Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders @ The Giants - Failed to take advantage of the falling Giant!

zCommander

18 minutes ago, tshile said:

The problem with firing Ron mid season - aside from the look to the rest of the league as an org that’s already had difficulty attracting talent - is he lets JDR and EB have full control of their sides of the ball. 

so… are you gonna promote the guy that’s trying to get your QB killed, or the guy that seems to think the best game plan is to let the other team rack up a bunch of points for 2 quarters before you start actually playing defense?

they have no one to turn to for interim coach. 

Honestly, may hold the offense back enough to slow it down into reality since that's not where they are right now.

9 minutes ago, thebluefood said:

Real shame those Kelly Green and Silver uniforms are so sick. They're gonna style all over us in our place and look great doing it, aren't they? 

It won't be our place next week. They're taking it to the Dolphins right now. Phillies are going to clinch the NLCS this week. Next week is going to be a disaster. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

It won't be our place next week. They're taking it to the Dolphins right now. Phillies are going to clinch the NLCS this week. Next week is going to be a disaster. 

I'm living in the Harrisburg, PA area and the Phans have been understandably but insufferably ****y and there's nothing I can say in response. Nationals do have promise for the future but this franchise still looks stuck in the mud.  

2 minutes ago, thebluefood said:

I'm living in the Harrisburg, PA area and the Phans have been understandably but insufferably ****y and there's nothing I can say in response. Nationals do have promise for the future but this franchise still looks stuck in the mud.  

I'm a huge Phillies fan.  :D

HAHAHA!!! I just saw a google news article saying that there will a QB controversy in New York now...because they scored 14 points. Who was it that thought I was joking when I said someone put the Bears in their top 10 after they beat us? Rivera is trash, I'm over it, get him out now before he ****s up something else.

3 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

HAHAHA!!! I just saw a google news article saying that there will a QB controversy in New York now...because they scored 14 points. Who was it that thought I was joking when I said someone put the Bears in their top 10 after they beat us? Rivera is trash, I'm over it, get him out now before he ****s up something else.

You afraid he's gonna break a sink or something? Take the cornhole bags away?

• Haha 1

Not into firing Ron in season, just do it for sure at its conclusion. Do it nicely and with gratitude.

We aren't going to really benefit this year by a seismic shift of that nature at this time, it will just be extra stuff for everyone to deal with.

Not enough juice for the squeeze.  Just finish and then call it a day for this f.o.

But the one thing that does worry me about the rest of the season is its likelihood of continuing damage to Howell's development.

• Like 9
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, bh32 said:

Magic may be running it by them ,but what's the point of doing it if your not gonna act on doing anything during the season? Everyone knows Ron & companies ass is cooked at seasons end..to me it just looks like a dysfunctional ownership. 

It could just be that Magic likes to vent on Twitter/X. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Not into firing Ron in season, just don't for sure at its conclusion. And do it nicely and with gratitude.

We aren't going to really benefit this year's by a seismic shift of that nature at this time, it will just be extra stuff for everyone to deal with.

Not enough juice for the squeeze.  Just finish and then call it a day for this f.o.

But the one thing that does worry me about the rest of the season is it's likelihood of continuing damage to Howell's development.

As much as it pains me to say, this is the correct course.  We have no choice but to let the season play out.  I’d love to believe that they somehow get it turned around I just don’t think it’s realistic with this group.     

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bh32 said:

The problem with Magic making these comments is he is not majority owner and it can be kind of off putting to future gm's or coaches.

if any potential coach or GM is actually bothered by Magic’s face-smackingly boring and stupid tweets, that coach/GM candidate is not qualified for the position here or anywhere else

“how dare he tweet that we scored less points than our opponent did and, thus, lost the game” 

33 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

HAHAHA!!! I just saw a google news article saying that there will a QB controversy in New York now...because they scored 14 points

it’s because Tyrod has played well and Daniel Jones is a train wreck. If Jones didn’t get $40 mil a year this off-season, he wouldn’t see the field again. The giants messed up big time with that contract and now are making more bad decisions because they have to justify it 

1 hour ago, tshile said:

The problem with firing Ron mid season - aside from the look to the rest of the league as an org that’s already had difficulty attracting talent - is he lets JDR and EB have full control of their sides of the ball. 

so… are you gonna promote the guy that’s trying to get your QB killed, or the guy that seems to think the best game plan is to let the other team rack up a bunch of points for 2 quarters before you start actually playing defense?

they have no one to turn to for interim coach. 

The Colts put Jeff Saturday in as interim coach last year. Hell, we have options for interim HC but it would likely go to EB right? Go get John and Jay Gruden...that would be good theater.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

The Colts put Jeff Saturday in as interim coach last year. Hell, we have options for interim HC but it would likely go to EB right? Go get John and Jay Gruden...that would be good theater.

It is Jon and not John. ;) 

That would be hilarious. Jon as the HC and Jay as the OC lol

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, profusion said:

Changing the entire office and coaching staff, top to bottom, in a single offseason? That doesn't seem like a normal occurrence. 

Uh, it happens all the time.

Look at last year or the year before. So many teams not only changed coaches but changed gms. It happens all the time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thebluefood said:

Real shame those Kelly Green and Silver uniforms are so sick. They're gonna style all over us in our place and look great doing it, aren't they? 

throwback unis this year are killing it. Giants old helmets, Tampa Creamsicles, eagles Kelly green and silver are all fantastic 

2 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Forbes.

they could just cut him, they don’t have to murder him on live tv. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Only one chance with Hill. Call Flo, Jake, and the emu and have all three cover him.

This is a great marketing gimmick they weirdly haven’t done yet—have an insurance company make commercials with famous NFL WR’s absolutely toasting Flo on routes, misunderstanding what sort of “coverage” Progressive offers. They should hire you 

• Thumb up 1

11 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

The Colts put Jeff Saturday in as interim coach last year. 

Let’s not do something as stupid as that.

As for EB as interim the only upside to theta would be if he also gave up play calling to say Zampese. I can’t see there being a coaching change until the end of the season. Rivera doesn’t seem to be doing much apart from saying ‘focus on the details’ over and over again - so firing him still leaves Del Rio as DC and EB as OC. And they are both a problem.

7 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Forbes.

Shoot me. 

Actually tying Hill to a stake a shooting him might be our only chance.