Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Eagles II (Ctrl+ALT+Delete Edition)

KDawg

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

The NFL is a multi billion dollar business that revolves around a ball. If they can't track that ball, they're pathetic.

It's about control IMO.

I argue they would have more control if it was connected to technology but that point I sound like a conspiracy theorist. But I feel you. No good reason not to do it. Money included. They have enough. 

47 minutes ago, Conn said:

This is what I said yesterday. It would make the sport better, from a fan standpoint. But it’s already more popular and more profitable every year from the perspective of 32 old billionaires. They’re trying to make the most money while spending the least money. 

I believe it’ll happen eventually and it’s logical on every level to want it but it’ll happen way later than we’d think imo. We’re already there.

41 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Just quick googling, I've seen the numbers of balls available for a game anywhere from 24 to 50.  Presumably, that's news balls for every game.  They'd be fining people $10k for every ball that got tossed into the stands. lol  

Then whatever other tech is involved, like chipping the markers too, receivers.  Like you say, they probably just dont want to bother with all that.

They probably don't see how moving the game forward technologically actually helps them make money. And arguably it doesn't. But like Conn said, I do think it will happen eventually. Technology isn't stopping and at some point they will just have to do it. 

13 minutes ago, MartinC said:

They do this in Premier League soccer now in England. Have ball tracking so they can see if the ball crosses the line for a goal or not if its close. The technology is well established and tested to track the ball, its stupid the NFL is not using it.

And this is why they will have to. With sports betting and this level of accuracy - fans willing to spend money on the sport are going to look at other sports making moves and wonder why not the NFL. And there really is no good reason outside of the money. Which sounds even worse coming from people so rich that they get your tax money sent to them. 

37 minutes ago, Franklin60 said:

A chip in a ball is never going to prove whether the ball was actually possessed by the offensive player when it crossed the goal line or hit the ground. 

Put chips in the players!! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The funny thing about this argument is the amount of people that would argue that the chips are not calibrated or !Haxors! in the event calls don't go our way.

I have absolute faith in a fan's ability to find a way to blame some outside force for jobbing their team.

Its a conspiracy you see.  Singular of course, as its gigantic. It goes all the way to the top.

zidhiyo3.jpg.db4dc3adfa390a89f323f7e8dc03e487.jpg

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

I don't think there is any chance we trade Allen unless we're blown away by the offer. He's been playing hurt so his value isn't as high, but he's also a rock on this team. Apparently teams made calls to us for him the last couple of days and we shot them all down.

I think either Sweat or Young will be dealt. Don't see both being traded though unless again we get blown away by a crazy offer.

• Like 1

I'd be willing to trade Allen and Sweat if Allen brings in a first round and Sweat a second rounder.  You would still have Payne and Young which is a nice combo.  I would try to sign a run stuffing DT to compliment Payne is free agency.  Those guys are not cheap, but not as expensive as pass rushing DT's and then try to draft a replacement for Sweat with one of the four picks we would have in the first two rounds.  Allen is great and it would require a first rounder to get me to part with him if I was managing the front office, but I would do it because I think it lets you build something for the future.

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

🤣

I am all out on PFF OLine grades.

Sincerely,

The Eye Test

I am still a fan of PFF grades, though I will admit, those grades are not what I was expecting.  That said I don't watch the All 22.  I feel like the lack of sacks was probably mostly the gameplan and Howell making a concerted effort to get rid of it quickly.  I looked at the numbers to verify them.  The only one that is a bit tricky is Leno.  He had a 72 pass pro grade, but had a 31 run block grade that brought him down.  For what its worth the Sam Cosmi was one of the top 4 on offense and the other 3 in the top four were Jamison Crowder, Jahan Dotson, and Brian Robinson.  

The defense was bad.  The three highest graded players on defense were Kam Curl, Khaleke Hudson (only 10 snaps) and Kendall Fuller.  St. Juste who had been having a really solid year with a 74 grade going into the game had a 42 yesterday an dForbes had a 29 (on 5 snaps)

A 29 for Forbes is high.

I'm only half joking.

9 minutes ago, philibusters said:

I'd be willing to trade Allen and Sweat if Allen brings in a first round and Sweat a second rounder.  You would still have Payne and Young which is a nice combo.  I would try to sign a run stuffing DT to compliment Payne is free agency.  Those guys are not cheap, but not as expensive as pass rushing DT's and then try to draft a replacement for Sweat with one of the four picks we would have in the first two rounds.  Allen is great and it would require a first rounder to get me to part with him if I was managing the front office, but I would do it because I think it lets you build something for the future.

Allen won't fetch a 1st. Maybe a 2nd though. 1sts are usually only for younger guys who are more dynamic game changers.

