Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Just now, Est.1974 said:

Yeah but what did Johnson tell us, I think I missed that too?

That he wasn't interested. And our brass was on the plane (that they were on anyways to interview Aaron Glenn so it was completely a nothing burger but that's not as cool as getting riled up)

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Spurned lovers. When you aren't chosen lash out in completely non sensical ways in order to prove how much you don't need them.

Exactly.  And every little thing they ever did becomes a major annoyance when, 24 hours ago, you were still in love.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Quoting you for the tweet and responding to the tweet:

Or, he was conflicted but knew that they were heading to Detroit to interview Aaron Glenn anyways, so knew it wasn't a major issue to let them know at that point.

I'm not on the plane but it doesn't bother me at all except for the fact the coach I wanted doesn't want us :( 

Feels weird to me.  Johnson taking interviews.  Campbell saying Johnson ready to be a HC.  Even Schefter now mentioning he wanted big money.  Yet, Keim, Schefter mentioning don't count that this team has him as the guy, other real contenders here.

My guess is he via back channels either got the idea he wasn't getting the job, or its 50-50, or no one was paying his price.

I suspect there was something he felt wasn't going his way.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 6

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

Exactly.  And every little thing they ever did becomes a major annoyance when, 24 hours ago, you were still in love.  

Yeah, well, one time she side eyed the cat. It never bothered me until she told me she didn't want me anymore and left. But now I can see that she was never the one for me. What kind of psycho sideyes a cat. The red flags were neon!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Soooooooooo.. Mike McDonald or bust?!?  Is that where we are at? 

He was my first choice, we must find out if he's the best available in terms of leadership.

49 minutes ago, Commander202 said:

Idk man , Ron wanted Howell to start and our OL stunk. We saw what happened when Brisett played I think it’s a little unfair to judge Eric B. It took Kyle and Mcvay another year to develop a good offense and it takes time .

I am all the way out on EB.  I don’t care who was at QB or OL, he himself stink stank stunk at gameplanning, playcalling and apparently he rubbed a lot of people the wrong way.

• Like 7

Looks like I should have stayed gone a little while longer lol

So I'm not going to **** on Johnson about staying in the motor city,  what's meant to be is meant to be......so, who's next? Looks like we're still going to interview Glenn? What's the skinny on him?  As a defensive coordinator he seems kinda meh, does anyone here know much about him??

Also, whoever we hire, they will win me over immediately by letting EB go on day 1

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Feels weird to me.  Johnson taking interviews.  Campbell saying Johnson ready to be a HC.  Even Schefter now mentioning he wanted big money.  Yet, Keim, Schefter mentioning don't count that this team has him as the guy, other real contenders here.

My guess is he back channelled either got the idea he wasn't getting the job, or its 50-50, or no one was paying his price.

I suspect there ws something he felt wasn't going his way.

Wonder what he is making now? Big gamble that he will get what he is asking for next year, when Im sure we offered him a lot more than what he currently makes. Not sure the $ angle is the real issue.

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Johnson didn't just spurn this team he spurned Seattle, too.  If it was just this team I'd be less suspicious.

Well Seattle didn't make him an offer after his interview yesterday. So I think something came up during that interview that possibly turned him off.

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

My guess is he via back channels either got the idea he wasn't getting the job, or its 50-50, or no one was paying his price.

My guess is he just decided he wanted to stay in Detroit for whatever reason that is irrelevant to me. *shrug*

6 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

This team is trash until the results on the field are better.  There's no other way to look at it.  

New owner?  Great, Dan is gone.  New GM?  Great, let's see what he can do.  

Until then, this team is trash.  Trash team in a trash stadium.  

In regards to being upset with the guy for ditching "us" during the plane ride...timing's never perfect.  Clearly, not many of you have been in the recruiting/hiring chair before.  The fact that OMG, THE COMMANDERS BRASS WAS IN THE AIR means nothing.  It means LESS than nothing.  Would you guys be whining about this if they were informed while they were on the tarmac instead?  Would that be better?

Nice, so it's validating you bigtime, except can you say those things about Seattle?  Would a Seahawk fan be allowed to ****?

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Don't think for a second that the Lions weren't doing everything to keep him, too.  

They don't want to be out looking for a new coordinator at this stage in the game when they're a few weeks late to the game.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1