Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I used to watdh Skip religiously.  Agree, he is all about hot takes.  But he watches a lot of football.  He can ad lib when asked about a lot of games including this team's games.  It's Stephen Smith back in the day who would hardly watch a thing and it would show.

The Dallas stuff I think is pure show.  When we had RG3, he was almost a quasi Redskins fans.  He for years was agnostic as to fav teams and even said he was once a Dallas fan but no more.  And then Stephen Smith seem to build on his Dallas hate and tried to turn it to comedy.  And Skip seemed to do the opposite, billing himseld a big Cowboys fan it seemed for ratings.  Where they seemed to be doing comedy.  And then it just stuck.  I think in reality he's more of an NFL fan than a Cowboys fan.

Interesting to read how Peters used Kyle and others from SF as a resource for the coaching search and that they gave him a lot of time and help.  I guess Kyle is over his hatred for this organization now that both Bruce and Dan are gone.

Seeing Snyder's downfall and it's resulting in Dan selling the team has to be super satisfying for him and would probably be the chef's kiss if this ownership group swoops in and has success. I'm right there with him.  

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Thank God Bieniemy is gone.

One benefit to hiring Quinn is he got to prepare for two games against EB and Howell. That gives him a pretty good preliminary evaluation coming in. EB’s offense, as we suspected, was found lacking. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, petey hodge said:

image.thumb.jpeg.0aca880478df3f86e86d178ed0ac0178.jpeg
is there a reason this clown wasn’t fired with the rest?!?

My assumption is that the only reason this walking embarrassment of a failed learn-on-the-job executive hasn't been jettisoned is that Harris didn't want to clean house on the business and football sides at the same time...and smarty chose to focus on football first.

2 things I like.

After getting fired by Atlanta, he hires someone to do a deep dive on himself and his Atlanta tenure. Plus, asking former players what he did right or wrong.

How many coaches really do that. Obviously if a fired coach gets another shot, they might do something different than first time.

How many though go back and reflect and see what went wrong and learn from it.  Fired coaches that do get second chances usually have to wait a little while. Not always though.  Marty S. Went from Browns to Chiefs and from us to Chargers. Andy Reid went from Eagles to Chiefs.

Ron went immediately to us but didn’t learn a thing. The fact he got the power here, encouraged him not to change. Saying I’m right and just had bad luck in Carolina. I’ll show you I’m right, with the power to buy the groceries.

Looks like Dan learned from his failure in Atlanta and will do things differently this time.

Secondly, Dan really want to come here as he was telling people when we faced them earlier in the season.  We didn’t know where we were drafting then but Dan saw this as an opportunity.  While our situation scared off some 1st time coaches; Dan looked at us as a perfect opportunity.  He can mold the team into his vision with the draft and free agency.

I don’t know how successful he will be but I think we will be a better team whenever Dan’s run here ends than the one he took over.

• Like 7
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, formerly4skins said:

My assumption is that the only reason this walking embarrassment of a failed learn-on-the-job executive hasn't been jettisoned is that Harris didn't want to clean house on the business and football sides at the same time...and smarty chose to focus on football first.

My assumption is that Wright is involved in the new stadium search. There really is no reason to fire him now. Let him work on the business side.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

My assumption is that Wright is involved in the new stadium search. There really is no reason to fire him now. Let him work on the business side.

I've never understood the thought that Wright is somehow an important part of the stadium search...does he have any experience or connections at all from his days as a consultant that suggests such? Because he certainly doesn't have the requisite experience as an NFL exec.

To my memory...he worked on the stadium search with Snyder for 2+ years and all that was accomplished was a euro-tour of soccer stadiums that doubled as an excuse for Dan to dodge congressional subpoenas on his yacht and putting some kind of deposit down on maybe the worst possible site for a new stadium in Dumfries.

Dude is the epitome of an empty suit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I appreciate Kyle correctly indicating the last 20 years, not just these last few years which has been the timeframe constantly referenced due to the Snyder investigations --- as if this organization wasn't toxic before that.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

So with Ron Rivera now gone and probably not rehired as a coordinator Doofus Dan's streak is finally going to be finalized. This team has been so bad that no head coach hired by Snyder since Marty Schottenheimer has ever been hired as a HC or even a OC or DC position.

