Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders @ The Giants - Failed to take advantage of the falling Giant!

zCommander

3 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

It’s time for all of us who poked fun to admit that @88Comrade2000 was more or less right about Ron and this season.

Ron has a track record. People are only now realizing this is a lost season.

I knew before the season this would be a lost season.

1. Ron the coach suxs as a coach. He’s mediocre at best. That wasn’t going to change in year 4.

2. Ron the Gm and his Gm crew is even worse. They have made so many wrong moves and their moves to addresses weaknesses have failed. That’s even if they decide to address them.

3. This is Sam’s first year and he’ll have struggles. The oline and him getting sacked so much isn’t helping.

4. I said at some point in the summer, the defense will be an issue.

Looks like EB is a bust. There’s a reason no one ever hired him as head coach.

Still I want him as interim coach not because he’ll win. He’ll do the opposite. He’s our best chance at getting a top 5 draft pick. 

I went into this season not excited at all. I expected mediocrity.  We need to clean house.

• Like 3

Ugh...the D finally came alive only for the O to lay too much of an egg in the first half to be able to overcome in the 2nd half. Howell's throwaways need to actually go out of bounds. We can't let them block our kicks like that. Dotson HAS to make that catch.

I think a turnaround is still possible; don't fire anyone yet.  But it's still very disheartening to blow another winnable game.

Just now, tshile said:

I think everyone realized it was a lost season. That’s what new ownership means. 

if anyone’s learning something i think it’s a group of people who thought EB was so good he was going to takeover as head coach 😂 

I didn't think it was a lost season. I thought if Rivera won a playoff game, Harris would give him more time. And I thought, despite the obvious flaws on the OL, there was a decent chance this team made a jump and got to 10/11 wins. Now that seems like it was delusional. Oh, well. 

2 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I didn't think it was a lost season

People don’t spend 6 billion on a distressed asset, and decide to see how what the previously guy left plays out. 

they just don’t.  That’s not how it works. 

I respect Rivera as a person. In 4 years of building a team he’s created a team that gave an 0-14 bears team its first win since mid last season and lost to a 1-5 giants team. That’s not what good orgs to

the only question was how easy/difficult would Rivera make it to fire him, but I guess the answer is super easy, in fact you could fire him mid season and probably get cheers. 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I didn't think it was a lost season. I thought if Rivera won a playoff game, Harris would give him more time. And I thought, despite the obvious flaws on the OL, there was a decent chance this team made a jump and got to 10/11 wins. Now that seems like it was delusional. Oh, well. 

The only way I'll ever predict this team gets 10-11 wins is if they accomplish it the previous season.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Lost in the embarrassment was Rivera's comical outburst on the intentional grounding penalty. Second week in a row he's broken out of his arms-crossed gargoyle schtick to go absolutely ballistic over a random call. What's with that? Lol

He’s watching his career end in real time

7 hours ago, tmandoug1 said:

We tried that....didn't work. Trade them all and start over. This time focus on the offense.

Exactly, 6 first rounders DL, LBer, CB… and we have a **** defense. Bad investments, bad scheme, whatever - we need to reallocate those resources. Can’t afford to pay young and sweat and make the investments necessary to build this team. Get what you can in a trade, time to move on 

It made no difference to the result but there were a lot of uncalled holds on the D line today 

Watching today was an exercise in frustration 

the inability to adapt when Howell keeps getting pummelled is wild

Russell Wilson had atrocious o lines for years in Seattle and would roll out so often and he'd less talented receivers and still got it done

everyone knows JDR and Riverbed Ron are dinosaurs and EB hasn't learned to scheme without Kelce, Mahomes etc 

Our problems are nothing new…Oline needs to be improved. It is clearly getting overwhelmed. We can’t run and after this past game, we can’t now pass either. It is the top brass’s fault for not addressing this issue long into the current regime.

Start with coaching. Do we even have an oline Coach? The oline is an afterthought on this team. Defense wins champions but offense gets you there!!!!

9 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

Lost in the embarrassment was Rivera's comical outburst on the intentional grounding penalty. Second week in a row he's broken out of his arms-crossed gargoyle schtick to go absolutely ballistic over a random call. What's with that? Lol

The funniest thing was that the grounding was absolutely the right call. He gets randomly angry and still finds a way to be wrong.

On 10/22/2023 at 6:21 PM, Koolblue13 said:

Speaking as a Philadelphian, we're about to win the NLCS and go back to the World series to close out Red October.

Washington better grease the light polls, because that fan base is on fire.

godzilla-snapback-to-reality.gif

• Sad 1