Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

3 hours ago, Going Commando said:

GMAP is bad enough.  Just say Newmark.

Ty for saying that, I cringe when I read that, it sounds like a roadside assistance feature Google would come up with not an abbreviation of a name.

Somebody made a post a day or so a go that said GMAP like 50 times, it sounded like Bienemy talking about himself in the 3rd person, it was like nails on a chalkboard for me.

• Haha 3
  • Thumb up 2

Screenshot_20240419-131235.png.13998c6e53a23abb30bd4ea81efc5b3f.png

My guy eating popcorn while scouting the combine, just completely in his element. Probably the most comfortable I've seen him thus far in Washington (but he's also gotten noticeably better with the media in a short time). 

I hope to see the same look on game day, like "yep, I built that team" before tossing back another handful. You love to see it. 

• Like 4

Magic Johnson wanting to hire Belichick is so Magic that it sets a new standard for Magic.

Magic's first choice was Chuck Noll but was informed that he was dead.

Awww,, man.....when we get Belichick we should get Joe Montana as quarterback (high fives Arsenio). Then we'd have Billl...and Joe....and Barry Sanders....whooo weee....showtime!"

• Haha 7

7 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Magic Johnson wanting to hire Belichick is so Magic that it sets a new standard for Magic.

Magic's first choice was Chuck Noll but was informed that he was dead.

Awww,, man.....when we get Belichick we should get Joe Montana as quarterback (high fives Arsenio). Then we'd have Billl...and Joe....and Barry Sanders....whooo weee....showtime!"

My Commanders really were interested in Vince Lombardi. But they came up short. Because he’s not alive. We’ll try again next year. ~Magic

Edited by KDawg

I wasn't sure where to put this, but I think this thread is the closest match I could find.

Bill Belichick discusses how the new kickoff rules will lead to an emphasis on size over speed on special teams.

Bill Belichick explains how new NFL kickoff rule will change which players will be on the field

Apr 18, 20242 min read

When the NFL kicks off the 2024 season, it's going to look drastically different. Earlier this offseason, owners approved a new kickoff rule for the upcoming year, which will feature up to 19 players lining up against one another from five yards apart. The kicking team will have 10 players lining up at the receiving team's 40-yard line, while at least seven players from the receiving team must have their foot on the 35-yard line. This creates massive intrigue for how various teams will look to deploy their personnel in this new formation.

While he may not be lurking on the sidelines at the moment, Bill Belichick shared his thoughts on how this new change could impact who is actually on the field for kickoffs. 

"There will be more of an emphasis on size of players in the return game than speed," Belichick told the Pat McAfee Show, via Pro Football Talk. "You just need guys who can play at the point of attack, shed blocks, and defend their space because of the new alignment. So I think it will increase the size of the players that are on the field. And I do think that because everybody is spread across the field, if these returners, if they hit a little bit of space, they're gone."

The receiving team can put two players back as returners in the "landing zone" and because most of the action will spark between the receiving team's 40 and 35-yard line, there's going to be plenty of opportunity for returners to break loose if they can find a lane. All this is an effort to make kickoffs a meaningful play again in the NFL because, as Belichick noted, "literally 90 percent of the kickoffs were going out of the end zone." The only thing Belichick did not like about the change was that it eliminated the ability to pull off a surprise onside kick. 

Given how much of a football savant Belichick is, it is a shame that he didn't come close to landing another head coaching gig following his parting of ways with the Patriots this offseason, as he'd likely be at the forefront of trying to find ways to best approach the new kickoff. In any event, it will be fascinating to see how the rest of the league decides to attack this rule change and who they put on the field to try and exploit it

The only thing I wish we could see this year is Belichick scheming up ST’s plays in a totally fresh league environment where nobody has any prior experience with these rules…he’d have found loopholes and schemed up big returns for sure. Somebody should be quietly paying him $5M to consult on ST’s schemes right now. 

• Like 7

There was absolutely zero chance of BB coming to Washington. As for the Magic story, I don't buy it for a second. That the media says so is because were being fed crap info to keep BB seemingly relevant in HC searches. People calling Magic directly to ask is not tantamount to the Redskins having interest, despite what that idiotic dude with the website wants people to believe.

Edited by skinzplay

The convo probably went something like:

Magic: "Hey, Bellicheck is available. Should we consider him?"

Harris: "No."

Magic: "Okay."