That is quite the achievement!

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

So with Ron Rivera now gone and probably not rehired as a coordinator Doofus Dan's streak is finally going to be finalized. This team has been so bad that no head coach hired by Snyder since Marty Schottenheimer has ever been hired as a HC or even a OC or DC position.

Im pretty sure Joe Barry is currently a DC somewhere.

I have slept on this a bit now.

I'm warming to Quinn - not excited still but I think its at least a solid hire and someone who can and will put a solid staff together. We had the worst coaching staff in the league last season the only way is up!! 

I think we are going to have a good defensive staff, massive improvement on last season in that regards when we were just a mess. There is some talent on that D still - getting a staff together who can get players understanding roles and bought into a system in which what the front end and back end are doing complement alone will bring a big improvement. Add a pass rushing DE, legit talent at LB and FS and we should be at worst a mid pack D.

I do have more concerns about the offensive staff. I am not a huge fan of the Kingsbury hire but I guess we could have done a lot worse and Kingsbury does have inside knowledge on both Williams and Maye which should help the draft prep and decision making. Both Williams and Maye have played in systems similar to his as well. Hitting on the QB is obviously key but so is fixing the O'line (needs at least two new quality starters, possibly 3), adding an outside receiver with size, adding a quality 3rd down type back and getting a TE who can stretch a seam and be a threat with the ball in hand. 

All in all we are in better shape now than we were in terms of coaching. There is a LOT of work for Peters to do now in starting to reconstruct this roster.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, MartinC said:

I have slept on this a bit now.

I'm warming to Quinn - not excited still but I think its at least a solid hire and someone who can and will put a solid staff together. We had the worst coaching staff in the league last season the only way is up!! 

I think we are going to have a good defensive staff, massive improvement in last season in that regards when we were just a mess. There is some talent on that D still - getting a staff together who can get players understanding roles and bought into a system in which what the front end and back end are doing complement alone will bring a big improvement. Add a pass rushing DE, legit talent at LB and FS and we should be at worst a mid pack D.

I do have more concerns about the offensive staff. I am not a huge fan of the Kingsbury hire but I guess we could have done a lot worse and Kingsbury does have inside knowledge on both Williams and Maye which should help the draft prep and decision making. Both Williams and Maye have played in systems similar to his as well. Hitting on the QB is obviously key but so is fixing the O'line (needs at least two new quality starters, possibly 3), adding an outside receiver with size, adding a quality 3rd down type back and getting a TE who can stretch a seam and be a threat with the ball in hand. 

All in all we are in better shape now than we were in terms of coaching. There is a LOT of work for Peters to do now in starting to reconstruct this roster.

Agreed, MartinC. We all wait for the announcement of QB coach, OL coach and the rest of the O staff.  Whitt has the D staff covered. no problems.  I hope that Quinn and Peters, most especially if Peters has a big say in O staff.  KK was a Quinn hire as we have heard from his mouth, I did in his press conference and in other videos.  He had him written down as an OC to work with.  He hit on Kyle Shanahan.  Shanahan was already known around the league though and schooled by his Dad.  If we can bring in assistants on both sides to prepare our teams for the future if/once we have success and set up a good base to fill holes once coaches are poached from our team, we are good.  That's a BIG IF.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

I appreciate Kyle correctly indicating the last 20 years, not just these last few years which has been the timeframe constantly referenced due to the Snyder investigations --- as if this organization wasn't toxic before that.

He lived it. He definitely knows. 

Which is why he has to go down this Sunday. He owes us blood. We always collect. 

• Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

Im pretty sure Joe Barry is currently a DC somewhere.

Joe Barry was never our head coach. 

10 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

The only two were Marty (San Diego), and Jay Gruden who was hired as the OC in Jacksonville.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tress Is The Way said:

Joe Barry was never our head coach. 

The only two were Marty (San Diego), and Jay Gruden who was hired as the OC in Jacksonville.

Oops. I read the original post incorrectly to read to HC/OC/DC has ever been rehired by another organization in the same capacity.

• Thumb up 1

16 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Jay Gruden was an OC for the Jaguars for a year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1