Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders @ The Giants - Failed to take advantage of the falling Giant!

zCommander

18 minutes ago, Conn said:

Okay, we all have our own way that we watch the sport and engage with it. No shade. But if you’re more interested in just having football to watch and talk about for an extra week whenever possible, rather than being willing to take a step backwards to have a chance to witness something special, your consistent comfort with the status quo makes a lot more sense. 

To put in perspective the difference in our viewing ethos, I’d rather watch this team go 2-15 for the next 5 years but then go to the Super Bowl than just watch a lifetime of 7-10 to 10-7 wildcard loss football all the time (note: this is not how I think it HAS to happen—simply an extreme example of a process I’d prefer watching to the .500 status quo).

There is no benefit to watching mediocre/average football to me if there’s no hope for something more. Watching this team and knowing exactly what to expect and what errors to expect for over a decade straight now, there’s nothing enjoyable about it. The idea that you could take a step back, reset, and build a young fast explosive high ceiling team with the right FO/coaching staff is where the hope lies for me. Not in the idea that a predictably mediocre team could have a small chance at catching lightning in the bottle if they can just maybe squeak into the wildcard round. 

This is an extreme example like you said because no one would be able to handle being uncompetitive for two years without knowing for certain after two more we'd have a ring for it...we'd never make it.

For whatever reason, this franchise can't build on their success in order to stay in the conversation and potential get a special roster every once in a while and pierce all the way through.

I'm not buying we should nuke this roster if we believe Howell is the guy...but anyone that feels differently can understand a full roster reboot (I just don't agree with doing that right now even after today)

Edited by Renegade7

4 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

The online is far worse than last years. They can't run or pass block. At least last year they were decent at pass blocking. 

I want everyone but EB fired

Is it worse? The names are different, but this season, Nick Martin isn't starting. Aside from Cosmi getting shifted over for Wylie, I honestly can't tell any significant difference from last season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NickyJ said:

Is it worse? The names are different, but this season, Nick Martin isn't starting. Aside from Cosmi getting shifted over for Wylie, I honestly can't tell any significant difference from last season.

They are playing worse

4 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

what is he supposed to say? This isn’t a good team. They know it. Most of us know it but some love to convince themselves every offseason we are just a couple pieces or a better coach away 

How about making some impact plays would be a good start..Being 3 tech he has a lot of one on one's and he isn't beating his man all that much especially against a backup Giants OL

9 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

What the Giants defense did today is a blueprint for every defense we play. Blitz, be aggressive, the Commanders can't stop that.

To be fair, our OL is so awful you don’t really need to blitz.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 3

1 minute ago, RVAskins said:

Ron Rivera Presser: "We have 10 games left to go. You never know what's going to happen"

Yes we do Ron. We know exactly what's going to happen.

Besides 10 losses, we're also on pace for Howell to get over 76 sacks. Ron leaves a legend.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Simmsy said:

Yeah, they lost the locker room.

They lost it at the eagles game go for two and win and I doubt we would have lost another game. But telling your team you dont trust them

is the worst thing he could have done. Hell if  they missed the two points i think they still win these last 3 games. 

1 minute ago, BleedBNG said:

Besides 10 losses, we're also on pace for Howell to get over 76 sacks. Ron leaves a legend.

97 sacks at this rate. I want to break 100

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Keim if I recall in 3 times in recent radio appearances or podcasts hit Ron for not doing enough to help Sam as to building this O line in the off season.  Gloves are off from Keim, and its rare to see him critical like that.  He still takes his shots though with no venom. 

He's been careful and diplomatic all off-season, but the thickness of the RR arrogance and bullcrap have fed Keim up. The offense is struggling in no small part, of course, because the OL is and has been trash. Not effectively addressed at all, from a personnel standpoint this or last or two off-season ago. Who are Norwell and Turner starting for right now? Primary backups......? As damning, RR waited SO long to hire an OL coach that it really, really handicapped that unit. Nobody in the wide world of sports would have entrusted Wharton to lead and develop their OL. In the weeks we waited for white smoke on the OL leadership, Keim was kind by simply repeating "they have someone in-house they like". Translation: another Panthers tag-along who can't, won't, and shouldn't make it on his own merit. 

Edited by skinzplay
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

The online is far worse than last years. They can't run or pass block. At least last year they were decent at pass blocking. 

I want everyone but EB fired

EB brought the worst player on this OL with him

EB was in on the Gates signing

EB was the one who named Charles the starter before TC

EB is responsible for an OL that gets 7 penalties. 

EB calling 20 yard passes and having the QB turn his back to the blitzers

EB putting together this terrible run game and getting away from it.

How the **** does he get a pass? Yes the OL is bad and Sam holds the ball too long at times, but you can call slants and screens, move the pocket. Quick plays designed to get the ball out in less than 2 seconds. He isn't calling those until the end of the game.

EB is keeping a 5 man protection when we're getting blitzed on half the plays and not adjusting is on EB.

We thought Reid dumping McNabb on us was bad. He's out done himself with EB and Wylie.

EB, JDR and Ron will never coach again in this league.

EB is the main problem with this offense. He's clueless and doing a worse job than JDR. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 5

Just now, skinzplay said:

He's been careful and diplomatic all off-season, but the thickness of the RR arrogance and bull rap have fed Keim up. The offense is struggling in no small part, of course, because the OL is and has been trash. Not effectively addressed at all, from a personnel standpoint this or last or two off-season ago. Who are Norwell and Turner starting for right now? Primary backups......? As damning, RR waited SO long to hire an OL coach that it really, really handicapped that unit. Nobody in the wide world of sports would have entrusted Wharton to lead and develop their OL. In the weeks we waited for white smoke on the IL leadership, Keim was kind by simply repeating "they have someone in-house they like". Translation: another Panthers tag-along who can't, won't, and shouldn't make it on his own merit. 

I think that OL line coaching hasn't been talked about near enough. As bad as the individual parts of this line are coaching is just as bad.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Ron is just going through the motions. I wonder what he actually does during the week.

On a side note......would the entire scouting department get fired when he does? They are a major part of the problem as well. Who scouted and watched film on our new line.....total **** show.

1 minute ago, skinzplay said:

He's been careful and diplomatic all off-season, but the thickness of the RR arrogance and bull rap have fed Keim up. The offense is struggling in no small part, of course, because the OL is and has been trash. Not effectively addressed at all, from a personnel standpoint this or last or two off-season ago. Who are Norwell and Turner starting for right now? Primary backups......? As damning, RR waited SO long to hire an OL coach that it really, really handicapped that unit. Nobody in the wide world of sports would have entrusted Wharton to lead and develop their OL. In the weeks we waited for white smoke on the IL leadership, Keim was kind by simply repeating "they have someone in-house they like". Translation: another Panthers tag-along who can't, won't, and shouldn't make it on his own merit. 

For the past 4 years or so I kept wondering if we were going to draft for Oline help, but every year RR keeps saying our Oline is sound. Yeah right Ron.