Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

16 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Well, I'm not enthused at all and I am pretty frustrated with this hire. I'm not a fan of his defenses falling apart or how they support high end offenses.

Here's to hoping I'm wrong to feel this way.

:cheers: 

Same. It's so meh. Not sure what Quinn brought that Weaver or Glenn could not bring. See you all again in three years when he's fired 😛

Have to add:

giphy.gif

Edited by Jericho
  • Like 2
  • Thumb down 1

When did Logan Paulson and Coach Purple Nurple become beloved football minds... ? I missed that memo.

This is a placeholder until the real rebuild starts and this job becomes more attractive.

Edited by ntotoro
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

Quinn was not my first choice but this idea that's just more of the same as under dan is silly and an overreaction. Quinn is a qualified candidate. He went to a SB and if Kyle had not insisted on throwing with that huge lead the Patriots never come back. Well and Ryan has to make a better decisions. 

Admittedly feels like a slight step above Ron R. But he would not be the first to learn from his first run. Going into this with an open mind. And he gets to start with a #2 pick and lots of CAP space. 

• Like 9
  • Thumb up 1

36 minutes ago, FuriousD said:

Found it for those interested in this “rumor”… 

I don’t Twitter so can’t vouch for authenticity but my spider sense suggests click bait 

Yeah, the credibility of this account is zero.  Just a click generator.

2 minutes ago, BayouBrave86 said:

I don’t care if the players love their coach. That means nothing. :lol: Logan is reaching. 

They gotta respect him and play for him, that's it. But they did do that in Dallas. At least until that last game.

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

People are focused on the wrong metrics.  DVOA is a wholistic metric that takes everything you can think of into account.  Quinn ranked 1st, 1st, 4th, 4th and 5th in his 5 years as a DC in Seattle and Dallas.  That's incredible.

His defenses didn't do so hot in his stint as Atlanta HC though, which I'm sure was an interview question for him.  I do know his defense was inundated with injuries his last couple of years there.

• Like 7
  • Thumb down 1

Just now, BayouBrave86 said:

I don’t care if the players love their coach. That means nothing. :lol: Logan is reaching. 

Well it might not be a metric that means much but Id much rather his players love their coach than hate him which we've had plenty of around here. 

Guys, virtually no candidate moving into an hc role, anytime or anywhere, is a sure bet to either fail or succeed. I'm neutral on Quinn but then I wouldn't have been ecstatic over Johnson either. Too many unknowns until they're actually on the job for awhile and even the nature of one previous hc experience doesn't automatically repeat at the next one.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, UK_HOG said:

This will be decent appointment if he gets the OC appointment right.

Honestly the OC hiring might be more important. We need to pair Maye/Daniels with a top notch coach and at least get him off to a good start.

• Like 3

As far as the Ron comps.  They both coached defensive and had previous HC stints and made it to the SB.

But listening to Logan Paulsen who of course knows Ron and Quinn.  He played under Quinn.  Quinn is a miles sharper defensive coordinator.

And we've gone from the dude who watches games with his arms folded who rarely shows emotion to one of the most emotional coaches in the league.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 3

News comes out after hours after parsons publicly blasts Dan Quinn for a bad scheme and misplaying him and others in their playoff loss. This ****ing blows.

Would have much rather tried with biennemy but actually given him some sort of talent to work with.

• Thumb down 1

2 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

Well.

Look, I'm not happy about this, either, but we have a dump of a stadium and terrible training facilities. If Quinn wants to do the grunt work while we get everything else around him sorted out, then fine. By the time Quinn leaves, we'll have fielded a better team (Peters), a more seasoned franchised QB, a new stadium deal -- all positive things to attract the Ben Johnsons and Mike MacDonalds of the future.

Agreed. Quinn is the man to get the ship righted and groomed for the next young hotshot coordinator. Hopefully he can do the job Ron could not. If Quinn is here for the next 20 years, then that's a bonus and he would have won at least one or two SBs in that case.

Just now, ntotoro said:

When did Logan Paulson and Coach Purple Nurple become beloved football minds... ? I missed that memo.

Chris Russell and Craig Hoffman made friends with them and are now running their PR machine with the local media. 

• Haha 1