Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

It would seem inevitable Johnson is going to get some negative PR off this, mostly about his people skill/leadership attributes as an HC. 

That was already alluded to before he sacked us off.

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

Slowik/Weaver looking the best combo right ?

MacDonald great, the OC position would be a concern though.

Mac can find one and has to have one in mind. 

Just now, Fan since a Fetus said:

I wonder if this is any kind of expression towards Howell and Maye. I really thought those two would be the reason he wants to be here

No. It's an expression that he wants to be in Detroit...

Sometimes someone may like where they are and not love the options or want a major raise to the point of it being ridiculous to leave what they believe to be a good situation. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

I don't know that's fair to say. Johnson turning-tail and running back to Detroit isn't on them. I've had no problem with their process. There's only so much they can control.

Sure, it's on them.  I mean, a bunch of people here seem to think the HC job for the Commies is, like, a really good opportunity, one that anyone should be lucky to have.

How the Commies weren't able to keep him on the hook until they arrived to meet with him face to face is their fault.  

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Team has to find an offensive minded head coach. I do not want to watch a defensive coordinator ruin a rookie QB because he wants to win games 17-14 and thinks risking turnovers is a bad idea. No no no. In this era of football I wouldn’t even consider a defensive guy for head coach unless you’ve got a legendary QB. 

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, KDawg said:

No. It's an expression that he wants to be in Detroit...

Sometimes someone may like where they are and not love the options or want a major raise to the point of it being ridiculous to leave what they believe to be a good situation. 

I imagine they pulled him into the office and offered him a nice fat raise to stay.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

It would seem inevitable Johnson is going to get some negative PR off this, mostly about his people skill/leadership attributes as an HC. 

That was already alluded to before he sacked us off.

Well, if nobody else wants to hire him next season there's always Carolina,  I'm sure they'll be in the HC market before the end of next year lol

• Haha 4

Just now, Destino said:

Team has to find an offensive minded head coach. I do not want to watch a defensive coordinator ruin a rookie QB because he wants to win games 17-14 and thinks risking turnovers is a bad idea. No no no. In this era of football I wouldn’t even consider a defensive guy for head coach unless you’ve got a legendary QB. 

Actually I disagree with this. An agressive defensive HC will still be agressive on offense. Its in their nature. Just needs an OC to call the right plays at the right time.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Not sure what tie Slowik would have with Weaver.

For me its McDonald by a mile.    If anything Weaver is more likely I'd presume the DC with McDonald here.

Hoping! :) 

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Sure, it's on them.  I mean, a bunch of people here seem to think the HC job for the Commies is, like, a really good opportunity, one that anyone should be lucky to have.

How the Commies weren't able to keep him on the hook until they arrived to meet with him face to face is their fault.  

So its Seattle's fault too?

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Chris 44 said:

I imagine they pulled him into the office and offered him a nice fat raise to stay.

So he was pulled in to pull out ? I'm lost :) Coitus interruptus

Edited by FrFan
  • Haha 1

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

They can't force him to interview. And there have been many direct quotes from sources around the league saying how attractive this position is. You're doing the opposite of the people (myself included) rage posting. This is Snyder-level Same-Old-Skins wound licking.

2 minutes ago, Destino said:

Are you gonna be singing that tune when we roll out Bienemy as head coach in 2024? 

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

Are you gonna be singing that tune when we roll out Bienemy as head coach in 2024? 

Gosh darn it people. Stop it. 

This shouldn't be just tossed willy nilly into the air like this. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

1 minute ago, Chris 44 said:

Yes.  This.

You guys don't know the power of a counter offer.  Well, maybe some of you do.

I'd bet that this is exactly what happened.  Make no mistake, the Lions didn't want to be out there searching for Johnson's replacement.  Do any of you think they'd want to be trying to fill a hole on their coaching staff?  No, they gave Johnson a raise.

• Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Destino said:

This is the type of logic that ends up with Anthony Lynn and Frank Reich over Sean McDermott and Demeco Ryans respectively.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

This is the type of logic that ends up with Anthony Lynn and Frank Reich over Sean McDermott and Demeco Ryans respectively.

Some of the best QBs in the league now and some of the best QBs ever played for defensive coaches for the vast majority of if not their entire career.

• Like 2