The media likes to overhype Magic's involvement. He owns a pretty small share. He's good at giving us some credibility and winning charm but he has no say whatsoever in any personnel decisions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

The media likes to overhype Magic's involvement. He owns a pretty small share. He's good at giving us some credibility and winning charm but he has no say whatsoever in any personnel decisions.

Yes. We are all aware of this. Thank you for your attempt at educating us and even using an unnecessary illustration.

Magic is a cartoon character and that's fun.

22 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

You forgot about where PFT and Florio go on some wild, made-up-story about how dysfunctional we are, still.

• Like 1

I agree with Magic Johnson. BB wouldn't have been a bad hire given the state of the organization. Fair or not, players and opposing fanbases view the Redskins (Commanders lol) as an expansion team with a **** name and the only culture\tradition the organization has is tied to a moron head coach that also tainted the team with a moron name. This is a painful realization (like the Matrix scene) but that's how this organization is viewed. That's why Montez Sweat was laughing at ThECommManders and why Daniels appeared (or his agent) to be ashamed at playing for this organizaiton and that's why he's wearing silver and black. Bringing in old Bill could have caused a clash with the GM but I wonder if it would have given some weight and legitimacy to the brand and the team?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, seamonster said:

BB wouldn't have been a bad hire given the state of the organization.

You wouldnt have had half of the defensive free agents we signed come here without Quinn imo. He was the right hire at the right time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

You wouldnt have had half of the defensive free agents we signed come here without Quinn imo. He was the right hire at the right time. 

Situationally it wasn't a terrible hire. Quinn  gutted the Cowboys defensive staff.  Just thinking from a minority or a majority owners perspective. Brand is severely deflated and floundering.  Bill can still coach and still has eight super bowl rings.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, seamonster said:

I agree with Magic Johnson. BB wouldn't have been a bad hire given the state of the organization. Fair or not, players and opposing fanbases view the Redskins (Commanders lol) as an expansion team with a **** name and the only culture\tradition the organization has is tied to a moron head coach that also tainted the team with a moron name. This is a painful realization (like the Matrix scene) but that's how this organization is viewed. That's why Montez Sweat was laughing at ThECommManders and why Daniels appeared (or his agent) to be ashamed at playing for this organizaiton and that's why he's wearing silver and black. Bringing in old Bill could have caused a clash with the GM but I wonder if it would have given some weight and legitimacy to the brand and the team?

Belichick would have been a Snyder-like hire. Out of the league, peak years behind him, nobody else lining up to hire him. Peak 2010’s Snyder hire. 

Not to mention the staff he wanted to hire would have been largely awful, exactly like most of his Patriots staff was by the end—with the few younger guys with potential staying with Mayo. 

Horrible idea. Even if he was 100% okay working under Peters it would’ve been awful, and would’ve been the first sign that Harris had no idea what he was doing. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

35 minutes ago, seamonster said:

Situationally it wasn't a terrible hire. Quinn  gutted the Cowboys defensive staff.  Just thinking from a minority or a majority owners perspective. Brand is severely deflated and floundering.  Bill can still coach and still has eight super bowl rings.

Brady made Bill.  

BB record without Tom via this link:  Bill Belichick's record without Tom Brady: How legendary Patriots coach has fared before, after divorce with QB | Sporting News

"Belichick has a record of just 82-98 without Brady as his quarterback after the 2023 NFL season. That's good for a winning percentage of just .463 and pales in comparison to what Belichick has achieved with his long-time quarterback."

BB with Tom via the same link above:

"Belichick has posted a record of 333-178 during his 29 seasons as an NFL head coach. He has a record of 302-165 in the regular season and an impressive mark of 31-13 in 44 career postseason games."

Glad BB was not the hire and so are many on ES.  

• Thumb up 1

On 4/25/2024 at 1:58 PM, seamonster said:

So many of the coaches we brought in this year had options but chose us.

Kingsbury was set to go to the Raiders and did a 180.

Anthony lynn a head coach with a winning record didn't have to take a position coach job here but wanted to be a part of this organization. 

Tavita Pritchard was sought after but decided to stay etc.

Then there's the free agents, last year we wanted wagner badly but had no chance, players of his caliber don't come here well guess what.

We didn't give a single player a fat contract that would suggest they came here for the money, they almost all came here because they want to be a part of this rebuild and believe in it, there were no albert Haynesworths this year.

we may not have rehabilitated our image yet because we haven't had the time to but everybody knows we're not the dumpster fire organization we were under snyder.

• Thumb up 1