Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Have some of you even bothered to read the very detailed articles on how the interview process went, and how Quinn wasn't an afterthought?

Or are you convinced, in your mind, with NO inside information into the situation at all, and with facts to the contrary at your fingertips, that the organization "settled on a retread"?

Good grief.  What a weird hill to die on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 11

21 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Wasn't Dallas coach McCarthy also accused of having a foot fetish? Wouldn't that be weird if an NFL team had a head coach and DC with same foot fetish? Would they be game planning or sharing foot pics all day long?

What a gang of sleazeballs :)

Edited by FrFan
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, SkinsFanPA said:

Have some of you even bothered to read the very detailed articles on how the interview process went, and how Quinn wasn't an afterthought?

Or are you convinced, in your mind, with NO inside information into the situation at all, and with facts to the contrary at your fingertips, that the organization "settled on a retread"?

Sheehan was talking about that this morning, I'll admit I had never imagined what a coaching interview would look like.

7 minutes ago, SkinsFanPA said:

it is nauseating weeding through those posts. 

But it’s how a certain % of the population behaves. 

Im enjoying that after 25 years of gross ineptitude, a solid % of people ended their honeymoon with the new regime after the first coaching hire announcement 😂 

I wish I had the energy to go back and see how many of them were the “Kyle shanahan is a nepotism hire” people 😂 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

41 minutes ago, Veretax said:

I don't know if this is true, It felt like Sam was missing or had so little time this year that after choiecs 1 and 2 it was not clear if he was seeing his other reeds on many plays.  And yet he still needed a 17th game to help Terry to 1000 yards. 🤦‍♂️

We’ve seen Dyami for a few years now. He’s not explosive and he’s not a YAC guy.  Our offense this year wasn’t doing anyone any favors, but that doesn’t change that you don’t want Dyami being your bubble screen weapon lol 

A YAC possession WR who can block that I’d like in FA is Juaun Jennings. One of Peters’ guys, he’s the perfect 4th WR who can take on a bigger role if anyone gets hurt, fights for yardage, most of his catches came in clutch 3rd down situations to gain a 1st down. 

I’d still like a stud outside WR prospect to push Dotson to the slot and complement McLaurin as well. 

I basically don’t want to see Dyami getting schemed touches, or preferably even being on the roster, if we can help it.

Edited by Conn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

no but McD is a much more dynamic and ceiling raising hire than Quinn. If you hit on McD, you have a defensive version of Sean McVay. If you hit on Quinn…you have a potential playoff team with a pretty good defense I guess? 

and chip Kelly has created innovative offenses before. I trust him way more than I do KK. People were complaining about KK having Hopkins run 3 routes every game a couple years ago and fighting with Murray all the time. I don’t see offensive genius anywhere. 

im more pessimistic than most on this team but these hires kinda sucked all the wind out of the sails I had with the new regime 

We have no clue what McD is as a HC. He has never done it. We know Quinn has taken a team to the Super Bowl once already. So I disagree there. 

As far as Kingsbury over Kelly goes. Both have innovative offenses. We dont know how much he had to simplify route trees for Murray or what the reason is he used simpler route trees in Arizona. And he has proven his value with young QB's. The bonus for me is IF Kingsbury helps us get Caleb Williams he is worth it for that alone. 

• Thumb up 3

7 minutes ago, Conn said:

I basically don’t want to see Dyami getting schemed touches, or preferably even being on the roster, if we can help it.

Agreed. Dyami is complete garbage. Any play where he's schemed to get the ball is a dead play.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Conn said:

Doctson

Return of the repressed lol

And agreed on Dyami. As long as he remains on the roster I'm just going to be reminded of the fact that WR is a (potentially) major issue. His presence on the team is yet another reminder of the horrid drafting the last few years. 

Edit: the caveat with WR is last year's scheme, which really seems to have stunted Dotson's growth. Another thing we'll find out in the regular season. 

Edited by sinews
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Conn said:

We’ve seen Dyami for a few years now. He’s not explosive and he’s not a YAC guy.  Our offense this year wasn’t doing anyone any favors, but that doesn’t change that you don’t want Dyami being your bubble screen weapon lol 

A YAC possession WR who can block that I’d like in FA is Juaun Jennings. One of Peters’ guys, he’s the perfect 4th WR who can take on a bigger role if anyone gets hurt, fights for yardage, most of his catches came in clutch 3rd down situations to gain a 1st down. 

