Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Kind of interesting, we find ourselves in a position where the most successful coach in NFL history is available and we don't know who our next coach is gonna be. We could stumble into a gold mine by default and come out smelling like roses.....and I hate BB. But, what if he's the best option? 

• Like 2

Just now, rockluc said:

Of course that douchenozzle would have some swarmy comment about how if you don’t love his preferred candidate that you just don’t know anything. God, he’s insufferable 

It’s like dealing with most of the posters on here.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, RWJ said:

One of the ESers put a chart up and Dallas's D ranked 4th or 5th overall the last 3 years. That's not bad.  Yes, we need to nail our staff and as mentioned earlier, Klint Kubiak would be a great choice for OC.  I think it might have been @ThatNFLChick.  I could be wrong though.  Putting together a good staff and having a real time GM here can take us places. Again, like a lot of people I'd want MacDonald first but if Quinn is hired, we get behind him.  

The Amazing OC is the reason he has no ring from the Atlanta SB.  Not that I want Quinn, I do not, It would be like starting all over with a Cowboy coach just like last time with Norv after Gibbs. Give me one of the unknowns start a new.

18 minutes ago, RWJ said:

KDawg, I'm trying to lighten the mood.  A lot of us are ticked at what went down and what's going on.  You included!  It is what it is.  We wait and see what happens.  Cool?  :) 

I’m not ticked at all. 

• Like 2

Just now, Warhead36 said:

...we're gonna end up with Dan Quinn

The curse of Snyder plauges us forever I guess

This will be a very hard lesson for new ownership if they go this route. 

Good luck rebuilding the fanbase and selling tickets. 

Especially when we are sub-.500 four seasons into the Quinn regime.

• Like 1

Just now, bird_1972 said:

This will be a very hard lesson for new ownership if they go this route. 

Good luck rebuilding the fanbase and selling tickets. 

Especially when we are sub-.500 four seasons into the Quinn regime.

And this is my fear. Rivera had a lot of Rah, Rah also when we first came here but that wears off pretty fast and if theres not any substance, you lose the Locker Room. 

• Like 1

Aaron Glenn apparently still on Commanders candidate list. Sounds like Detroit would love him to leave but not so good for us apparently. They call him "Ron Rivera II".

Commanders Must Change Head Coach Plans After Ben Johnson Update (msn.com)

Ben Johnson’s Out, But Commanders ‘Eager to Meet’ Aaron Glenn

Like Johnson, Glenn was scheduled for an in-person interview with the Commanders. Fortunately, “the Commanders leadership team remains eager to meet with the respected Glenn,” according to Schefter.

As ESPN’s John Keim noted, Glenn is considered a “strong leader,” despite the concerning performances of his defenses: “In three seasons combined under Glenn, the Lions rank 31st in both yards and points. But they did improve in both categories this season compared to 2022: going from 28th in points to 23rd and from last in yards to 19th.”

Glenn raised his stock during a playoff run that took the Lions to one game short of the Super Bowl. Like he’s done throughout his tenure, Glenn got creative to mask a lack of elite talent on the field.

His sophisticated blitz pressures helped the Lions get past the Los Angeles Rams and Tampa Bay Buccaneers. One of those elaborate and bold blitz designs against the Rams was described by Benjamin Solak of The Ringer.

Glenn also used five-man fronts to help the Lions allow 3.7 yards per carry this season, the third-fewest in the league. That number was a significant improvement from the 5.2 yards per rush the Lions gave up in 2022.

The broader statistics, points and yards, are still a worry, especially after the Lions were burned for 34 by the San Francisco 49ers in the NFC Championship Game. There was similar postseason pain for another defensive coordinator firmly on the Commanders’ radar.

Defensive-Minded Candidates Firmly in Play After Ben Johnson Decision

Mike Macdonald, who helped the Baltimore Ravens allow the fewest points in the NFL, was on the wrong end of the AFC Championship Game. To his credit, his unit hardly disgraced itself durning a 17-10 defeat to the Kansas City Chiefs, shutting out Patrick Mahomes and company in the second half.

Macdonald interviewed on Monday, but another defensive coordinator is still in play for the Commanders. Dan Quinn was set to meet with the Commanders on Tuesday, and the DC for the Dallas Cowboys has earned praise “for adjusting his scheme over the years,” per Keim.

Quinn’s greater asset might be his prior experience as a head coach. He took the Atlanta Falcons to the 2017 Super Bowl.

Whether Quinn gets the job or not, the Commanders are wise to consider coaches with strong backgrounds on defense. Improving a unit that ranked 32nd in points and yards allowed this season is the best way to rebuild this roster.

Any one of Glenn, Macdonald or Quinn can put the right structure around whichever passer the Commanders select second-overall in the 2024 NFL draft.<<

Just now, ThatNFLChick said:

Let me guess

"Dan Quinn is an underrated leader of men who led the Atlanta Falcons to a Super Bowl once. Many fans hate the idea, but his players rave about his leadership qualities and he might just end up being a surprise hit for Washington"

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, slinky said:

Hire Tom Brady for HC and he'd have position flex as a backup QB.

You kid....but we could do much worse. Brady would be a great leader if nothing else. I'm sure he's forgotten more football than Ben Johnson knows. 

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

You kid....but we could do much worse. Brady would be a great leader if nothing else. I'm sure he's forgotten more football than Ben Johnson knows. 

If anything just seeing Brady run from the tunnel to the opposite side of the field every game yelling “LETS GO” would be worth it to me all the while wearing coaches gear 

Edited by Command The 414
  • Like 1