good conversation during the game, which I managed all but one time.  His wife did our family photos when the kids were young.  I didn't realize he hadn't posted in over a year.

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

On 1/15/2024 at 8:09 PM, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Without scrolling back, I’m guessing the comments about one of the former posters being on the spectrum were about Cooleyfan. I always suspected Asperger‘s.

edit: yup

Without naming them, isn't he the son of a former high ranking team official, or was that just B.S.?

51 minutes ago, Forehead said:

Without naming them, isn't he the son of a former high ranking team official, or was that just B.S.?

That was true. I don’t know if he would be considered a team official (He worked in legal) but he was an important person in the organization.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff

I never disappeared from the board altogether but I all but disappeared from The Stadium for a few years. Like many, I was resigned to permanent suckage and lost interest. It wasn’t until the stuff with Snyder selling started to have legs that I began posting about football again.

Side note: When the site was down for a little bit there was a thread on Reddit and some banned posters were on there talking about how much smaller the community had become, and blaming the mods. The actual reason the community has shrunk some is because people stopped caring about the team. Hopefully it will start growing again now.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

On 1/7/2024 at 10:20 PM, PeterMP said:

First, I'll fess up to having sent it Jumbo.  Wasn't sure if it should be posted here, but since he posted it I guess it is ok.

The thing that strikes me about it is how much they talk about civility and respect but don't have any issue with people running down Jumbo and this place in general.  I guess those things are only important if you're poster there.

I decided to scroll back through the thread now that I’m back at my hotel room, before I go to sleep and wake up to crush another day of setting up a brand new office. I’m getting too old for this ****. 

the BGO/ES thing is frustrating to me because I’m one of the few/only who spent a significant time on ES, left to go spend significant time on BGO, and came back to ES. I went to BGO because the mods here pissed me off, and I came back because I was banned from BGO (I’m not gonna say I didn’t deserve it but I’m still a bit bitter how that all went down, but no reason to air that here.)

The two communities are extreme opposites in their makeup. BGO was a small, tight nit community and when I was there ES was in it’s later years of being a crazy place full of tons of active posters. I recall enjoying BGO immediately because you could follow topics and build relationships because it was a small community. At that time you could post on a thread in the stadium here early morning at work, come back to check on things after lunch and there’s 50+ posts and it was hard to keep up and care. When I wound up back here the community quickly shrank. On that note with new ownership and potentially a new direction away from perpetual suck and mismanagement, this place may blow up again and (for someone like me) become hard to enjoy again. We’ll see - that would be good for the team. 

but back to your post. BGO was made up of people who were looking for a place different than ES. I’d confidently bet that 99.9% of posters there, came from ES. So I think it’s fair to say that by being there (and to be fair, any of the other Redskins’s boards over the years that tried to be different than here) you had a problem with here. So the idea they would be critical of the board or the mods seems pretty obvious and expected. I read through the linked thread - not sure I see anything uncivil there, seems like an exaggeration…

but there’s absolutely good people there. People that are fun to talk to, smart people that bring something to the table every time you engage with them. I can’t speak for the stadium anymore but if you took the core tailgate posters we interact with, made a community with them and stripped out the drive by posters, you’d have BGO…

even though I think both communities have different goals, by virtue of being team forums they will be competitive with each other; by extension, being different means each side will not like what the other side is offering as they like what their side offers. 

as far as people criticizing jumbo - he signed up for that, and he is/was one of the more active mods. And I think he can handle it. You cannot be a mod of this community, invite political discussions, and not wind up with some people having negative opinions on how you run things.

for me. Politics is so depressing anymore I can’t do it. I haven’t paid attention to the news since well before Christmas. And by extension I can’t bring myself to discuss it here anymore. It’s to the point where I can predict exactly which posters will say exactly what at any given time. And for whatever reason I’ve decided I can’t handle how depressing it is anymore. I’ve reach a state with politics like I did with the team that caused me to abandon the stadium years ago. So while I’ve been coming here to see what’s going on - I don’t spend much time cause it’s the same and I don’t have anything to say because it’s the same. I am trying in the stadium but there’s just a ton of inane arguing about things that I’m not sure matter, by people I’m not sure have any real insight and appear to just have time to waste. 

anyways. I spent significant time at BGO. I was banned from there. I disagree with how that played out. Yet I’m still here to tell you they’re good people and it’s a good community. Whatever that’s worth. 

and now I’ve done that thing where I write way more than anyone wants to read. Sorry. 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 1