Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: I Can't Think of a Witty Giant Pun

KDawg

1 hour ago, IrepDC said:

I'm open to discussion, but I've yet to see anyone explain what we can do differently that we haven't already tried. Saying we haven't ran enough screens, quick crosses, short outlet routes, rollouts, etc. isn't the truth. We have ran them all and still had drives ruined by poor blocking. There's 160 starting OL in the NFL and we have 4 of the bottom 10. That's crazy.

The truth hurts, this OL stinks, center and left guard are not starting caliber NFL lineman. Both Tackles are playing below average, right guard is just average. TE's are below average. This line cannot run EB's offense and defenses know that. We have to make all these changes to protect the line?  At this point play the young guys what's the difference, Would love to see some benching going on.

Was Mitchell blaming Howell for not making pre-snap adjustments and reads (in relation to blitzes), movement in the pocket, or just not getting the ball out quickly enough/finding guys?  

Personally on a lot of the replays I saw guys were well covered, which is one of my beefs with Dotson and why I think he fits with Rivera/mayhew's other failures; guy does not win many routes.  That said, maybe Howell should try to fit passes into covered guys when the pocket is collapsing, in a "only my guy gets it or incompletion" way . 

Just now, Chris 44 said:

This will be very interesting to see how this plays out and if players are shopped. You would think that Harris would have to give some sort of approval. Even if he didn't say anything that would be a seen as a silent approval. Does he override the GM's at this point knowing they wont be here. Wouldn't imagine he would do that with his own appointed front office but in this instance? Going to be interesting.

The vibe i get from Keim is they don't want to trade anyone though he didn't make the point that strongly.   Will see if losing to Philly changes that approach.

3 minutes ago, Capsman said:

Was Mitchell blaming Howell for not making pre-snap adjustments and reads (in relation to blitzes), movement in the pocket, or just not getting the ball out quickly enough/finding guys?  

Personally on a lot of the replays I saw guys were well covered, which is one of my beefs with Dotson and why I think he fits with Rivera/mayhew's other failures; guy does not win many routes.  That said, maybe Howell should try to fit passes into covered guys when the pocket is collapsing, in a "only my guy gets it or incompletion" way . 

Blamed Howell for talking a good game in press conferences and not delivering on his rhetoric, he's not improving and should be better by now.  And he should have found his hot reads to overcome blitzes.  It's not Bieniemy's fault for the game plan because he likely just expected Howell to adjust to the blitzes as was planned out for the game-- so the adjustments in the 2nd half weren't about developing a better plan -- the plan likey was already fine but it was was about adjusting to Howell not doing his job.

Again, this isn't what i think.  I disagree with it.  But that was the gist of Mitchell's point

14 minutes ago, samy316 said:

Who gives a **** about the language?  He's an adult, and we're all adults.  He conveyed his emotions, and the profanity drove home the point of how fed up he is with this bull****.  We aren't school aged kids that need to be shielded from the truth, because someone decided to use a few swear words.  I actually commend him for saying out loud what we're all thinking, even if he had to curse.

...I said I cuss like a sailor.  I don't care about the language, necessarily.

I do think it's pretty juvenile that he had to drive home his point with profanity.  It's kind of stupid.

4 hours ago, KDawg said:

I disagree.

If you don’t address the line you are risking another destroyed prospect who the fans turn on 6 games into the season.

Yeah, but there's nothing that says they have to play the dude.

My view is that if you can get a QB whom you truly feel can be special enough to build around for the next decade +, you take him.  Period.  Even if you have a bad OL like ours.  You may not be in position - and "the one" may not be around - for the next many drafts.  Again, there is no rule that says you have to play him immediately if you have a line that will get him killed. It's a long terms strategy in that case, something this organization hasn't employed in 30 years.  

Maybe some fans get irked that he's redshirted for a year.  So what?  Let him sit for a year and learn your offense while you then build the O line that won't get him killed.  Then the next year you put him out there with more protection.  You can always find and be in position to draft good OL.  You simply cannot say the same about the QB position.  

That's how I look at it, anyway.  For whatever that's worth!  😃

1 minute ago, Redwards said:

Yeah, but there's nothing that says they have to play the dude.

My view is that if you can get a QB whom you truly feel can be special enough to build around for the next decade +, you take him.  Period.  Even if you have a bad OL like ours.  You may not be in position - and "the one" may not be around - for the next many drafts.  Again, there is no rule that says you have to play him immediately if you have a line that will get him killed. It's a long terms strategy in that case, something this organization hasn't employed in 30 years.  

Maybe some fans get irked that he's redshirted for a year.  So what?  Let him sit for a year and learn your offense while you then build the O line that won't get him killed.  Then the next year you put him out there with more protection.  You can always find and be in position to draft good OL.  You simply cannot say the same about the QB position.  

That's how I look at it, anyway.  For whatever that's worth!  😃

This is fair.

But you only keep so many QBs. And with a line this bad chances are he has to play at some point. Can't practice squad the guy. 

• Like 1

I thought it would be satisfying to put things in perspective. Gary Clark was on with Doc Walker over the weekend talking about how he lost 6 times in a row at the medowlands to the Giants (I guess he missed a game) and after that loss and talking to my dad about it, it made me want to look the losses up to see if I could find what he was talking about. I can't find it but bot do they have our number. 

