Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

Ah the 1st week of October is here and so is this thread. Just like clockwork lol :P

So feeling down after losing to the Bears? Cheer up. The Future can be bright in 2024, well at least one can hope. :) 

Will the next coach keep Howell as #1 and build around him or move up to get unproven rookie? Long season is ahead of us.

Btw, this is totally against my 10 win season prediction. Only if the paper #4 D played like #4.

So here is the order...

image.png.b52b8636dcf5b9ff30b8e037bb0b467c.png

Edited by zCommander
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Looking at their schedule, if they split with the Giants, they could realistically go 3-14.  Best case they go 5-12.  Unfortunately, they will lose all tiebreakers to teams with the same record because their strength of schedule will be very high.  A top-5 pick appears to be in their future.

1 minute ago, cakmoney61 said:

Looking at their schedule, if they split with the Giants, they could realistically go 3-14.  Best case they go 5-12.  Unfortunately, they will lose all tiebreakers to teams with the same record because their strength of schedule will be very high.  A top-5 pick appears to be in their future.

I don't think you are familiar with Ron Rivera.  This team likely goes 7-10.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, philibusters said:

I don't think you are familiar with Ron Rivera.  This team likely goes 7-10.

Not this year.  Their schedule is hellish.  If the defense improves, then maybe.  As it stands, it's steaming-hot garbage.

Edited by cakmoney61

I'm in full tank mode now. This draft class may go down as the worst in our history. We traded up for a long snapper who can't snap, Forbes and Martin look like busts on October 5th, no late round finds.. Juist more of the same with this clown show. Thanks Dan for giving RR total control, his parting shot at us I guess.  

• Sad 2

Maybe it's time to reconsider assumed potential vs actual production and ability to produce in the near-term.  This isn't the 80's anymore.  Davis may yet develop into a quality starter.  Forbes may yet develop into a capable backup.  Some of us may not be around by then and Rivera most likely won't.

On 10/6/2023 at 6:23 AM, cakmoney61 said:

Not this year.  Their schedule is hellish.  If the defense improves, then maybe.  As it stands, it's steaming-hot garbage.

this is not a hellish schedule at all. 

On 10/6/2023 at 6:32 AM, Darrell Green Fan said:

I'm in full tank mode now. This draft class may go down as the worst in our history. We traded up for a long snapper who can't snap, Forbes and Martin look like busts on October 5th, no late round finds.. Juist more of the same with this clown show. Thanks Dan for giving RR total control, his parting shot at us I guess.  

Cheeseman is two years ago

On 10/6/2023 at 6:18 AM, cakmoney61 said:

The only way this team has fewer than 6 wins , is if Ron is fired and interim coach performs how interim’s usually do.

Ron got fired with 4 games to go in 2019, with a 5-7 record. Had Tepper waited until end of season; Ron likely would’ve had at least 6 wins.

Ron’s teams never really truly tank and don’t expect that this year.

• Like 2

I still think we end up picking around 15.

Ron's journeys to 500 land have ups and downs.  Dispair and tease moments.  Wouldn't shock me if we feel giddy again and win the next two.  Then lose to the Giants, etc.

Bowers is my man crush thus far but I bet he goes top 7 or so.  The thing among many that sucks about how Ron built this roster is we are boxed in though to draft offensive line.  So especially in round 1, I don't see how we don't take a tackle.  The only way we don't take one is if Ron stays -- no sarcasm but I genuinely believe he'd go elsewhere.  Leno isn't bad.  Wylie IMO is but he's on the books next year.  And Rivera is always glass half full on the O line.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

2 minutes ago, MartinC said:

The good news is the 24 draft is loaded at OT. Three guys who can go in the top 15 picks.

Yup, and no matter what GM and coach takes over, OL must be one of the highest priorities. (Although I said that the last couple years)

Some of the arguments for keeping Ron and company in place will make it more enticing to make cuts as the season moves forward. The better the draft position, the better the team will be moving forward. They need to show a miraculous turnaround really quick to avoid this conversation taking over this community 

1 hour ago, DWinzit said:

Yup, and no matter what GM and coach takes over, OL must be one of the highest priorities. (Although I said that the last couple years)

Some of the arguments for keeping Ron and company in place will make it more enticing to make cuts as the season moves forward. The better the draft position, the better the team will be moving forward. They need to show a miraculous turnaround really quick to avoid this conversation taking over this community 

Unless the defense does a complete 180 its really hard to see how this gets turned around. Less than a 5% chance this coaching staff and front office are still here by the end of Jan.

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Ron's journeys to 500 land have ups and downs.  Dispair and tease moments.  Wouldn't shock me if we feel giddy again and win the next two.  Then lose to the Giants, etc.

Bowers is my man crush thus far but I bet he goes top 7 or so.  The thing among many that sucks about how Ron built this roster is we are boxed in though to draft offensive line.  So especially in round 1, I don't see how we don't take a tackle.  The only way we don't take one is if Ron stays -- no sarcasm but I genuinely believe he'd go elsewhere.  Leno isn't bad.  Wylie IMO is but he's on the books next year.  And Rivera is always glass half full on the O line.

Howell is on pace for 99 sacks? We are one or two injuries away from not winning another game. 

But, I agree, we could pick 12-15 if we stay healthy 

51 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Who had money on the Patriots tanking? Yeesh. 

Me. Kind of. 

I didn't think they would be as bad as they have been on D but I thought their offense would be poor. I'm not a fan of Mac Jones and they might have the worst collection of skill position players in the league.

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think this OL may be a good starting tackle and a better OL coach away from competence. Took a look ahead at 2024 FA and it is ugly. Getting a first round starting tackle with a high chance of being a Day 1 starter should be the top priority assuming Howell shows enough promise and we don’t end up in a position to take Williams or Maye. To me, that means being aggressive and trading the 2nd and more picks to move up.

19 minutes ago, method man said:

I think this OL may be a good starting tackle and a better OL coach away from competence. Took a look ahead at 2024 FA and it is ugly. Getting a first round starting tackle with a high chance of being a Day 1 starter should be the top priority assuming Howell shows enough promise and we don’t end up in a position to take Williams or Maye. To me, that means being aggressive and trading the 2nd and more picks to move up.

We are not going to be in the Maye or Williams stakes. They will be gone top 3 picks and I cant see us being in that position or in the range to package picks together to get to that position. I also think Howell is doing everything you can reasonably ask of a young QB behind a poor O'line in a pass heavy scheme. No guarantee Williams or Mayes do any better! 

I'd take one of the 3 blue chip OT prospects and build around Howell. If I had to move up a pick or two to do that I would do that as well.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1