Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

4 hours ago, HigSkin said:

Maybe a potential for Dline coach.  Is assistant DL coach in SF right now.

Cool story, he’s from my area of Hampton Roads, his dad worked at S&K for years as a suit tailor, fitted my Pops for years.  Nice to see the pride in his dad’s eyes, wore the Seahawk’s hat with the suit.  Be great watching him on the sidelines, kid from Norfolk!  Home of the Atlantic fleet! 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, profusion said:

New HC might want a clean sweep.

This is why I'm glad we got a HC who didn't come in and totally clean house. He looked at the staff to see who was good at their job and replaced those he felt could do better. When you have a top ranked ST, I don't know why you wouldn't keep the coach that helped make that happen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, SkinsGuy said:

The Izzo hire sounds great, but if he's that good, why did Seattle let him go?

Never fails.

Your smiling and rejoicing while reading the forum, good news everywhere, everything  going smoothly, so much so that it almost seems as if the Commanders world was a cloudless sun filled triumphant sky, full of promise and maybe, just maybe, that elusive kettle of Lombardi gold at the end of the rainbow was almost in sight...

Then a post like this comes out, and as you slowly read it, in the back of your mind you hear...

Then another forum member reads it and another and another and they hear..

Now all you can do after that is drink your rotgut whiskey, gaze deeply and silently at your distorted reflection in the glass and pray that this is not the beginning an old familiar show...

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 9

3 hours ago, Stoox said:

Anyone seriously think that Ben "Roids" Johnson or Mike "Doobie Brothers" Macdonald could have assembled such an impressive staff so quickly?

Seems like there are more levels to a head coaching hire than being a trendy young coordinator, or being the last guy to have coffee with Shanahan or McVay.

Let's hope you're right!

• Like 3

Super Bowl 2024: 49ers’ World-Class Personnel Development Machine Is Built to Last

Year after year, the organization built by coach Kyle Shanahan and GM John Lynch is pillaged by rivals aiming to replicate their success. And yet, it doesn’t skip a beat.

But there’s one overarching thing that can tie all of it together. The Niners have been elite at developing people. It’s not just players. It’s people, in general. Scouts. Coaches. Analytics folks. And as a result, in a league full of owners lusting after the idea of manufacturing a setup to make their franchises the Apple of pro football, the Niners have organically become just that—a forward-thinking, efficient, and self-sustaining operation.

They can lose Adofo-Mensah, Martin Mayhew, Ran Carthon and now Adam Peters on the personnel side to GM jobs, and Saleh, Mike McDaniel, DeMeco Ryans, Mike LaFleur and soon Klint Kubiak to coaching promotions, and not just survive, but maintain the standard that’s been set over the past decade. And it’s because of stories like Adofo-Mensah’s.

Lynch smiled, and kept going, “That staff was ridiculous. I've always been real conscious, my dad was a business executive, you’ve got to put a great team around you. I've always been cognizant, I've seen it. It's so important.”

That, of course, is what the Niners set out to do in 2017. Adofo-Mensah was retained from the Trent Baalke regime. Owner Jed York suggested that Lynch, as a first time football exec, find someone who’d been a GM before—Lynch agreed and brought in his old Buccaneer teammate, and ex-Lions GM, Mayhew. Peters was a sharp young mind in the Denver draft room that Lynch connected with when John Elway invited him to sit in with the Broncos.

...On the coaching side, things came together similarly, with a focus on, first and foremost, finding good people—and just as important, people who fit together.

“There's a big buzz word in sports and life and organizations—they're connected,” says Lynch. “We're a very connected group. I do believe things start at the top. We're connected with our ownership. Kyle and I are connected. Kyle's tough. He's demanding. I have my own issues. The other thing I hope they all say is we balance each other out. He can be very hard. I tend to be uplifting. I think that balances an organization out. We're very connected.”

And that connectivity was prioritized on the ground floor in the construction of Shanahan’s staff, with McDaniel, Saleh and LaFleur among those who’d previously worked with him, and each of them enduring a vetting process that ensured the puzzle pieces would come together the way they’d envisioned.

...And so one place he started to pave that road came simply through listening to the people around him, and realizing how his scouts on the road could somehow feel like independent contractors, separated by more than just space from what the team was doing. That would be addressed, and in an intentional way.

“I had to learn, every couple weeks, to write something to them,” Lynch says. “Say you appreciate [their work]. Here's what's going on on our team. This guy's struggling. This guy's doing great. These are the guys they pour their heart and soul into, going out and identifying them. To feel them connected—I was never a road scout, I had to learn the hard way. You try to do things like that.”

Then, when those guys came off the road, as was the case with the coaches and players and Shanahan, they all got to see the way things were done, and feel the difference they could make. That was with Lynch, and it was also with Shanahan who, in the spring, would make himself accessible to the personnel people, so they could share his vision for the team.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2024/02/09/san-francisco-49ers-personnel-development-machine-kyle-shanahan-john-lynch

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, RVAskins said:

This is why I'm glad we got a HC who didn't come in and totally clean house. He looked at the staff to see who was good at their job and replaced those he felt could do better. When you have a top ranked ST, I don't know why you wouldn't keep the coach that helped make that happen.

No nepotism, Peters and DQ are hiring coaches because they're talented and will really help improve the team instead of the usual cronyism. I also see this as the first evidence backing up his claim about avoiding "another rinse and repeat”. He did learn from this terrible SB loss and will use it to reconstruct this team.

quote-what-doesn-t-kill-you-only-makes-y

200.webp

• Thumb up 2

14 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

So should Larry's nickname be Hova? H to the Izzo! 😅

I had to read 7 pages to make sure no one beat me to it. Sigh. 

H to the izz-O, V to the izz-A
For shizzle, my nizzle, hated Snyder's dribble down in VA
Quinn's recruitung studs in the home of the Terrapins
Got it dirt cheap for them
Plus saw they rolled with cheese, man knew i had to work with them
Brought in need, got rid of that Rivera Cheese for them
Seeking born hustlers, and return TDs for them. 

- Jay G

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1

14 hours ago, HvyHTTR said:

Doug Williams out here with the "leaks" again. Even though its obvious that we are taking a QB at #2, the fact that he's talking about it on national television feels like he's messing up whatever leverage we have with our pick. Seems like there is always someone in that building that is trying to shoot us in the foot...

Not exactly a national secret the team is going QB at #2 and possibly even going to #1. He gave nothing away. In fact he did not say they were taking a QB. He said they were in a good spot because there are three QBs there. People are jumping to the conclusion that means the team is gonig QB at #2. That could also mean they are fielding offers from other teams desperate for a QB. Not to mention tis the season of lying. 

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 2