Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: I Can't Think of a Witty Giant Pun

KDawg

"Do your job"

Would it be okay if the players tried making their own adjustments based on what they are seeing on the field?

Maybe prepare themselves based on the coming weeks oppositions strengths and weaknesses

Maybe make their own decisions that certain personnel changes should be made

Maybe the players doing the coaches jobs would make things better

Worth a shot, I pick Allen to be the players spokesman, he did fine in the interview yesterday! 

The coaches certainly don't seem to be doing their jobs

Edited by DWinzit
  • Like 3

Imagine how bad this team could look in a few weeks if we suffer any injuries. The roster has been suspiciously healthy—both coordinators and Rivera have almost entirely been able to go with their Plan A at every position most weeks. If we suffer some bad luck and start filling up the IR, this tumble could get UGLY as the schedule gets harder. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Ron's just getting started, he's trying to build a young team with potential.  this is just year 4 of the 10 year rebuild, we need to stay cool and be patient.

The next coaching staff will be grateful. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

It sucks losing but this is what we want Imo. We do not want to go 10-7, sneak into the playoffs making the decision harder on Harris deciding whether or not to give Rivera and Co. more time. Howell has looked decent given the situation. He has looked better than EB, Ron and JDR in their positions.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, max21 said:

It’s actually pretty funny and sad how it’s just another year of some trash, how is that even possible year after year. Young was good yesterday, Terry was making some plays. Meh 

Young and Mclaurin would thrive on a good team with a good coach. We don’t have that. We already have Mclaurin a contract but we can get something for Young.

27 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It’s exactly this. Talking about developing a young football team for the future… what a joke. He’s trying to save jobs including his, but not the players. He’s been doing this since he got here. They never take credit for the failures of the team. They’ve been developing a young team for a long time now. If that were true then Sam Howell would’ve started last season earlier than the final game.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

I don't know where to put this, but I just listened to Ron's presser today on Bram's podcast. 

I vomited.  

Basically, 3 points:

1. Everything is about developing the young QB.  Don't look at anything else.  It's ALL about the young QB. 

2.  We changed scheme and there are growing pains.  (2 things left unsaid: we DIDN'T change scheme on the defense, and he chose the players on offense, so suck it.)

3. Ron's version of "We're Close."  No changes needed.  We just need to do what we're doing better.  "We had a lot of opportunities." 

Intel Teases Arc Graphics Card Dual-Fan Cooler Design | TechPowerUp

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

1. Everything is about developing the young QB.  Don't look at anything else.  It's ALL about the young QB. 

Hey Ron, if it's all about developing a young QB, why didn't you upgrade the OL to PROTECT your young QB? You're getting him killed out there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, RVAskins said:

Hey Ron, if it's all about developing a young QB, why didn't you upgrade the OL to PROTECT your young QB? You're getting him killed out there.

Ron: “ I think we have a great OL, I really do”

2 hours ago, skinny21 said:

To me, that play is almost all on Gates.  DT cuts across his face so Gates should be putting his left hand on him and focusing on the gap the DT left behind.  Instead he fully engages the DT and misses the blitzing LB as a result.  I don’t put blame on Howell, but he also arcs his drop toward where the Giants are showing 3 rushers against our two OL.  A straight drop (if Gates picks up the blitzer) and he’s got the quick throw to the back in the flat one on one vs a backer.  Probably gains positive yards and gets a lot more if he gets free of the backer.  Perhaps if Howell drops straight back he hits the hot route (and likely gets smoked in the process) even w/o Gates’ mistake, but again, I can’t put the blame on Howell when Gates let his guy go free.

The TE moves across the line to the numbers mismatch (one of the rushers winds up dropping though)… maybe if he stayed more square to the LOS he sees the blitzer and slows him down?  IMO though, he read it right initially at least.

Point being, although the whole play looks like a fiasco, it’s one player making one bad play that causes the breakdown.  No telling if Howell executes properly if the blitzer is picked up of course.  I would like to see him getting to his hot route quicker/more consistently in general.

He can’t really change his drop path because it’s a playaction fake.  If anything it should have been wider to account for the outside zone play action. He actually made it a lot more of a straight drop that it should have been to begin with… which is a good thing because if he rode the outside zone out he would have been picking his teeth off the turf.

5 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Folks turned on BRob quick. lol  Last year, his vision was his asset cuz folks hated Gibson's lack of vision.

CRod will be next.

We turn on everyone :ols:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CobraCommander said:

Young and Mclaurin would thrive on a good team with a good coach. We don’t have that. We already have Mclaurin a contract but we can get something for Young.

With real quality coaches I could see McLaurin pushing for All Pros and Young potentially contending for a DPOTY. 

Our coaches just don't maximize our talent at all.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Conn said:

Imagine how bad this team could look in a few weeks if we suffer any injuries. The roster has been suspiciously healthy—both coordinators and Rivera have almost entirely been able to go with their Plan A at every position most weeks. If we suffer some bad luck and start filling up the IR, this tumble could get UGLY as the schedule gets harder. 

When seasons go south and you lose the locker room, lots of injuries start to pop up.  Allen and Terry dealing with planters I'm sure could use some rest.

I hope Howell survives this Eagles game.

11 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

When seasons go south and you lose the locker room, lots of injuries start to pop up.  Allen and Terry dealing with planters I'm sure could use some rest.

I hope Howell survives this Eagles game.

True. Players start making business decisions 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NewCliche21 said:

LOL at all the people calling Robinson a bad pick because Rodriguez is doing well in his dozen snaps.

New owner, same fans.

If you look around the league you will notice that every team's starting running back is as good, or in most cases better, than Robinson.  Same thing with Gibson vs other teams change of pace RB.  The criticism, which is completely valid, is they spent 2  high 3rds on below average players when equal value could have easily been obtained in the later rounds.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 1

I know folks are hoping that we’ll try to trade players before the trade deadline to get some value, but seriously - do we want Ron and the existing front office making these decisions?

No matter what - I can’t see Harris and Crew letting Ron making personnel decisions with any impact beyond the 2023 season.  

If Harris lets Ron go fire sale route  - I am extremely concerned.  Any decisions impacting the team beyond this season MUST be left to the new GM/Head of Football Operations that will be hired.  

Hopefully, “Team Harris” is already getting advice and insights about the existing roster and has started the process of identifying this potential new GM/Head of Football Operations.