Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Been to some of those rooms including their conference room.  That facility is small and so "meh"  Gym is super small.

The one redeeming part of that facility is their chefs are really good.  And super nice people, too.

I wonder if when Adam Peters showed up he asked, where the rest of the facility?

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, NOLA2DC said:

When was the last time a consensus #1 slid? Every year, there's noise, but usually, the guy everyone has been talking going first about goes #1, whether you're talking about Young, Lawrence, or Luck. I'm happy for us taking Daniels or Maye at #2 and not giving up any assets. 

So am I, especially if the staff feels very strongly about the guy they'll get at #2 overall. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 3

36 minutes ago, mh86 said:

Didn’t read but if I had to guess it’s because 1. McCarthy is on the hot seat and if he goes next year Whitt goes. If he’s here he has at least 2 years unless he’s just real bad. 2. Our D was bottom tier which means he has a (easy) chance to turn it around and look good for future HC jobs. It’s all about future jobs and he has the best chance here 

3. There is a new DC coming in who will likely want to bring in his own people. Whitt was with Quinn in Atlanta and brought in by him to Dallas, no guarantee he would have a job under whoever gets the DC gig in Dallas in any capacity - plus this is a promotion. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, MartinC said:

3. There is a new DC coming in who will likely want to bring in his own people. Whitt was with Quinn in Atlanta and brought in by him to Dallas, no guarantee he would have a job under whoever gets the DC gig in Dallas in any capacity - plus this is a promotion. 

Great point! I  was assuming if he were offered both, but there’s no guarantee he even had the job.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Good analysis, MartinC.  Also, if we hire Mike Adams as our new DB coach, I'm guessing that Al Harris, if released is brought in taking Joe Whitt's old title of SECONDARY / DEFENSIVE PASSING GAME COORDINATOR.  Just a hunch and guess.  We did put in a request to interview Jason Simmons whom Whitt worked within Green Bay.  

Edited by RWJ
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

False.  Packers finally kicked him to the curb and he's now signed with the Dolphins as LB Coach.

After next year he may be a Quality Control coach somewhere if he's lucky.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RVAskins said:

After next year he may be a Quality Control coach somewhere if he's lucky.

I understand he's actually had success as an LB coach, so maybe that's just where he belongs.  I wish no ill will on the guy, I just don't want him as D.C. in GB anymore.

47 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

I understand he's actually had success as an LB coach, so maybe that's just where he belongs.  I wish no ill will on the guy, I just don't want him as D.C. in GB anymore.

Joe Barry definitely has a ton of experience, I wasn't the biggest fan of him during his time here, but actually this is a solid hire for Miami 

12 hours ago, mh86 said:

Didn’t read but if I had to guess it’s because 1. McCarthy is on the hot seat and if he goes next year Whitt goes. If he’s here he has at least 2 years unless he’s just real bad. 2. Our D was bottom tier which means he has a (easy) chance to turn it around and look good for future HC jobs. It’s all about future jobs and he has the best chance here 

I think Whitt's relationship with Quinn is still probably reason #1. But yeah, it doesn't help that McCarthy is probably a lame duck coach and you're getting a one year gig. And while Dallas does have much better D talent than Washington, following Quinn isn't easy either. It's basically a choice between possibly multiple years running with Quinn with nowhere to go but up in Washington or one year with McCarthy and nowhere to go but down.

Edited by Jericho
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, dunfer said:

same gym in the rg3 comeback video where hes breaking world records for lifting? looked like a Y weight room

I would be shocked if we dont hear by the time training camp roles around there are no concrete plans for upgrading the facility or plans for a whole new facility. At the very least Im expecting major equipment upgrades without spending the money on the actual structures due to future new facility construction. No way Harris etc realistically feel they can bring in quality folks without at least presenting plans for major upgrades. That report about the facilities last year was embarrassing, cant see this group standing pat.

Edited by Chris 44
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Chris 44 said:

I would be shocked if we dont hear by the time training camp roles around there are no concrete plans for upgrading the facility or plans for a whole new facility. At the very least Im expecting major equipment upgrades without spending the money on the actual structures due to future new facility construction. No way Harris etc realistically feel they can bring in quality folks without at least presenting plans for major upgrades. That report about the facilities last year was embarrassing, cant see this group standing pat.

I know from Keim's podcasts the idea is a brand new facility and that happens before the stadium

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, bearrock said:

Wait, for real?

