Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Dolphins are Mammals

KDawg

1 hour ago, redskinss said:

It's sad and unfortunate but other teams don't spend the week watching film preparing for us, they don't spend the week practicing diligently.

We're the team that the opposition spends the week planning kettle bell turkey dinner and roller coaster celebrations for.

I suspect you’re joking but the exact opposite is true. These actual good teams are well-coached and track and attack tendencies savagely. It’s not just a talent gap, these teams are taking us more serious than we deserve and putting in the work to embarrass us. Huge difference in how the franchises are coached right now. 

• Like 6

Just now, Conn said:

I suspect you’re joking but the exact opposite is true. These actual good teams are well-coached and track and attack tendencies savagely. It’s not just a talent gap, these teams are taking us more serious than we deserve and putting in the work to embarrass us. Huge difference in how the franchises are coached right now. 

Though in fairness , the offensive quality control coach’s ex-girlfriend can figure out our defensive schemes in 20 minutes. So it’s not exactly taxing for the actual coaches.    

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Conn said:

You’ll start seeing guys have nagging injuries keep them out this last month of the season. They’re done with risking their future for Rivera, if they can avoid it.

BRob started it today. Hammy and back are the easiest injuries to hide. No one can say you are lying about either one of them. 

We're allowing 30.4 points per game, which is about the 12th worst in NFL history.  Excitingly, we have a chance to set the record for most points allowed in a season.  Most of those teams played only 16 games or fewer, but a record is a record.

We just need to give up 139 points through the last four games.  I think Ron can do it.  Who's with me?

image.png.5c77ef275b3636353670c6d567b0a2ad.png

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Perhaps the most depressing part about all of this is a couple seasons ago when the defense was actually looking decent, we looked at a few teams around the league like the Eagles & 49ers and felt we were being built with the same blueprint, but in reality our front office & coaches were not of the caliber to actually assemble a good roster and they've struck out on so many draft picks and free agent signings.  I still feel Howell has shown enough to have earned being the starter in 2024, but considering how much turnover there is likely to be in the organization in the offseason, I am less confident that anything or anyone we view as salvageable on the current roster is safe in their spot.  I have a feeling that even veterans that still have something to give the league will be traded or cut and a full rebuild is about to be undertaken and perhaps Howell is the QB the new regime will want to build around but perhaps not, especially if we end up with a high enough draft pick that a QB is in play.  (Not saying that would be my decision on who to draft).

I also think looking back on last season that the defense was a bit of a fraud because they got a lot better when we started running the ball a ton, keeping them off the field. It was like the running game and time of possession were the real defense on the field. 

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 2

The depressing part is Snyder ****ing about a minimal amount of the sale to drag ass, so we couldn't make wholesale changed this offseason and it allowed Ron to keep acting like the King and bring in his dip**** buddy Eric when he knew we were destined for complete failure. His Martys and Jack and Eric got to play NFL for one last year and it's all over and ending ugly because of Dan.

But it's finally over. Time to take off the green wig, big red nose and wash off the make up. It's over. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

He's gonna win a ring in SF and then get paid.....life isn't fair but someone is gonna pay him. He made out big time by doing next to nothing. 

Maybe the ring. But dude isn’t getting anywhere near what sweat got. I would bet money he gets a one year prove it deal for maybe $10M. Clowney was a huge bust as well but at this point will still have a far better career than Young but I’m gonna guess Chase will have a similar career where he just bounces around the league but never comes close to sniffing the potential of what people thought he could be. 

Watching the SF game, I felt like he was only in about half the snaps and when he was the most notable thing he did was miss a sack, lay on the ground forever like Haynesworth and then finally get up and walk toward Hurts as he continued to scramble before throwing it away. 

Dude is a clown. I’m glad he’s no longer on the team so I can admit he’s an arrogant pos who had one good year and has done nothing since but still acts publicly like he’s as good as it gets rather than trying to convince myself there’s still something there and maybe he’s good. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Conn said:

Yeah I don't actually think they're not preparing properly.

It's just ridiculous how often we're the ones that other teams get to do things they otherwise wouldn't likely do if they were facing an opponent who was also well prepared. 

No way the cowboys had that turkey thing ready to go if they were facing the eagles or 9ers.

The coaches would have been preaching focus but with us they knew they could relax a little so to speak and I'm tired of being the team that always gets that level of respect. 

Not that it hasn't been earned just really tired of it.

Edited by redskinss
  • Like 2

Chase Young is likely going to end up a journeyman DE where he goes from team to team when they need an extra guy to help out, but there's nothing about his time in SF (so far at least) to suggest he wasn't being used right here and/or that his ceiling hasn't been realized. He's already not even on the field for half of the snaps and when he is in the game, the most that D-line is getting out of him is sometimes his pressures help someone else get a sack.   Trading him was the correct decision.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Chase Young is likely going to end up a journeyman DE where he goes from team to team when they need an extra guy to help out, but there's nothing about his time in SF (so far at least) to suggest he wasn't being used right here and/or that his ceiling hasn't been realized. He's already not even on the field for half of the snaps and when he is in the game, the most that D-line is getting out of him is sometimes his pressures help someone else get a sack.   Trading him was the correct decision.

