Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Eagles II (Ctrl+ALT+Delete Edition)

KDawg

3 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

And two losses.

Last year against Philly we were down 14 - 7. Robinson had 26 carries.  

We also scored over 30 in that one.

And won by 11.

We racked up 472 yards of offense and scored over 30 points. If you do that and have semi competent defense you win a lot more than you lose.

In the win against the Eagles last year we held them to 21 points. If The Eagles didn't fumble twice inside the 5 on Sunday they would have scored over 50. Offense and offensive play calling was not the reason we lost.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

We lost because the defense couldn't stop a nose bleed

Defense has been bad, no doubt, but they did force two turnovers in the red zone.

17 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The Eagles were also a lot weaker against the run last year(IIRC right after losing to us they signed a couple of FA DTs).

Yeah, I think they were average against the run last year but last Sunday, like I said Robinson averaged six yards a carry, and Gibson had two carries for 14.

We should have run the ball more.

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I get why now Keim keeps saying the Chubb trade was apples to oranges to this potential trade considering the contract was set up already for Miami.    Hence trade capital was better.

If we want to trade either Sweat or Young not letting interested teams work with their agents on a long term deal is mind bendingly stupid. 

It suggests we don’t really want to do a deal but are just listening in case someone offers us the moon on a stick. Which is not going to happen. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MartinC said:

In the win against the Eagles last year we held them to 21 points. If The Eagles didn't fumble twice inside the 5 on Sunday they would have scored over 50. Offense and offensive play calling was not the reason we lost.

This time.

However, it was against the Giants. It's so inconsistent week-to-week, my eye twitches when people think we should just hand the reigns to Bieniemy

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

This time.

However, it was against the Giants. It's so inconsistent week-to-week, my eye twitches when people think we should just hand the reigns to Bieniemy

I just dont get whats the point of keeping Ron? What is he providing? He has shown nothing and seems to be doing even less this year. At least if you give it over to Bieniemy you can give him a trial go as HC and see how it goes. I get not wanting to let a HC go during the season, but like, what are we really losing if we get rid of Rivera? Anything?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

We should have run the ball more.

I mean yeah you can easily go back and point to every incomplete pass and say "we should have ran it there."

The only play where I would have preferred a run over a pass was the 4th and 1, and even then on replay we had WRs wide open but Howell just missed them.

When you throw the ball as well as we did, its kinda silly to say we should have done it less.

4 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

This time.

Offensive game plan and play calling against the Giants was amongst the worse I have seen from a Washington team ever. Totally agree on the inconsistency.

It will be very interesting to se how we go against the Patriots this coming week.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

I just dont get whats the point of keeping Ron? What is he providing? He has shown nothing and seems to be doing even less this year. At least if you give it over to Bieniemy you can give him a trial go as HC and see how it goes. I get not wanting to let a HC go during the season, but like, what are we really losing if we get rid of Rivera? Anything?

Because it's a move to make a move. It really gives us nothing. Bieniemy is in the reverse car wash, he has done nothing this year to make me think he is HC material, at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

Because it's a move to make a move. It really gives us nothing. Bieniemy is in the reverse car wash, he has done nothing this year to make me think he is HC material, at all.

I don't expect Bieniemy to kill it but what's the downside? We suck? We already do so at least you give him a trial and we get a better draft pick. Part of it for sure is I am so frustrated with Ron, but I really dont see much of a downside. The biggest impact move would be firing JDR, but we dont have anyone that I can think of to step in and call the defense. 

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The only play where I would have preferred a run over a pass was the 4th and 1, and even then on replay we had WRs wide open but Howell just missed them.

When you throw the ball as well as we did, its kinda silly to say we should have done it less.

Completely agree on the fourth and one.

Would you have wanted the high powered Eagles offense on the field as little as possible ? Or, in other words, would you have wanted our defense on the field as little as possible  ?

I would have.

44 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

Would you have wanted the high powered Eagles offense on the field as little as possible ? Or, in other words, would you have wanted our defense on the field as little as possible  ?

I'd rather move the ball and score points. Time of possession means eff all if you're not scoring. We were moving the ball and scoring points, so I have no issue with our offensive strategy. Can always nit pick one or two plays in hindsight.