• Like 1

The fateful non review grab. Ron was probably near the LOS / 45 yard line, and view possibly blocked by the WR/DB on the 35. Ron should run down to the coach there instead and just asked if it was a catch vs spacing out looking at the big screen like fans distracted as Philly ran up and snapped it. That coach on the 35 signaled incomplete.

image.png.d766f15ea035e84b4fd7eefcf8c5d5f9.png

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

36 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Put chips in the players!! 

Teams already do. The players in soccer wear vests that have a chip in them. Allows tracking in training and games so training and coaching staff can track how much distance a player is covering during a game, track movement so they can heat map positioning and where touches on the ball occur, top speeds, runs/movements made etc etc. They also track things like heart rates.

My youngest was in a top soccer academy in the UK before we moved to the US. They were wearing this kind of thing as U11's. I would be amazed if this kind of tech is not already being used by NFL teams.

9 minutes ago, philibusters said:

I am still a fan of PFF grades, though I will admit, those grades are not what I was expecting.  That said I don't watch the All 22.  I feel like the lack of sacks was probably mostly the gameplan and Howell making a concerted effort to get rid of it quickly.  I looked at the numbers to verify them.  The only one that is a bit tricky is Leno.  He had a 72 pass pro grade, but had a 31 run block grade that brought him down.  For what its worth the Sam Cosmi was one of the top 4 on offense and the other 3 in the top four were Jamison Crowder, Jahan Dotson, and Brian Robinson.  

The defense was bad.  The three highest graded players on defense were Kam Curl, Khaleke Hudson (only 10 snaps) and Kendall Fuller.  St. Juste who had been having a really solid year with a 74 grade going into the game had a 42 yesterday an dForbes had a 29 (on 5 snaps)

What was the grade on Howell? I have a hard time thinking he was not one of our best 4 offensive players yesterday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

If we trade Allen my head will explode. We all know he has been limited with a toe and regardless is a badass.  I wont let a fumble recovery from Mathis make me think he can fill Allens shoes. Link is old news but first I am seeing of Allen's name out there

I would be stunned if they trade Allen. He's a 3 tech who gets upfield and impacts the passing game. Hes also already under contract and there would be a cap hit if we traded him this season.

One of Sweat or Young makes sense if we have (rightly) decided we cant pay them both. Allen - not so much.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, MartinC said:

They do this in Premier League soccer now in England. Have ball tracking so they can see if the ball crosses the line for a goal or not if its close. The technology is well established and tested to track the ball, its stupid the NFL is not using it.

Yeah, nice try, but you guys have it on the left side of the ball and we'd need the right side version. That'll cost billions.

• Haha 7

How is it the process for Ron to decide challenges based on the stadium replay? 

But remember when we made fun of Bruce Allen who made it part of his job to help decide challenges in the booth because he felt they needed such a thing.  lol  Apparently Ron felt he had a better idea.  

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, justice98 said:

How is it the process for Ron to decide challenges based on the stadium replay? 

Because (without hyperbole) we have one of the worst coaching staffs in the NFL and attitude to and use of analytics that would be recognisable to George Halas.

• Like 1

Glad we got crowder. I feel like he has done wayyyy more than Milne. It’s like when we had Carter back there. Maybe not as good, but he’s helped in offense and special teams. Whereas Milne just kind of existed. 

• Like 2

Just now, mh86 said:

Glad we got crowder. I feel like he has done wayyyy more than Milne. It’s like when we had Carter back there. Maybe not as good, but he’s helped in offense and special teams. Whereas Milne just kind of existed. 

Don't worry. No way the next administration retains Milne. He is this FO's version of Trey Quinn

• Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

17 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Because (without hyperbole) we have one of the worst coaching staffs in the NFL and attitude to and use of analytics that would be recognisable to George Halas.

Do we really believe there is a process for this? Gotta coach from the gut, without speaking and just staring from the sidelines while your DC and friend continues to make a nice salary bring one of the worst at what he does now.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Lions and Commanders were basically the same last year.  Why is one team now some say a threat to make the SB and the other a bottom feeder?  Part of it is better coaching.  Another part of it is what happens when you juxtapose a good off season next to a crap off season.

SIP, you're just throwing more hurtful gas on the fire. 🤣

This staff did a crap job drafting. Thing is we all thought part of the reason was just the way the players fell. It appears that's false, they were just ill prepared for the draft. I am going to throw faith towards the incoming regime that they blow up at least much of the scouting team...unless they can prove they had good boards but they were ignored.

Lions killed the draft!

Edited by DWinzit

Screen Shot 2023-10-31 at 7.50.21 AM.png

6 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

SIP, you're just throwing more hurtful gas on the fire. 🤣

This staff did a crap job drafting. Thing is we all thought part of the reason was just the way the players fell. It appears that's false, they were just ill prepared for the draft. I am going to throw faith towards the incoming regime that they blow up at least much of the scouting team...unless they can prove they had good boards but they were ignored.

Lions killed the draft!

We got to forget that.  And remember even though Gates looks like a bust signing.  PFF thinks we got something special in Wylie.  So maybe FA made up for the draft?

• Haha 1