Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

4 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Wonder if the former banned poster who works there has been let go?

Wasnt Cooleyfan the stadium janitor or something?

10 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

I think every young player who was here in 22 didn't improve or got worse in 23 except for Cosmi. Doubt Cosmi spent much time with Malcolm lol

• Haha 1

On 5/13/2024 at 2:04 AM, clskinsfan said:

People flipping out about a frikin feather. Whatever.

And Floriette is making a big deal out of nothing as usually.

• Like 2

AP was the heartbeat of SF F.O. when it came to drafting and knowing talent, I have to think.  Sure he has said that this player told him to take his brother in his first draft, so on and so on but how blessed is this organization to have a talent like AP.  Man!  :) 

• Like 1

Speaking for myself, I don't buy third party gear, nor Redskins gear outta respect for the matter, but its stuff like this that aint exactly helping our merch sales and it is 100% dumb and self inflicted.

Made our own job harder.

• Haha 1

On 5/13/2024 at 10:36 AM, Warhead36 said:

Just be Washington. Only Washington. Go back to the old burgundy and gold. Use the spear logo. Let the fans come up with their own nicknames. We'll be the only team that uses its city as a brand. Let WASHINGTON be the brand.

Yes. I would like this.

• Like 4

On 5/15/2024 at 5:55 PM, Bifflog said:

Sure does seem like a lot of the news is of scouts leaving Washington, but what about hiring a bunch of new scouts? We need that ****!!

6 minutes ago, bird_1972 said:

Sure does seem like a lot of the news is of scouts leaving Washington, but what about hiring a bunch of new scouts? We need that ****!!

Maybe they told them they can start to look elsewhere as AP plans to reshape the scouting department post draft.

9 minutes ago, mh86 said:

Maybe they told them they can start to look elsewhere as AP plans to reshape the scouting department post draft.

I figured as much, but I'd like to hear of hires (many hires, actually) to our scouting dept. 

It's been one of the smallest and least resourced in the league. To me, that's a huge need and I'm hoping AP prioritizes it. The silence is worrisome.

• Thumb up 1

49 minutes ago, bird_1972 said:

I figured as much, but I'd like to hear of hires (many hires, actually) to our scouting dept. 

It's been one of the smallest and least resourced in the league. To me, that's a huge need and I'm hoping AP prioritizes it. The silence is worrisome.

Plenty of time before season starts to get new scouts in place. 

3 hours ago, bird_1972 said:

I mean, this was totally expected, right? Peters arrived too late in the year to make changes before the draft and so here we are post-draft and it’s game on. Call me crazy but if Peters thinks we can do better, then I’m gonna side with him!

• Like 6

7 hours ago, FuriousD said:

I mean, this was totally expected, right? Peters arrived too late in the year to make changes before the draft and so here we are post-draft and it’s game on. Call me crazy but if Peters thinks we can do better, then I’m gonna side with him!

I think you missed my point. We are now past the draft and there have been relatively few hires announced but there have been many people being let go. 

At this point in the offseason, I'd like to see Peters focus on hires so I'm hoping they come soon. And that many reinforcements are on the way!

1 hour ago, bird_1972 said:

I think you missed my point. We are now past the draft and there have been relatively few hires announced but there have been many people being let go. 

At this point in the offseason, I'd like to see Peters focus on hires so I'm hoping they come soon. And that many reinforcements are on the way!

Do you doubt this is going to happen? So far this entire organization has done exactly what it said it would. Not rushing and trusting their process - they’ve done that throughout. Said they wanted to be explosive and violent - drafted and signed players that fit that exact mold. Said they wanted to gain advantages on the edges and have followed through in spending and signing coaches, staff and upgrades that do just that. Etc. 

I have zero doubt they will emphasize both quality and quantity in the scouting department and Harris et al will not hesitate to open the checkbook to ensure we get the best and have an advantage in that department. Hell, we gave out not one but two of the biggest UDFA contracts in the league to make sure we got guys that may not even make the team. I have zero concern about a couple scout folks leaving considering they were probably told they weren’t in the plans here anyway. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, bird_1972 said:

It’s May 18. College Scouts have nothing to do until end of August. AP will have the new scouts hired and ready by the time season starts.

There’s plenty of time to get people in place. 

• Like 2