Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders @ The Giants - Failed to take advantage of the falling Giant!

zCommander

Ron staying in his position is probably best suited for us to fail out and possibly sneak into a top 5 draft pick.  I really wish we could get our new GM in place sooner rather than later. Whoever it is will have a massive amount of work to do to rebuild this staff and roster by next season.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Capsman said:

While I agree coaching sucks, what does coaching have to do with fact that he drops balls practically every game?  Maybe you can blame his inability to win routes on coaching, but not the suspect hands. 

Have you ever seen this team fired up for a game? We act just like Ron, with no emotion, just going through the motions. That's not the coach we need as a team

Edited by Skintime
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

14 minutes ago, dunfer said:

like Mahomes? How many future firsts would it take to trade for him?

or you talking about drafting another guy? first you have to fix the oline before you bet the future on a kid that you hope fixes all your problems

Ive read we could get kirk back if we wanted him

If we’re high enough in the draft then definitely draft seems the route to go this year.

Presuming that money is free’d up by cutting some existing O line players, Curtis Samuel leaving amongst others and reinvesting that into the O line

16 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Yet.

If owner wants to wait until end of the year, what I took from Magic was a lot of people should be on notice when he says that.

No way Ron is back for year 5, can probably bet on black with that one now.

I'd be shocked if he got fired midseason, EB is looking mad suspect on offense and JDR barely knows defense enough to make me believe he can help the offense improve if he's interim.

I'm waiting to see if this gets ugly like the past or stays professional like these new folks said they would.  Dont out clown the clown show you inherited, please.

My guess is that Harris doesn't react emotionally and waits for the proper time to fire Ron. Given that Ron is also the head of the front office, he might *have* to go early if Harris wants to install a new GM with enough time to get a head start on major changes. That's all a lot easier if it doesn't have to be done in secret.

2 minutes ago, profusion said:

My guess is that Harris doesn't react emotionally and waits for the proper time to fire Ron. Given that Ron is also the head of the front office, he might *have* to go early if Harris wants to install a new GM with enough time to get a head start on major changes. That's all a lot easier if it doesn't have to be done in secret.

Front Office personnel doesn't have same in-season hiring rules as coaches, I hope you're right...i don't want to see Howell hurt before a new GM can get in and say don't morgatge his future to save your present...

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Csup said:

You may want to save most of your disgust for Washington’s coaches and players.

Oh there’s plenty of disgust to go around. Believe me. 

I see this game as the official end of the Ron Rivera regime. He is a decent, honorable man, but his time here as DC’s head coach is done. 

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 2

Just now, BleedBNG said:

Every team we play here on out is going to be blitzing Howell the first half. EB will need to find a better way of offsetting this pattern.

Not much EB can do with **** OL talent besides run more or shorter routes and even then the rusher are getting to Howell so fast it probably won't make that much of a difference.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After 6 games one would think that an OC would get the picture that the o-line blows dog and design/call plays to get Howell out of the pocket or quick slants to ease the pressure, but not EB.

I've been saying it that EB had a very good squad around him to call pretty much whatever plays he wanted, especially when you have a Mahomes as QB. And to think many were wanting EB to be HC  lololol.... 

Ron HAS to be fired or retire after this season, he's never been a great HC, and don't get me started on Del Taco, that guy should be fired immediately just to send a message around the league that this team will be on the look-out for coaches on both sides of the ball.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Front Office personnel doesn't have same in-season hiring rules as coaches, I hope you're right...i don't want to see Howell hurt before a new GM can get in and say don't morgatge his future to save your present...

That's a good point. I don't know how that works for FO people. It seems like a big lift to bring in an entirely new FO and coaching staff in the same offseason, especially given that the ownership is also new. Harris is very smart and experienced in sports (and probably learned something from the Rooneys), so I have confidence he'll get it right, but wow what a job he has in front of him in January.

I don't recall the team looking this bad at any point before in the Ron era. Two really bad games in three weeks.

• Like 1

Just now, bh32 said:

Not much EB can do with **** OL talent besides run more or shorter routes and even then the rusher are getting to Howell so fast it probably won't make that much of a difference.

Nah, there's a number of things that can be done to alleviate QB pressure, but the HC and OC just don't get it; they're coaching as if they have 50 all-pros on the team.

• Like 1