Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

On 4/19/2024 at 1:04 PM, redskinss said:

Ty for saying that, I cringe when I read that, it sounds like a roadside assistance feature Google would come up with not an abbreviation of a name.

Somebody made a post a day or so a go that said GMAP like 50 times, it sounded like Bienemy talking about himself in the 3rd person, it was like nails on a chalkboard for me.

Probably because of IMAP, GMAP makes me think of some sort of proprietary internet protocol (maybe Google Messaging Access Protocol).

• Like 1

Good read here on Kingsbury's offense, gets into great detail. TE's will be used a lot and so will crossing routes. Spread the field mentality. Best case scenario we've got 2012 all over again, minus the ending with the QB. There are lots of reasons to be excited because we've upgraded in so many areas.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bears/news/fiction-and-non-fiction-on-kliff-kingsbury-offense

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

I heard somewhere we are up to 43 new players entering camp including UDFA. Pretty amazing overhaul.

9 draft picks

11 UDFA last I saw

22 FA

I think we had one international player signing, maybe that's the 43rd I'm missing.

36 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Magic is done with basketball and is now going to bring this level of cutting analysis to, well, baseball.

But come October-ish, his Commanders better perform or he will demand they be mentally tougher on the Site Formerly Known as Twitter.

It's gotten to the point where I'm starting to wonder if Magic is aware of his bufoonery and having a go with all of us, by intentionally posting parodies of himself.

If not, yikes!

Edited by CommanderInTheRye

35 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Magic is done with basketball and is now going to bring this level of cutting analysis to, well, baseball.

But come October-ish, his Commanders better perform or he will demand they be mentally tougher on the Site Formerly Known as Twitter.

I know I'm probably going to get dragged for this but I see a lot of similarities between the beginning of the Harris group era and when Jerry Jones took over Dallas in 1989.

The Cowboys intentionally hit rock bottom, before completely overhauling the roster and culture. The 6 game improvement in '90 laid the foundation for a playoff run in '91 and back-to-back Lombardis immediately after that. Washington didn't get the same haul as Jimmy Johnson did for Walker, but they had a lot of draft capital last weekend and crushed it, by most accounts. I'm expecting a playoff push this year, and whether they get there or not, they should be more competitive and it's going to be more fun than at any point since 2012.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

So magic was the key note speaker today at the aaae conference I volunteered at (my airport was hosting) all volunteers got to meet and take a picture. 

I thanked him and told him when the group took over was the 1st time in 10 yrs I spent money on the team for merch.  Also told him the fans are pumped for the future.  Said he was grateful for the fans support and the they can feel the support and energy from the fan base.

Edited by boston skins fan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

12 hours ago, boston skins fan said:

So magic was the key note speaker today at the aaae conference I volunteered at (my airport was hosting) all volunteers got to meet and take a picture. 

I thanked him and told him when the group took over was the 1st time in 10 yrs I spent money on the team for merch.  Also told him the fans are pumped for the future.  Said he was grateful for the fans support and the they can feel the support and energy from the fan base.

Then he told you how he used to play with James. And Kareem. And pretended to throw a no-look pass.

24 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Then he told you how he used to play with James. And Kareem. And pretended to throw a no-look pass.

I will never forgive Magic for drafting Lonzo Ball.

6 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Tell your old man to drag Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I just listened to Ed McCaffery on Sirius NFL channel and he is ecstatic that his son Luke is gonna be playing in Cliff Kingsbury's offense. If that's not encouraging then I don't know what is. He went on to say how great Jamison Crowder is gonna be as a mentor for Luke and how solid our WR corp is. He then mentioned how he's pumped to see Luke play with Jayden Daniels. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Call me a sentimental old fool, but I can never get enough of these "we just drafted you!" videos.

Here's a compilation of Peters welcoming each of our draft picks to their future...

There's something about having a dream that you worked so hard at for years, and finally seeing it manifest that reawakens the essential "thing" inside of all of us that drives us to be more than just the sum of our collective parts.

I guess it's kind of why I love hokey dream quest films like Rocky so much.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Commanders just released the full video of all the draft day phone calls...

You can definitely tell which guys know they're gonna get drafted and which ones aren't so sure because there were no videos of the last 2 picks.

Edited by redskinss
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, redskinss said:

You can definitely tell which guys know they're gonna get drafted and which ones aren't so sure because there were no videos of the last 2 picks.

Yeah, that last pick it sounded like he might have been crying. He was so happy and his family were really cheering hard. I wish we had video of that.

It must be agonizing waiting through the whole draft hoping that somehow you might hear your name and then when a few pics are left and you've just about given up hope the phone rings.

On the other end of the spectrum, I felt like Nasty Newton was pissed off that he didn't hear his name called until the second round.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

the other end of the spectrum, I felt like Nasty Newton was pissed off that he didn't hear his name called until the second round.

I got that vibe too, I also wonder if his initial reaction was partially to not wanting to start his career in the shadow of two pro bowl defensive tackles.

I know he's had videos since that say he's excited to work with Allen and Payne but that might not have been his first reaction.

• Thumb up 1

54 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Newton the DT was in tears!  He's pumped!  I love this film it's raw emotion from the players; first reaction.  Good stuff!  Yes! 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

On 4/30/2024 at 2:32 PM, CommanderInTheRye said:

It's gotten to the point where I'm starting to wonder if Magic is aware of his bufoonery and having a go with all of us, by intentionally posting parodies of himself.

If not, yikes!

He's Perd Hapley

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9523gtmyffhsehyk4a3fc

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, illone said:

I got the youtube alert when that video went live. 

My wife cried like a baby and she isnt even a commanders fan 😂🥲

I did too, shhhhh

Had the exact same experience with my wife.  They get me every year, lol

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1