Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

22 hours ago, RVAskins said:

I thought it  was a "wish sandwich".

A “wish sandwich” is where you have two slices of bread and wish you had some meat to put between them.

**** you're right...I got my movie characters mixed up.  Jam sandwich is from Tom Hanks in Bachelor Party.....one of my favorite movies of his when he was just slapstick like he was in Bosom Buddies.  Thank you for the clarification.

• Thumb up 2

20 hours ago, Xameil said:

Katzs Deli..BEST...REUBAN...EVER!!!!

Both are in that song.

I worked at Carnegie Deli in Tysons....my fav sandwich was the Broadway Danny Rose....1/2 lb of pastrami and 1/2 lb of corned beef with three pieces of rye and kraut (if wanted), mustard or Russian dressing, and pickles.   Goddamn amazing  and have been trying to relive that for 33 years.  Some places are great but that was insane.

(pic below shows the size but that looks like all one meat there.)

image.thumb.png.3e675d157dee0dafdd52c794fc091286.png

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

30 minutes ago, RabidFan said:

I worked at Carnegie Deli in Tysons....my fav sandwich was the Broadway Danny Rose....1/2 lb of pastrami and 1/2 lb of corned beef with three pieces of rye and kraut (if wanted), mustard or Russian dressing, and pickles.   Goddamn amazing  and have been trying to relive that for 33 years.  Some places are great but that was insane.

(pic below shows the size but that looks like all one meat there.)

image.thumb.png.3e675d157dee0dafdd52c794fc091286.png

Ive been to Carnegie Deli in NYC. Good food, great atmosphere 

PFF Nick Aldridge, on the staff, did t like the Bobby Johnson.  He said something like this:

”I don’t know how you can like this hire.  The results in New York speak for themselves.  But there were extenuating circumstances in NY.”

I was like, huh? Its weird to say “his last stop sucked, which is why I don’t like him, but yeah, there was a lot of stuff outside of his control.

it is the rye most interesting hire.  But I wonder if he was a good coach in a bad situation, because he had good success in Buffalo the 3 year’s previous.  I doubt he forgot how to coach….

Anyway, I thought it was a rather stupid thing to say.  

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

PFF Nick Aldridge, on the staff, did t like the Bobby Johnson.  He said something like this:

”I don’t know how you can like this hire.  The results in New York speak for themselves.  But there were extenuating circumstances in NY.”

I was like, huh? Its weird to say “his last stop sucked, which is why I don’t like him, but yeah, there was a lot of stuff outside of his control.

it is the rye most interesting hire.  But I wonder if he was a good coach in a bad situation, because he had good success in Buffalo the 3 year’s previous.  I doubt he forgot how to coach….

I agree on the good coach bad situation at the moment. It’s looking like that NY staff may be on the way out in a year or two, at most. I’m taking a wait and see approach. The thing that’s working in his favor is our OL was BAD, so he has a very low bar to hurdle. A few better additions (plus play calling) and he looks good again in the NFLs eyes.

• Thumb up 1

27 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Really thought that EB would wind up back in KC, but I guess college is what's best for him.  He was at CO before and now UCLA

He has a much better resume than Deshaun Foster who got the HC job jumping from RB coach to HC. I think the skeletons in EB’s closet are keeping him from HC jobs or something else is at play. Not sure what the story is. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

He has a much better resume than Deshaun Foster who got the HC job jumping from RB coach to HC. I think the skeletons in EB’s closet are keeping him from HC jobs or something else is at play. Not sure what the story is. 

He was the de facto HC here this past year and he sucked and the players hated him. He'll never get an NFL HC job. I do think his temperament might work better in college but I'm not sure he'll be able to recruit.

• Like 3

I'm pretty sure I can go find great puff pieces on Tomsula from when the 49ers hired him as a head coach.

"bUt sPiFf! qWiNn iS uh mUcH bEtTaH cOaCh! AnThOnY LyNn iS gUnNa UnLoCk BeE-WoB!"

That's probably true, but the point is that there's always warm and fuzzies and great "behind the scenes" stories that crop up any time a new coach is hired.  Pardon me while I roll my eyes at the fact that Michael Jordan's in-practice punching bag turned smug head coach is a great friend of Quinn's.  JFC, Keim is acting like it's a miracle or some **** that Quinn didn't blame others when asked about 28-3.  Anyone who knows anything about interviewing should know how to answer a question like that, of course you don't point fingers at anyone who deserves it, you shoulder the blame and look for other answers.  Reporting on it like ****ing Dorothy walking out of her front door and seeing color for the first time is insulting.

I'm stoked as **** that we have a different owner, but I'm still not getting fooled this time.  Just because Snyder isn't here doesn't mean that this is automatically going to be better.  Odds significantly increase now that he's gone but I'm still skeptical.  

Not surprised EB could not pull an NFL gig. He was god awful and the bad vibes from the players are sure to have reverberated around the league.

Waaaaaay more pumped about Kliff than I ever was about EB. I was meh on that hire and soured fast.

I never wanna see 6 carries in a game or 55 consecutive pass plays ever again. Dude was a circus clown. He can go ruin some other young QB. I hope nobody has stock in UCLA's signal caller.

• Like 7

I thought that he would get the head gig at UCLA or some other college program but it's becoming very clear there's something off with the guy that's turning decision makers off.

He's reminding me of someone who is very toxic. 

Edited by spjunkies
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

14 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Mara.jpg

EB not only deployed the worst ‘strategy’ I’ve ever seen with a young QB, but now has the worst parting statements I’ve ever heard.  

She didn’t break up with me, I broke up with her.  There is nothing I could have done better.

😂

For anyone still wondering why this dude had umpteen interviews and never got hired, see the above.  Phew. 

• Like 11
  • Haha 6

7 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

EB not only deployed the worst ‘strategy’ I’ve ever seen with a young QB, but now has the worst parting statements I’ve ever heard.  

She didn’t break up with me, I broke up with her.  There is nothing I could have done better.

😂

For anyone still wondering why this dude had umpteen interviews and never got hired, see the above.  Phew. 

Yeah, even if it’s accurate (possibly he was offered some BS assistant role on staff that he declined) it makes him look pathetic. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FootballZombie said:

I never wanna see 6 carries in a game or 55 consecutive pass plays ever again. Dude was a circus clown. He can go ruin some other young QB. I hope nobody has stock in UCLA's signal caller.

to hop on the tail of this...and I totally agree too, I still can't believe this team didn't manage not a single 100yd rusher in any game last season, that's like a teams leading Home Run hitter not reaching double digits.....I wouldn't have thought that was possible in the NFL....wow