Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

7 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Mahomes, Allen, and Jackson were all acquired via trading up. 

If you LOVE a guy go get him.

There is a VERY big difference in assets given up to get to the 10th, 7th and 32nd versus 1-3. 

Edited by KDawg
  • Thumb up 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

15 hours ago, RWJ said:

SF and Dallas have something to play for and much better teams.  They will kick our team's butts.  There is no need for us to throw a game. 

If the Eagles beat the Giants this weekend and the Cowboys lose to the Lions, the Cowboys will be locked into the #5 seed and have nothing to play for.  

• Sad 1
  • Thumb down 1

1 hour ago, Rocky21 said:

If the Eagles beat the Giants this weekend and the Cowboys lose to the Lions, the Cowboys will be locked into the #5 seed and have nothing to play for.  

I've been thinking of this and I believe Dallas will be playing to win next week no matter what. No way would they want to go into the playoffs with 4 straight losses. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, KDawg said:

There is a VERY big difference in assets given up to get to the 10th, 7th and 32nd versus 1-3. 

To "yes and" your point:

If you're at 3 and want Williams, it probably takes an additional first and second to move from 3 to 1.  The Bears get the probable best player in the draft in Harrison (assuming Maye goes somewhere at #2), get a first and a second.  Maybe 2 seconds. That's still not terrible to get the best QB prospect in the draft.  Assuming the interviews go well, and you are comfortable he's the guy.  

Going from 6 to 1 or 2 would be the RGIII trade:  2 additional first and a second for swapping picks.  At a minimum.  

If they want to get up to get a QB, they've got to be at #3.  Or it's going to be massively expensive.  

They could luck into #2 and just pick a guy. 

If they get unlucky and get stuck at #4, it's going to be expensive to move up and get a QB.  At that point, you're looking at Daniels, a tackle or a trade back.  

This all assumes they do the right thing and lose the **** out of these next 2 games.  

1 hour ago, Rocky21 said:

See here is where the NFL likes to tease fans.  You watch them change the time of the NY vs Eagles game next week, IF Dallas beats the Lions this week.  Eagles could play the game against the Giants last weekend at 8:00pm.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Mahomes, Allen, and Jackson were all acquired via trading up. 

If you LOVE a guy go get him.

I believe those teams were in pretty good shape before they traded up?  Also, they didn't bet the farm with so many picks that the trade partner would have been stupid to turn down the trade (e.g., the Skins with the RG3 trade).  If we keep emotion out of it then we can start to make good decisions.  

21 minutes ago, Hitman#21 said:

Eagles aren't playing the Giants this weekend man..

The best thing for us would be the Eagles losing to the Cards AND the Cowboys beating the Lions.  I don't see that happening. That would put them both at 11-5 going into week 18, and they both have to play to win. And based on my playoff-machine playing, if they both win, Dallas wins the division.   And it's possible the Giants could beat the Eagles in New York.  They gave them a harder time than you would have thought in Philly.  

Philly clinches the division with a win against the Cardinals + Dallas loss to the Lions.  That's the worst case scenario.

There is a not too far fetched Scenario where Dallas could actually get the one seed: Dallas wins both, Eagles lose one, and 49ers lose to the Rams in the final week of the season.  

Dallas needs to win against the Lions.  That's the key.  If they beat the Lions, the game against us will matter.  McCarthy would be a moron for not treating it like a playoff game.  If the Eagles somehow lose to the Giants and the Cowboys sleep walk through a game with us and lose, they would lose the division.  That would be a firable offense.  

EDIT: **** you Ron for putting me in a position to openly root for Dallas to win games against other teams and the Commanders to lose to them.  **** you and the horse you road in on.  Take your Growth and Development and shove it up your ass.  

Edited by Voice_of_Reason
  • Like 6
  • Thumb up 1

25 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

I've been thinking of this and I believe Dallas will be playing to win next week no matter what. No way would they want to go into the playoffs with 4 straight losses. 

Yeah, I agree with this now that I am thinking about it. I actually think they will beat the Lions and us. If not, they enter flat as hell and will be 1 and done...again.  They have played out the same story for the last couple of years. And part of that is Prescott. He has a pension for screwing up in the biggest moments.  This year however, I think they are going to advance along in the playoffs. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, skinsmania123 said:

Yeah, I agree with this now that I am thinking about it. I actually think they will beat the Lions and us. If not, they enter flat as hell and will be 1 and done...again.  They have played out the same story for the last couple of years. And part of that is Prescott. He has a pension for screwing up in the biggest moments.  This year however, I think they are going to advance along in the playoffs. 

36301009.png

• Haha 8
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

EDIT: **** you Ron for putting me in a position to openly root for Dallas to win games against other teams and the Commanders to lose to them.  **** you and the horse you road in on.  Take your Growth and Development and shove it up your ass.  