I’d still like a stud outside WR prospect to push Doctson to the slot and complement McLaurin as well. 

Thanks for that.   I think you are probably right.  I liked Samuel in Carolina, but I'm not sure he did enough to earn another contract here, and there are other people to go There are so many Talented WRs in this draft too, I think we sign a FA and draft at least one.  Heck I'd not be surprised if we draft someone for the return game.

• Like 2

For those interested you can take a quick poll on your initial impressions of our new coaching triumvirate.

They ask respondents to give a letter grade (A thru F) for each hire, Quinn, Whitt and Kingsburry.

Poll below

https://www.hogshaven.com/platform/amp/2024/2/6/24063475/washington-reacts-survey-the-commanders-coaching-hires

I gave Quinn a B.

Whitt an A.

Kingsbury an A.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Conn said:

Dyami is a nightmare fit for that role imo. Bad. He’s a non-speedy straight line “deep threat” (not really). It’s why he’s never developed, he doesn’t win anywhere. He’s not agile or explosive enough in the short game and he’s not fast or technical enough (and doesn’t have good enough hands) for the deep game. Dyami is not a guy I want to rely on for YAC

Dyami is going to have to do a hell of a lot to even be on the roster next season.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

For those interested you can take a quick poll on your initial impressions of our new coaching triumvirate.

They ask respondents to give a letter grade (A thru F) for each hire, Quinn, Whitt and Kingsburry.

Poll below

https://www.hogshaven.com/platform/amp/2024/2/6/24063475/washington-reacts-survey-the-commanders-coaching-hires

I gave Quinn a B.

Whitt an A.

Kingsbury an A.

I couldn't get it to submit...

but I had Quinn as an A (i'd say A- if that was an option)

I had Kingsbury as a B, because I wasn't impressed with his AZ team.

I have whitt as a C in part because I don't know if he's run a defense before on his own, and how much of That defense in Dallas was about players vs coaching.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Veretax said:

I couldn't get it to submit...

but I had Quinn as an A (i'd say A- if that was an option)

I had Kingsbury as a B, because I wasn't impressed with his AZ team.

I have whitt as a C in part because I don't know if he's run a defense before on his own, and how much of That defense in Dallas was about players vs coaching.

I didn't notice it until I went back to the site after reading your post, but it looks like mine failed to submit too. lol

P.S. If they had (+,-) it C would have made the poll better.

I would have gone:

Quinn- B+

Whitt A-

Kingsbury A+++

(My vote for Kingsbury is based on a secret hunch I have about somethingthat I don't want to jinx by talking about it.)

With the poll being sideways right now anyone interested can post there grades to this thread just for future reference/discussion.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye

38 minutes ago, SkinsFanPA said:

Jones Don'T Care GIF - Tommy Lee Jones I Dont Care Care - Discover & Share  GIFs

There are also articles saying they offered MacDonald while he was about to, or was headed to Seattle. If the last several years don't teach you anything about how narratives are molded, distributed, reshaped to respond to changing conditions, etc. I don't know.  You are aware of the articles about how Ben Johnson backed off and that the Commanders were on their way to interview with him (as in they were interested)?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ghost of said:

Jones Don'T Care GIF - Tommy Lee Jones I Dont Care Care - Discover & Share  GIFs

There are also articles saying they offered MacDonald while he was about to, or was headed to Seattle. If the last several years don't teach you anything about how narratives are molded, distributed, reshaped to respond to changing conditions, etc. I don't know.  You are aware of the articles about how Ben Johnson backed off and that the Commanders were on their way to interview with him (as in they were interested)?

Can we not rehash all this again? There’s 75 pages of people trying to educate each other on this in the past week. Articles, veracity of sources, reliability of the reporters in question. It’s all here to scroll back through for anyone who cares to (or doesn’t) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, redskinss said:

I think people are reading too much into .......,,...............

Whenever you get a sense like this, just pause and remember where you are:

In a group of pro football fans.

In a group of pro football fans on an internet forum.

In a group of pro football fans on an internet forum for fans of this franchise.

In a group of pro football fans on an internet forum for fans of this franchise that has put the word "extreme" in its name with deliberation.

Then accept and even embrace the hell you've chosen.

floaters.jpg.95c13d128671041faee4f109a252db55.jpg

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 20
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

Pretty sure he was canned.

Bieniemy was still under contract before the AFC Championship game (when this occurred). It's definitely a weird tweet to claim he was coaching another team while still under contract here. But I doubt anyone cares

• Thumb up 1