Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders @ The Giants - Failed to take advantage of the falling Giant!

zCommander

Just now, profusion said:

Well, right, but getting all that done between January and the draft? That seems highly improbable. 

I like how you think, this is why i hope we make moves in the front office immediately. Identify who you want and get them in place to be ready for Black Monday. Start getting the front office in place now so they have time before the draft and free agency to strategize on plans moving forward. 

• Like 3

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

Only Trade the Beal. The offensive line and EBs play calling were so bad today that Howell didn't have a chance to show if he's good or bad.

TTB texted me today to tell me how bad Howell was, I figured it would have been more obvious to everyone but him. But he’s a prophet. 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I like how you think, this is why i hope we make moves in the front office immediately. Identify who you want and get them in place to be ready for Black Monday. Start getting the front office in place now so they have time before the draft and free agency to strategize on plans moving forward. 

Apparently, hiring front office people during the season who are currently employed by other teams is difficult contractually. It sounds like we'll have to wait until the offseason to make those moves. I'm not familiar with those issues, however.

It would be the ideal thing to do, however.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Keim if I recall in 3 times in recent radio appearances or podcasts hit Ron for not doing enough to help Sam as to building this O line in the off season.  Gloves are off from Keim, and its rare to see him critical like that.  He still takes his shots though with no venom. 

I was more reacting to the direct shot at the game plan.  

OL too.  But gameplan seems to have been a debacle today.  

Gates needs to be benched next week for Stromberg. Lucas should start at RT for Wylie as well.

And they can pick someone at random from the first 100 fans wearing a Washington jersey into that game next week to call plays from a play sheet put together as an 8th grade classroom project. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Happens a lot. 

In hiring the GM he will already have his network and most of his staff lined up to come in. Same when you hire the HC.

That's a good point. Essentially hiring the entire FO at once as a turnkey operation. They could come in and hire a new coach within a matter of weeks. The only problem would be that many of the best HC candidates will already have been hired (or there's some kind of secret handshake deal).

Was just listening to Finlay he said before the game that he was chatting with someone high up in that organization, sounds like within that FO, if I had to take a guess I'd say Hurney.  And they asked Finlay which team wins today, and Finlay said you don't want to know -- and that person response was that Finlay is very off on that.   So i guess at least somewhat high up in that FO was feeling really good about this game beforehand.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Gates needs to be benched next week for Stromberg. Lucas should start at RT for Wylie as well.

And they can pick someone at random from the first 100 fans wearing a Washington jersey into that game next week to call plays from a play sheet put together as an 8th grade classroom project. 

I’d volunteer to call plays.  

Id start by throwing away any runs on first down, second down or third down.  And probably 4th down.  

Otherwise I would be absolutely committed to the run.  

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Was just listening to Finlay he said before the game that he was chatting with someone high in that organization, sounds like FO, and if i had to take a guess I'd say Hurney.  And they asked Finlay who wins today, and Finlay said you don't want to know -- and that person response was that Finlay is very off on that.   So i guess at least somewhat high up in that FO was feeling really good about this game beforehand.

This was a game against a poor team who are banged up with injuries. Starting a backup QB behind an OL who are still learning each others names. 

We absolutely, 100%, should have won this game.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Id start by throwing away any runs on first down, second down or third down.  And probably 4th down.  

When you play the worst team in the NFL against the run.  The axiom is don't run the ball against that.

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

We have your CV - appreciate you coming in. We will let you know.

• Haha 6

Just now, MartinC said:

This was a game against a poor team who are banged up with injuries. Starting a backup QB behind an OL who are still learning each others names. 

We absolutely, 100%, should have won this game.

Agree.  But I also get where Finlay was coming from.  In the Ron era its the type of game they could lose.  In the predictions page I predicted we'd win but also that it wouldn't shock me if we lose.

I thought it was interesting that a higher up in that front office was that level confident.  Ron's regume hasn't earned thatr type of confidence IMO.

• Like 2

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I thought it was interesting that a higher up in that front office was that level confident.  Ron's regume hasn't earned thatr type of confidence IMO.

The front office all works for Ron, so of course they're going to say that.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, profusion said:

The front office all works for Ron, so of course they're going to say that.

This was a private conversation that Finlay spilled the beans on.  It didn't give the vibe that privately that dude who he talked to was scared, felt more like he thought Finlay was crazy to think they'd lose.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Umm we already are doing that. Are you EB?