Everyone here with a login is grown...

Ron ain't making us do a damn thing.

There's no need to root for Dallas to beat us when we know they will.  I can't mentally bring myself to do it, and if it's messing you that much, it's cause you know it's wrong...take the kids out and check on your bleacher report app is 10x healthier then this...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Everyone here with a login is grown...

Ron ain't making us do a damn thing.

There's no need to root for Dallas to beat us when we know they will.  I can't mentally bring myself to do it, and if it's messing you that much, it's cause you know it's wrong...take the kids out and check on your bleacher report app is 10x healthier then this...

No rights or wrongs.  Just opinion -- fan vibe.

Some see it as lose the battle to win the war.  Others see it as win every battle no matter what

Both sides of this can be clearly feisty and a bit angry with the other side for different reasons.

It's interesting to see where the beat-radio guys are on this.

Win no matter what:  Bram, Doc, Mitchell

Lose for the draft pick:  Sheehan, Rouhier, Galdi, Grant.  Standig, WP writers

Of those ones I was only paying half attention to so don't recall for certain:  Hoffman I think is in the lose for a draft pick.  Russell if I recall is win.  Keim is straddiling the fence.

Jay seems to think the stars and moon center around getting a QB and would really really really want one of these top QBs.  But has a hard time to lose to live that dream even though he sees it as a likely franchise changer but he didn't come off that strong on it

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

No rights or wrongs.  

Some see it as lose the battle to win the war.  Others see it as win every battle no matter.

Both sides of this can be clearly feisty and a bit angry with the other side for different reasons.

Of those ones I was only paying half attention to so don't recall for certain:  Hoffman I think is in the lose for a draft pick.  Russell if I recall is win.  Keim is straddiling the fence.

Jay seems to think the stars and moon ceenter around getting a QB and would rerally really really want one of these top QBs.  But has a hard time to lose to live that dream even though he sees it as a likely franchise changer but he didn't come off that strong on it

Doc is in the lose group. He's not happy about it but has jumped to that group for now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

No rights or wrongs.  

Some see it as lose the battle to win the war.  Others see it as win every battle no matter.

Maybe I missed it, but I don't see a single player in your list of "lose for draft pick"...

Not calling you or anyone out it's jus a common thread I've seen over the years and more I think about it not suprised.

11 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Maybe I missed it, but I don't see a single player in your list of "lose for draft pick"...

Not calling you or anyone out it's jus a common thread I've seen over the years and more I think about it not suprised.

If I am a player no way I’d want to lose for 3 reasons

A. You aren’t a fan of the team typically. It’s a business. 

B. High draft picks mean players coming for your job. Why root for that? You root against it. 

C. Rebuilds suck.  Careers are short

As for players removed when they are no longer playing as to wanting losses I recall Cooley on a podcast years ago saying at the end of one season it’s better to lose for draft position 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

12 hours ago, FrFan said:

If the Cards cut him they will face a cap charge of $46 millions wether it's pre or post June 1st.

I don't know where you're getting 46 mil as the figure. From everything I see it's 81 mil in dead cap, but 51 is his cap figure, so it's a net cost of a little under 30 (I'm not bothering with anything but the millions column)

If they keep him for 24, his 25 salary becomes guaranteed, but that's only 18 mil. The net hit in 25 if they wait until then to cut him would be about 5.5 mil. 

If that organization has any sense, the decision comes down to how much you believe in Murray and how much you like the QB class coming up. The dead cap hit, either this year or next, is a tough pill, but they can survive it and nothing is more important than getting QB right. You can't pass on taking a franchise-altering qB and sticking with a dud just because you are worried about a 1 year cap hit. 

They aren't going anywhere anyway. That roster need a lot of work. 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If I am a player no way I’d want to lose for 3 reasons

A. You aren’t a fan of the team typically. It’s a business. 

B. High draft picks mean players coming for your job. Why root for that? You root against it. 

C. Rebuilds suck.  Careers are short

As for players removed wanting losses I recall Cooley on a podcast years ago saying at the end of one season it’s better to lose for draft position 

I think he means former players (e.g. BMitch)

Just now, CapsSkins said:

I think he means former players (e.g. BMitch)

The mindset of I don't play for losses was ingrained as players -- that's my point.  Still...

I just mentioned a former player who wanted losses

The only other formers players I mentioned was Mitchell and Doc.  @spjunkies mentioned Doc changed his mind on this and now wants the pick.

As for Mitchell, I've listened to him for eons among others here.  Like Brady being a 6th round pick, being a 5th round pick is really ingrained in him.  He rants every now and then about people's fixation about first rounders and he feels it doesn't matter where players are drafted.  So its deep in his football DNA that it doesn't matter if you are picking 3 or 30 in the first round so he has no motivation to ever root for a higher pick because he doesn't seem to believe it matters.

• Like 2