Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Blip: It was only 24 to 48 hours - missed you all...

Fergasun

I don't really frequent any other spots for Washington football stuff so today when I had some downtime I decided to check out the Commanders Reddit as well as the Discord channel that someone mentioned on Twitter. It was ok, but not quite the same.

They seemed to consist of a few general categories of people:

1) Washington fans who want to talk football

2) Trolls who just love to be obscene and try to rile other people up

3) People ****ing about how Jumbo banned them from ES  :ols:

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1
  • Haha 10

• Fergasun changed the title to The Blip: It was only 24 to 48 hours - missed you all...
47 minutes ago, Destino said:

You measured it in hours, I measured it in panicked group chat messages.

Isn't ES a dedicated LAMP stack virtual machine? Or is the webserver and message board software on a different VM then it's backend database?

Because the error page looked generic to the message board software, which is much better then a 404 error or the domain name being gone.

If Invision just couldn't find config files or database where our profiles and threads are, okay, yea, I felt something broke and it just took a while to fix. Happens.

I'll be honest, its felt like ES has been crashing more since Harris bought the team, and while I get that because of increased traffic, he does own the team now.  Can someone please tell that spokesperson that they should be saying everything is fine BEFORE everything is fine instead of after?

If you and the other Mods are working to fix the site, someone else in the organization should be running PR even on a limited basis so folks aren't guessing the worst.  Jason Wright should know this.

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

I was worried about you all. 😁👹

Dude, people really do not like you out there 😂 I never knew until I thought I lost this place forever. 

Also, my first thought was @skinsmarydu. I remember her saying she feared the site would be gone once a new owner showed up. I was hoping she was in contact with someone. She needs a place to go to when she’s not in jail or stoned. 

Edited by Fan since a Fetus
  • Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1

29 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Isn't ES a dedicated LAMP stack virtual machine? Or is the webserver and message board software on a different VM then it's backend database?

I'd be pretty surprised at anyone who runs their application without any sort of microservices architecture in place. So I'd assume separate VMs for the various elements (though I'd run it in containers, personally).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Dude, people really do not like you out there 😂 I never knew until I thought I lost this place forever. 

Also, my first thought was @skinsmarydu. I remember her saying she feared the site would be gone once a new owner showed up. I was hoping she was in contact with someone. She needs a place to go to when she’s not in jail and stoned. 

That was only 17 days decades ago, and leave my stonage alone.  I'm old & can do what I want. 

I thought we were friends.  

(And I'm also a sassy sarcastic one. ) 😄

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1