2023    L        3-4    @    New York Giants    7    14
2022    T    OT    7-5-1    @    New York Giants    20    20    
2021    W        7-10    @    New York Giants    22    7    16
2020    L        1-5    @    New York Giants    19    20    

2019    L        0-4    @    New York Giants    3    24
2018    W        5-2    @    New York Giants    20    13
2017    L        7-9    @    New York Giants    10    18
2016    W        1-2    @    New York Giants    29    27
2015    L        1-2    @    New York Giants    21    32
2014    L        3-11    @    New York Giants    13    24

2013    L        3-13    @    New York Giants    6    20    
2012    L        3-4    @    New York Giants    23    27    
2011    W        5-9    @    New York Giants    23    10
2010    L        5-7    @    New York Giants    7    31

2009    L        0-1    @    New York Giants    17    23    
2008    L        0-1    @    New York Giants    7    16

2007    W        7-7    @    New York Giants    22    10
2006    L        2-3    @    New York Giants    3    19    
2005    L        4-3    @    New York Giants    0    36
2004    L        1-1    @    New York Giants    14    20

2003    W        5-8    @    New York Giants    20    7    
2002    L        4-6    @    New York Giants    17    19

2001    L        0-4    @    New York Giants    9    23

2000    W        2-2    @    New York Giants    16    6
1999    W        1-1    @    New York Giants    50    21
1998    L        0-1    @    New York Giants    24    31    
1997    L        7-7-1    @    New York Giants    10    30
1996    W        2-1    @    New York Giants    31    10    
1995    L        4-10    @    New York Giants    13    20
1994    L        1-2    @    New York Giants    23    31    

1993    L        2-7    @    New York Giants    6    20

1992    W        8-5    @    New York Giants    28    10    
1991    W        8-0    @    New York Giants    17    13
1990    L        4-3    @    New York Giants    10    21
1989    L        3-3    @    New York Giants    17    20
1988    L        0-1    @    New York Giants    20    27
1987    W        3-1    @    New York Giants    38    12
1986    L        6-2    @    New York Giants    20    27
1985    L        3-4    @    New York Giants    3    17
1984    L        5-4    @    New York Giants    13    37
1983    W        9-2    @    New York Giants    33    17
1982    W        3-0    @    New York Giants    27    17
1981    W    OT    5-6    @    New York Giants    30    27

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

I don't want GM RonMart trading anyone away. We made this mess we have to sit in it. I do think the FO needs some things to start changing sooner than later. I'd expect a new GM gets brought in the day after black monday when everyone is canned.

I do.

We need more assets.

Having said that, it would be real nice if Harris had an "advisor" in right now...

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

I don't want GM RonMart trading anyone away. We made this mess we have to sit in it. I do think the FO needs some things to start changing sooner than later. I'd expect a new GM gets brought in the day after black monday when everyone is canned.

Yeah I think the GMs' are just as lame duck as Ron at this point. Doubt they will get the approval to do anything that would amount to a headline type trade.

3 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Can we forward this to PFF?

that is PFF

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I do.

We need more assets.

Having said that, it would be real nice if Harris had an "advisor" in right now...

Me too.  If we wait for someone else, its likely too late.  We either lose a player for a comp pick or for a bag of peanuts.  It's the Trent drill all over again when we coud have gotten a good haul in season but after the season was over it all changed.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I do.

We need more assets.

Ron is a lame duck HC at this point. You shouldn't let a short-term HC to make personnel decisions with long-term impact. All the pieces we have now should stay in place for the next regime to assess and quantify. 

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, BurgundyBooger said:

Ron is a lame duck HC at this point. You shouldn't let a short-term HC to make personnel decisions with long-term impact. All the pieces we have now should stay in place for the next regime to assess and quantify. 

Except most of these assets are free agents.

So they aren't really in place.

So we have a very high potential to lose them for nothing. Again, poorly managed roster and assets. This is why we are where we are. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I do.

We need more assets.

1 minute ago, Chris 44 said:

Yeah I think the GMs' are just as lame duck as Ron at this point. Doubt they will get the approval to do anything that would amount to a headline type trade.

Don't get me wrong, I want all the assets we can get and a fresh start next season would be great. I don't think Ron is doing anything that will push away wins this season and he knows there's no reason to build for tomorrow.

I just think RonMart will absolutely **** it up like he has in the past.

We have the cap to resign pretty much everyone and we have a very good roster that's being poorly managed.

I kind of go back and forth about how I'd approach this offseason. Bring everyone back, sign a veteran high end MLB like David or Wagner, sign a LT like Smith from the Cowboys and draft a RT in the first and then go compete or let everyone walk and do kind of an NFL version of "The Process" like the Dolphins did two years ago. Let the team go empty, don't bring any decent FAs in, collect a bunch of comp picks, trade anyone worth a high pick and plan on restarting the build in 2025. 

Our next GM and HC will have a very long line of rope to build their team with.

1 minute ago, skinsfan66 said:

You think the coach is going to help? How center or left guard?

With the exception of Wylie, I don't think the players are as bad as they seem. There is talent, but they don't play like a unit and they're obviously not well oached.

1 minute ago, skinsfan66 said:

You think the coach is going to help? How center or left guard?

How can't it hurt?

Anything is going to help.

The staff isn't willing to address roster weaknesses through looking at other players

And we aren't going to fire anyone, so it's a solution I found by looking outside the box

But don't worry, no one would ever make this move lol