Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders @ The Giants - Failed to take advantage of the falling Giant!

zCommander

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

EB brought the worst player on this OL with him

EB was in on the Gates signing

EB was the one who named Charles the starter before TC

EB is responsible for an OL that gets 7 penalties. 

EB calling 20 yard passes and having the QB turn his back to the blitzers

EB putting together this terrible run game and getting away from it.

How the **** does he get a pass? Yes the OL is bad and Sam holds the ball too long at times, but you can call slants and screens, move the pocket. Quick plays designed to get the ball out in less than 2 seconds. He isn't calling those until the end of the game.

EB is keeping a 5 man protection when we're getting blitzed on half the plays and not adjusting is on EB.

We thought Reid dumping McNabb on us was bad. He's out done himself with EB and Wylie.

EB, JDR and Ron will never coach again in this league.

EB is the main problem with this offense. He's clueless and doing a worse job than JDR. 

I'm fair with saying EB has a hand in this oline, but its too far to say he's responsible for it being so bad. Sure, he signed those guys, but he didn't have much to choose from. After four years, our oline shouldn't be this bad, especially with the talent we had before Ron got here.

4 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

Ron is just going through the motions. I wonder what he actually does during the week.

On a side note......would the entire scouting department get fired when he does? They are a major part of the problem as well. Who scouted and watched film on our new line.....total **** show.

Well considering JDR is the one who seemed to really want Quan and Forbes, I lean towards blaming our coaches 99.99%

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

I think that OL line coaching hasn't been talked about near enough. As bad as the individual parts of this line are coaching is just as bad.

Stunts and blitzes have our OL falling over one another. Gates all but turned around to tackle Robinson himself.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

We can bash the defense, but how the hell did the Giants only score 14 points? 

Did Tress Way break the record for punt yards?

They haven't scored a TD in 3 games or some ****. We gave them two with 4 PS Olineman. Would have been more if Barkley didn't fumble. I agree though......they held them to 14 overall, but man we should have had 9 sacks against that line.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

EB brought the worst player on this OL with him

EB was in on the Gates signing

EB was the one who named Charles the starter before TC

EB is responsible for an OL that gets 7 penalties. 

EB calling 20 yard passes and having the QB turn his back to the blitzers

EB putting together this terrible run game and getting away from it.

How the **** does he get a pass? Yes the OL is bad and Sam holds the ball too long at times, but you can call slants and screens, move the pocket. Quick plays designed to get the ball out in less than 2 seconds. He isn't calling those until the end of the game.

EB is keeping a 5 man protection when we're getting blitzed on half the plays and not adjusting is on EB.

We thought Reid dumping McNabb on us was bad. He's out done himself with EB and Wylie.

EB, JDR and Ron will never coach again in this league.

EB is the main problem with this offense. He's clueless and doing a worse job than JDR. 

I agree with most of this except two things:

1. You forgot to mention lack of motion which is an enormous part of Reid’s KC offense that EB cannot even succeed in cribbing from. Or he’s too stubborn to do so, and is trying to do his own thing as his WR’s get locked down 

2. I assume someone from the Reid coaching tree will give EB a job, but it won’t be as elevated as it was. He’ll be busted back down to RB coach, or he’ll be in some BS “offensive consultant/passing game coordinator” role where he doesn’t get to make any decisions but nobody has to admit how little responsibility he has in actually designing the scheme or calling the plays. He can grind tape for tendencies in peace and yell during practice.

• Like 2

Just now, Simmsy said:

I'm fair with saying EB has a hand in this oline, but its too far to say he's responsible for it being so bad. Sure, he signed those guys, but he didn't have much to choose from. After four years, our oline shouldn't be this bad, especially with the talent we had before Ron got here.

That's fair, but then acknowledge that you have a **** OL and call plays accordingly. The Giants just put on a clinic on how to call an offense with a bad OL. We called the exact opposite. 

I'm not putting the entire lack of talent on the OL on EB, I'm not, but at least don't lean on it.

It's like Ron gave EB a crappy ragged out blazer to drive to work and EB decides to take it to an offroad park and race it.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Giants backup oline with a backup qb game-planned against our vaunted dline.

Im starting to think EB isnt good at calling a game

Edited by dunfer
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Stone Cold said:

I’m not usually one to wish time away, but knowing this is a lame duck season, I’m ready for the off-season and the hope that it will bring

Hope. We’ve been living off hope for so long with this team. I would just like the chance to be confident in the off-season that we’ll have a good team.

4 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

That's fair, but then acknowledge that you have a **** OL and call plays accordingly. The Giants just put on a clinic on how to call an offense with a bad OL. We called the exact opposite. 

I'm not putting the entire lack of talent on the OL on EB, I'm not, but at least don't lean on it.

It's like Ron gave EB a crappy ragged out blazer to drive to work and EB decides to take it to an offroad park and race it.

Oh no, I have no idea what the playcalling was about, EB needs to explain himself.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Conn said:

I agree with most of this except two things:

1. You forgot to mention lack of motion which is an enormous part of Reid’s KC offense that EB cannot even succeed in cribbing from. Or he’s too stubborn to do so, and is trying to do his own thing as his WR’s get locked down 

2. I assume someone from the Reid coaching tree will give EB a job, but it won’t be as elevated as it was. He’ll be busted back down to RB coach, or he’ll be in some BS “offensive consultant/passing game coordinator” role where he doesn’t get to make any decisions but nobody has to admit how little responsibility he has in actually designing the scheme or calling the plays. He can grind tape for tendencies in peace and yell during practice.

It's like he never paid any attention to play calling before. It's so unimaginative and predictable. There are about 3 runs we use and you know when they're coming. No presnap motions, nothing creative. It's just run into the line or drop back and find a WR 20+ yards down field if you have time.

He might get some BS job with Reid again, but I think this was Reids chance to dump him.

I said when we hired him that it was Ron doing his buddy a solid and nothing more and I stand by that. He was just Reids growling mutt and that's it. 

• Like 1