100%. And the news about his knee preventing us from getting the 2nd that was on the table from Baltimore (or the higher 3rd that was originally on the table from SF) should retroactively terrify people. The 49ers treated their free comp 3rd from getting a FO guy hired away as “found money” and spent it on a high risk/high reward luxury. But after learning about that degenerative knee, we as fans have to acknowledge that we absolutely could not keep him and pay him even if we wanted to. Would have been malpractice with a day 2 pick on the table—and that’s even setting aside every other point you made about his overrated skill-set and lack of production. Just purely based on health, he had to go while we could still sell him. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 1

Were a bottom 3 team right now. Only the Panthers and Pats are worse and we were lucky to beat the Pats. 

We really should be playing for the number 2 pick.

30 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Yep hes a situational pass rusher.

Meanwhile we passed on Tua whos an MVP candidate.

7 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

There were MASSIVE questions about Tua and his health at the time of the draft.  

And he was very “meh” for a couple of years.  

I think Tua is good.

The offensive system and the skill position players are elite.

Interestingly, their OL is not great, but what they do and who they have doing it covers it up really well. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Were a bottom 3 team right now. Only the Panthers and Pats are worse and we were lucky to beat the Pats. 

We really should be playing for the number 2 pick.

Yep hes a situational pass rusher.

To be fair, Tua became "Tua" once he had otherworldly speed on his offense and a generational talent at WR. 

None of that would have happened here if we were to draft him.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Text exchange with my Dad yesterday, he was at work during the game and i was home...

SmartSelect_20231203_141443_Message+.jpg

Second long Hill TD was against C3. But the free safety had his feet in concrete.

11 minutes ago, Drock_VB said:

Don’t worry, they are going to look at the film and correct the problems. 

Well if they do (and I know you are being sarcastic) first order of business has to be benching Wylie. He has no business starting at RT - you HAVE to replace him with Lucas.

If there was a way to replace Paul I’d do that as well but I don’t think there is. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Conn said:

100%. And the news about his knee preventing us from getting the 2nd that was on the table from Baltimore (or the higher 3rd that was originally on the table from SF) should retroactively terrify people. The 49ers treated their free comp 3rd from getting a FO guy hired away as “found money” and spent it on a high risk/high reward luxury. But after learning about that degenerative knee, we as fans have to acknowledge that we absolutely could not keep him and pay him even if we wanted to. Would have been malpractice with a day 2 pick on the table—and that’s even setting aside every other point you made about his overrated skill-set and lack of production. Just purely based on health, he had to go while we could still sell him. 

Nah man, this is coping.  Do you think for a second that the 49ers would have dealt off Bosa for a song after he hurt his knee and tried to justify it as some sort of savvy move to avoid a ticking time bomb?  We don't really know anything about Chase's knee, or how long he'll be able to play.  What we do know is that our line was the only part of the defense that worked somewhat well, and losing Chase and Montez has completely destroyed our ability to generate pressure with our front four.  Now we're stuck running desperate blitzes that got absolutely smoked the past two weeks and we get 40 burgers dropped on us. Meanwhile both the Bears and 49ers defenses have massively improved in performance since the deadline, and they are loving their new toys.  We got our pockets picked and now have to start over on building the defensive line and our ability to generate pressure from the edge, instead of using our massive amount of cap space to shortcut that process with in house talent next year.  The best defenses continuously add high end DL talent no matter the cost.  Here our gump ass front office, local media, and fanbase **** about over investing in a DL with four good players in it, when the Eagles and 9ers have like eight.  Not only that, those four players were the only good players on the whole defense, and we have 90 ****ing million dollars in cap space next year.

Anyone who thinks Chase isn't having an impact in San Francisco should read this article about their pass rush since he showed up: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39014202/san-francisco-49ers-pass-rush-improving-three-game-win-streak

The 49ers are sharp dealers and they exploited our collapsing franchise again to get a premium talent for a song.  That knee **** was how they leveraged us into making a bad deal, the real dynamic they were exploiting was another personality conflict with a star player and an unstable front office situation in the middle of a transition.  It is the same damn thing they did to us in 2020 with Trent.  Teams like the 49ers are super intentional and don't treat draft picks like found money to gamble with.  They use them strategically in a relentless effort to improve their roster.  They wanted Chase and had a plan for him and have basically turned around their pass rush with three changes, going from ~25th in pass rush win rate to top five since the deadline.  And the biggest and most consequential change they made was adding Chase, as the other change to stop blitzing was a downstream consequence of getting him.  Now that defense is flying around and killing teams, and they just dominated the line of scrimmage against the team who was supposed to be the best at that in the NFL.

The 49ers farmed us and the Panthers to build the best roster in the league this year.  There isn't any silver lining in this for us.  It's just a strong and ultra competitive franchise taking advantage of terrible franchises. It's just us being so weak and unstable that we find it necessary to lie to ourselves that this was the best outcome available to us, so that we might avoid facing the reality of how bad we are.

• Like 3