He had to have an AOL account back in the day.   But corrupt mini me mafia crooks don't use email - and they lie. So don't believe him saying he doesnt KNOW how to use email.

I still can't believe we got rid of that weasel.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Thumb up 1

15 hours ago, Redwards said:

The one thing that I keep reading about Kingsbury that truly makes me nervous is that in all his years of being an OC, all years in college and all years in the NFL (where he was HC/OC) is that in every single year, the back half of the season his offense was stonewalled by opposing defenses.  They fell off a cliff because, it's been posited, that opposing defenses figured out how to stop him every year as the season went on and Kliff had no answer for this.

One or two years is one thing.  But when it happens every single year college and pro, it makes me worry.  

I'd love for someone to ask him about this when he has his first question/answer period with the press.  'Cause it's a pretty big matzo ball hangin' out there.  🤔

I think this is an absolutely legit concern with Kingsbury. It will be a wait and see if he pulls a DQ and does some self reflection and absorbs some nuances from the Shanny, McVay, Reid offenses into his own.

I was hoping for a Shanny disciple for another reason and that is that Adam Peters has already scouted and built offenses that fit that scheme. Obviously, if he is as good as advertised he should be able to evaluate ALL types of schemes but with his prior knowledge he could've had an edge there. For example, Chargers added Hortiz from Ravens who's scouted for players that fit Greg Roman's scheme. Well, guess who Chargers brought in? Not to mention Hortiz understands Harbaugh lead teams, as well. The alignment (which is the word of the offseason here) seems to be awesome already for LA 

• Like 5

12 hours ago, bearrock said:

Wait, for real?

Yep he admitted as such when the Gruden emails were being leaked. Dude is technologically illiterate.

Just now, Bantu said:

I think this is an absolutely legit concern with Kingsbury. It will be a wait and see if he pulls a DQ and does some self reflection and absorbs some nuances from the Shanny, McVay, Reid offenses into his own.

I was hoping for a Shanny disciple for another reason and that is that Adam Peters has already scouted and built offenses that fit that scheme. Obviously, if he is as good as advertised he should be able to evaluate ALL types of schemes but with his prior knowledge he could've had an edge there. For example, Chargers added Hortiz from Ravens who's scouted for players that fit Greg Roman's scheme. Well, guess who Chargers brought in? Not to mention Hortiz understands Harbaugh lead teams, as well. The alignment (which is the word of the offseason here) seems to be awesome already for LA 

I have no doubts in GMAP’s ability to find players. But the concerns about KKs offenses falling off are definitely legit. Lets hope hes learned.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Because its his most recent NFL job, but yeah its pointless.

Even his offensive stats rankings arent the best indicator because when youre the HC you have other responsibilities. 

• Like 2

It’s going to be interesting to watch the Peters-Quinn working relationship develop. 

Peters is coming across fairly reserved to me. Clearly fantastic at what he does. Looks like he’s living his best life right now :ols: but he’s showing his inexperience in front of the media IMO, fairly quiet, nervous even. Not that I’m being critical, just an observations.

Whereas Quinn is 100% full on in your face. Been around the block, very forward, very direct. 

It’s an interesting dynamic to watch.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

If anything, it may show that he won't be approached for a HC gig any time soon, even if the Offense does really well under him. Best hope is people ignore him and the Offense does well.

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Correct.  His strongest value is developing QBs and then being an OC.  Those seem to be his best attributes to the game of football. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

It’s going to be interesting to watch the Peters-Quinn working relationship develop. 

Peters is coming across fairly reserved to me. Clearly fantastic at what he does. Looks like he’s living his best life right now :ols: but he’s showing his inexperience in front of the media IMO, fairly quiet, nervous even. Not that I’m being critical, just an observations.

Whereas Quinn is 100% full on in your face. Been around the block, very forward, very direct. 

I couldn't agree more, he doesn't display a ton of confidence in himself.

Quite possibly why it's taken him this long to land the big gig.

Quinn on the other hand is uber confident, the more I hear him talk the more I like this choice.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I believe Quinn will be a strength for him and help with Peter's somewhat likish introvert to an extrovert.  Do you?  :)  One is good for the other and vise versa.  Really good pairing between these two.  I like it!  

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I hope the FO staff, all of them, stay quiet and focused on their jobs. Let Quinn, his staff, and any player become the "face of the franchise" where the focus should be, the football game. Also, Peters is in his first big job, I'll bet he's nervous. And that's okay too. He'll grow into it.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1