Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders @ The Giants - Failed to take advantage of the falling Giant!

zCommander

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Take Howell out to save him from this game...id rather let Brisset get rung like a bell in regards to protecting our future or season...

With semi coherent offensive play calling this is still a winnable game. 

If I am Rivera I’m benching Gates, challenging the manhood of the O line and telling EB to pull his head out of his ass. 

Ron will probably do nothing.

2 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Second half has to get better.  Cannot be much worse.

It will get worse. I hope I am wrong, but the history of Ron And JDR tells me different. This game shows what we really are, bad. 

I'm kinda done with this EB experiment.. Dude doesn't want to run the ball, its still only a 2 score game, 1 long balanced drive and were back in it.. I mean why we drafting guys like Chris Rodriguez when we aren't even giving the ball to BRob or Gibson. Is Gibson still on this team??

Edited by Playaction2Sanders

Just now, KDawg said:

I honestly don’t see why we don’t make some kind of change after today. It’s not like it’s going to get worse. Get rid of Rivera now and start the GM process.

The way this staff is constructed who do elevate as the interim? JDR and EB are as big an issue as Rivera. 

It’s a bad staff.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MartinC said:

The O’line is awful.

His game plan and play calling today is way worse. Play calling has been as big a problem as blocking today.

That said Gates needs to be benched at halftime.

The stated strength of the offense is the screen game. 

The obvious ****ing counter to pressure is a screen or run into it.

The oline is only really good at running screens. 

We don’t run screens lol. Have we even attempted one today? Come on EB. Do the thing. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KillBill26 said:

It is amazing how bad we are, yet we haven't been bitten by the injury bug.  And we haven't had a hard schedule. We just suck all around.

This is why I no longer think there is anything reactionary about firing Ron now.  This team is pretty much at full health in the easy part of its schedule.  Year 4.  

• Like 1

Just now, markmills67 said:

Rivera is an absolute ******* disgrace,  we all knew that we needed to upgrade the OL to give Howell a fighting chance. But Cardigan and Armchair Ron has actually downgraded the OL. If he is not sacked after this that in itself is a disgrace. 

idk who Cardigan is even referring to but I hate him 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I honestly don’t see why we don’t make some kind of change after today. It’s not like it’s going to get worse. Get rid of Rivera now and start the GM process.

Taking his head isn't going to ill affect the teams play, that's for sure.

Maybe it shakes things up a little and lights a fire under someone...anyone....

Just now, Llevron said:

The stated strength of the offense is the screen game. 

The obvious ****ing counter to pressure is a screen or run into it.

The oline is only really good at running screens. 

We don’t run screens lol. Have we even attempted one today? Come on EB. Do the thing. 

I’ve been screaming that all first half. 

Just now, MartinC said:

With semi coherent offensive play calling this is still a winnable game. 

If I am Rivera I’m benching Gates, challenging the manhood of the O line and telling EB to pull his head out of his ass. 

Ron will probably do nothing.

This is why is take Howell out, it's the easiest way to do nothing, like not wanting the ball back to end the half. 

He's already thinking of how to either taking him out or get out of here fast as possible.

I want to be wrong, but they need to prove me wrong.  They have the players to do it, that's their backup QB we going up against today.