Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Blip: It was only 24 to 48 hours - missed you all...

Fergasun

it's ridiculous I can't talk politics anywhere else online without people getting uppity and down voting. I don't purport to tell the news everyone "wants" to hear but I derive my information from social media and the msm. on the other board I visit they already banned political talk and reddit you can forget about that hive mind. so I will continue to be nuanced and read all sources of political discourse from Instagram and CNN and CBS and enlighten my fellow users 

welcome back ES 

Edited by ixcuincle
  • Like 5
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Dude, people really do not like you out there 😂 I never knew until I thought I lost this place forever. 

Also, my first thought was @skinsmarydu. I remember her saying she feared the site would be gone once a new owner showed up. I was hoping she was in contact with someone. She needs a place to go to when she’s not in jail or stoned. 

Hush up Stinkerton.

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Isn't ES a dedicated LAMP stack virtual machine? Or is the webserver and message board software on a different VM then it's backend database?

Because the error page looked generic to the message board software, which is much better then a 404 error or the domain name being gone.

If Invision just couldn't find config files or database where our profiles and threads are, okay, yea, I felt something broke and it just took a while to fix. Happens.

I'll be honest, its felt like ES has been crashing more since Harris bought the team, and while I get that because of increased traffic, he does own the team now.  Can someone please tell that spokesperson that they should be saying everything is fine BEFORE everything is fine instead of after?

If you and the other Mods are working to fix the site, someone else in the organization should be running PR even on a limited basis so folks aren't guessing the worst.  Jason Wright should know this.

image.png.4def321cce759573a15f87164fec33a8.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I support a move towards containers when there's the expertise there and plan to stay committed to it. 

I work security in software development, the number of people that think it looks cool, get in over their heads, then blackout leaving out of date **** for me to call out and get cleaned up is maddening.

Either be all in or all out, preferably out for folks that want or need to keep things simple, imo.

I nominate you to build a team and develop a backup site before this happens again. "The ES2 Project" would be a worthy venture. ****, crowfund it a little. I'd contribute some. 

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

This is true! I can't count the number of tech people I interviewed for proposal responses because the tech people couldn't get to the point. 

You don't understand, there's a whole bunch of context you need to be aware of to understand the full picture!

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, abdcskins said:

I was scared, I thought Daniel Snyder had enough of us.

He’s gone. Long gone. His destiny is to spend the rest of his days in a malaise, a miserable son of a **** desperately searching the earth for his long lost childhood teddybear Bobo, the only thing that ever brought him true happiness

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1