Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders vs.The Eagles - Someone is getting their feathers plucked?!?!

zCommander

Just now, Hdf561 said:

He has executed much better today, he even picked up on the back side pressure which he hasn’t been doing in previous weeks even when we won…play calling certainly wasn’t helping him, but some of its on him as well. 

And let’s pump the breaks game is far from over we haven’t won anything yet so let’s slow down before we start crowning people 

Re-read. “It’s only the second quarter”.

Also, no one is crowning anyone. I’m actually saying the opposite of what you (you’re one of the specific people doing it) have been. You’ve been down on him every week. Which is fine. Your expectations are low. That’s fine. But you were burying him.

He’s going to make some incredibly bad decisions. He does that. Part of the Howell experience. That’ll improve but never go away. 

Last, the playcalls were the biggest issue.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SkinsFanRob said:

So not only do we not run they get to keep a timeout now. First bad play call of the game 

nah that screen to the overloaded side of the field on 3rd and 5 earlier was pretty bad too. Also there was a 2nd down shotgun run I want thrown out of the playbook.

but overall yeah much better play calling like we’ve been calling for to actually help Howell get into a rhythm 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The moment I’m ready to tip my cap to EB, he dials that pile of **** up on 4th and 1.  Make it make sense, man.  Who does that?

He just doesn’t have that special feel for the game that the good ones have. He knows it in theory, he’s seen it all a thousand times. But he doesn’t have that innate ability to set teams up for future calls, most of the time. Every call almost feels like it happens in isolation