Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders @ The Giants - Failed to take advantage of the falling Giant!

zCommander

30 minutes ago, Stihl89 said:

Teams dont change the ENTIRE FO during the first offseason due to their season ending at the draft essentially. Teams dont allow their scouts make lateral moves during that year. So most of our scouts and some of the player personnel people will be staying through this offseason. By july/august hopefully everyone is gone 

If you read my entire post before responding, you’d see that I acknowledged that about the non-first and second tier talent evaluators. The “on the ground” scouting staff sticking around until after the draft was something I wrote in the very post you quoted. 

You actually did the same thing earlier where you responded seriously to someone’s joke post—it went right over your head because you only read the first sentence or two before you quoted and replied, and didn’t read far enough to realize it was absurdist humor. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

3 hours ago, wit33 said:

That’s a wrap.

The hope for this season has transformed into a need for a miracle to secure bonus football for the Commanders. As we shift our focus, let’s hope Howell can attain a middle-tier QB status in the coming season, all while being on a rookie deal.

To the dark side I go. 

PS: You must keep Chase Young!

It's not the dark side.

The dark side is Dan Snyder.  Same dude Ron complemented right to the end of his tenure.  Ron is a nice guy but he's not Mother Teresa.  With Ron bemoaning this off season about why people don't give Dan Snyder a break, the comment about sending him a SB ring if he's fired, and the recent comments about him not getting why the media is making a big deal that he has to win in season 4 -- comes off a bit delusional and spoiled.

It's probably not Ron's fault but its what happens when you gave one dude that much power.  It goes to your head.  I don't think Ron is a bad guy.  I think he's a nice guy but I think he's checked out and comes off a bit entitled where to me he's not that likable anymore.  i am sure he will be likable again next year when he's gone because i think he's by nature a good guy.

But in short Josh Harris is the future of this team. Not Ron.  Ron isn't Luke Skywalker.  Harris is.    Let Harris try to restore this great organization.   That's not the darkside.  It's if anything the Jedi way. 😎

4 years is plenty of patience with Ron.  I gave him 3 years.  I said he'd make the big push in off season 4.  And he didn't.  So for me I feel its more consistent for me to stick to my beliefs of what helps this team not what's best for Ron.  If I thought Ron was what's best for the team, I'd have his back.  And i do think to some extent he was the right dude with Dan there because Dan was Vadar.  So having a good person to counter balance that was helpfuil.  But that dynamic has now changed radically. 

giphy.gif

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 6
  • Thumb up 3

We had them at 3rd down deep in their territory with a tackle on Taylor around their 7 yard line making it 4th down. But Davis was called for interference. Would have like to have seen how the game would have gone with the Giants punting deep in their territory if not for the penalty. That's the point that made me mad.

27 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

There were folks all along the spectrum re: Ron heading into the season. 88comrade was arguably the most full-throated and certain about a particularly disastrous start to the season followed by Ron’s quick dismissal (though IIRC he somewhat backed off on that prediction). He caught a lot of flak for taking such a strong position.

Nevertheless, he was more or less right as Rivera has lost the locker room and is conspicuously a dead man walking by Week 7. There’s no fight and no hope — this is probably the worst 3-4 team in the league right now.

I recall some heated discussions with him and some others here that were more about his style of posting versus it being squarely about Ron because I recall some of those same people were also out on Ron.  So i am guessing those people might not feel compelled to apologize to him.  But that's of course up to them.  

But I would say as someone who has been on both paths -- pro Ron until I saw this off season play out and then becoming strongly anti-Ron -- and i had my share of debates on both sides of this.  As for the people engaging in the debate THIS off season, there were more anti-Ron people than pro Ron after this off season and it didn't feel close. 

I can actually recite the pro Ron people left because there were so few of them left and I among others debated them all and we debated them a lot.  I think we did it even more than 88comrade this year or at least as much.  But certainly if he wants to take credit for being out on Ron earlier than most, that part is certainly true.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Ian Cunningham is a hot GM candidate. Trained under Ozzie Newsome in Baltimore for many years, was with the Eagles for a while including their 2017 Super Bowl, has spent the past couple years watching the Bears dumpster fire. UVA grad. Was offered the Arizona GM job but turned it down. 38 years old so young with plenty of energy left in the tank.  

Could make sense to bring him home.

I as an Indian guy don't personally care much about the diversity angle, but Cunningham is black and that may carry some juice as well (not trying to make this political but the league has decided it cares about these things).

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

John Madden is one of our minority owners???

83h2th.jpg

Though I agree with Magic and applaud others that say the same as he just did, I'm against owners tweeting negative comments. Many will disagree but I think its a bad look.

3 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Ian Cunningham is a hot GM candidate. Trained under Ozzie Newsome in Baltimore for many years, was with the Eagles for a while including their 2017 Super Bowl, has spent the past couple years watching the Bears dumpster fire. UVA grad. Was offered the Arizona GM job but turned it down. 38 years old so young with plenty of energy left in the tank.  

Could make sense to bring him home.

I as an Indian guy don't personally care much about the diversity angle, but Cunningham is black and that may carry some juice as well (not trying to make this political but the league has decided it cares about these things).

That's a good name to throw out.

33 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

There were folks all along the spectrum re: Ron heading into the season. 88comrade was arguably the most full-throated and certain about a particularly disastrous start to the season followed by Ron’s quick dismissal (though IIRC he somewhat backed off on that prediction). He caught a lot of flak for taking such a strong position.

Nevertheless, he was more or less right as Rivera has lost the locker room and is conspicuously a dead man walking by Week 7. There’s no fight and no hope — this is probably the worst 3-4 team in the league right now.

No, he took a lot of flak because he wouldn’t shut the **** up about it in unrelated threads. I completely agreed with him all along, yet still found his posts annoying and trollish in just how easily they could have come from a bot programmed to paraphrase the same paragraph over and over and over again. That’s where certain posters got the dumb term “ronbot” from, not really the content of his posts which many of us agreed with, on principle. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Chris 44 said:

Though I agree with Magic and applaud others that say the same as he just did, I'm against owners tweeting negative comments. Many will disagree but I think its a bad look.

Heck, I give Magic credit for calling them "my Commanders". That had to hurt his ego

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Jay trolling Ron now on twitter hilarious.  Getting rid of the ping pong table was a sign of culture change...

I know a lot of people don't like Jay,but I feel if he had the  same control over the roster as Ron does that he would of had way more success than Ron has.

• Like 7
  • Thumb up 2

5 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

As a former Yankees fan, history will bias my response to your feelings on this matter. 

I understand why you would say this, still, results based business.

It's not like Leonsis hides his feelings about tough losses, either, though he has no rings to show for being as open as he is to the 6-7 people in the Wizards fan base.

2 minutes ago, bh32 said:

I know a lot of people don't like Jay,but I feel if he had the  same control over the roster as Ron does that he would of had way more success than Ron has.

I genuinely would be fine with firing Ron tomorrow and bringing in Jay to mop up the rest of the season as interim HC and hand over his player evaluations to whomever we hire as GM.

• Thumb up 1

Just now, Renegade7 said:

As a former Yankees fan, history will bias my response to your feelings on this matter. 

It's not like Leonsis hides his feelings about tough losses, either, though he has no rings to show for being as open as he is to the 6-7 people in the Wizards fan base.

I get the sentiment and have no issues if they had the conversation behind closed doors but how long before the vanilla ice cream shows up? Not saying it's going to get to that but still...I just don't agree with an owner making those types of public comments.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

The problem with Magic making these comments is he is not majority owner and it can be kind of off putting to future gm's or coaches.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1