Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

A tidbit from https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39955777/how-patriots-legend-bill-belichick-end-nfl-job :

"Washington seemed to be another good fit, and multiple sources said Belichick was very interested. He grew up in Annapolis, Maryland, and the combination of his hometown ties and football acumen might have helped the Commanders win and land a stadium in Washington, D.C., considered the most-prized location for a new venue. Commanders minority owner Magic Johnson lobbied hard for Belichick to be the team's new head coach, sources said. Belichick spoke to new Commanders GM Adam Peters, a former Patriots staffer, and said he respected the job Peters had done in personnel since he had left New England, helping the Broncos and 49ers reach a combined three Super Bowls.

However, principal owner Josh Harris, who had spoken privately with Kraft about Belichick, told confidants in early December that he respected Belichick but wasn't going to hire him. He wanted the same leadership structure he has with the Philadelphia 76ers and New Jersey Devils: a strong general manager over a head coach. Harris' hiring of the 44-year-old Peters as GM before he looked for a coach was a big tell that Belichick was not a fit, a decision that Johnson endorsed. A source close to Belichick said the coach had questions about working in a strong-GM system. Washington decided to hire Cowboys defensive coordinator and former Falcons head coach Dan Quinn. The victim of the Patriots' 28-3 Super Bowl comeback had a job. The primary architect of that historic victory did not."

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Bifflog said:

Commanders minority owner Magic Johnson lobbied hard for Belichick to be the team's new head coach, sources said. 

The main reason Magic should just stay out of any decision making “EVER” with on field issues… stick to his posting on Twitter “X” and things like that after games 

Edited by Command The 414
  • Like 1

If Belichick came out and said in the media that he wasn’t interested in running a football organization or controlling its personnel—only coaching its players—then he’d have a leg to stand on crying about not having a job.

Having people in the media carry his water about how unbelievable it is he’s unemployed is just embarrassing for him because it shows how he has no clue where things went wrong in NE post-Brady. Makes it even MORE apparent why he doesn’t have a job. Just a total lack of self-awareness and shows he hasn’t interrogated the reality of why he failed. Pretty much the opposite of Dan Quinn’s mindset even if Belichick was obviously a better HC in his prime than Quinn.

1 minute ago, Command The 414 said:

The main reason Magic should just stay out of any decision making “EVER” with on field issues… stick to Twitter “X” and things like that …

And proof, as many of us have been saying here, that he has no say in anything football-related. He owns a tiny percentage of the team, he has no say. He’s charismatic and useful as a face and as a contact point with various people that Harris and his football people want him talking to (like the Kliff Kingsbury situation). But his personal opinion holds no real weight.   

Edited by Conn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Things definitely worked out for the best. We wouldn't have had the coaching staff DQ assembled. It would have been more of the same as far as mediocracy as far as I'm concerned. Thank you, Josh Harris, for having a plan and sticking to it.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2024 at 2:28 PM, SoCalSkins said:

Don’t expect an improved Sean Taylor statue if Josh’s Iverson one is any indication:

1713275895390?e=1716422400&v=beta&t=Gq11

Looks to scale for what the other players got before Harris came in. From this angle it looks pretty cool to me.

Not worried about statues for players, really. I think most for athletes look weird. The Jordan one in Chicago. The giant Numbers in Baltimore. The players in motion at Nats Park. Actually, I kind of like the Ernie Banks statue outside Wrigley. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Looks to scale for what the other players got before Harris came in. From this angle it looks pretty cool to me.

Not worried about statues for players, really. I think most for athletes look weird. The Jordan one in Chicago. The giant Numbers in Baltimore. The players in motion at Nats Park. Actually, I kind of like the Ernie Banks statue outside Wrigley. 

Yeah if you actually read the article, the statue isn't bad at all. Its part of a row of statues, a memorial to legends kinda thing, and is actually really well done. There will always be a few people angry at everything, but imagine a row of statues like that outside our new stadium. Could be one of Riggo's 70 Chip run. Could be Darrell Green holding his rib during that punt return. etc. etc. Would actually be really cool.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah if you actually read the article, the statue isn't bad at all. Its part of a row of statues, a memorial to legends kinda thing, and is actually really well done. There will always be a few people angry at everything, but imagine a row of statues like that outside our new stadium. Could be one of Riggo's 70 Chip run. Could be Darrell Green holding his rib during that punt return. etc. etc. Would actually be really cool.

I could totally see that working. 

2 hours ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Speak for yourself, I can't wait to see this bad boy outside Capital One Arena (or MedStar Iceplex) in a couple years.

Ovechkin and Bäckström: Washington's Dynamic Duo Continues to Break Records  | NoVa Caps 

2 hours ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Next to the other statues, it does look cool. Iverson is only 6' to begin with.

It beats the hell out of this wire hanger statue.

bde14dfc1a8effeb3b0263a387c44afe.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Speak for yourself, I can't wait to see this bad boy outside Capital One Arena (or MedStar Iceplex) in a couple years.

Ovechkin and Bäckström: Washington's Dynamic Duo Continues to Break Records  | NoVa Caps 

Ovie will get something. I know wrong sport here. But glad it'll be downtown when it happens. Also, it should be 20 feel tall.

medium.jpg

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

This 100% needs to be done, great idea.