Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

7 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

This is a great week for our draft position. A bunch of teams ahead of us won games.

Cards and Panthers are the only two locks to make top 5.

If we tanked the rest of this season, I think we might get to #2. There are a bunch of bad teams but they all have some Ws in them and a lot of them play each other. 

But we'll still end up winning like 7. Maybe 8.

Just now, Rufus T Firefly said:

If we tanked the rest of this season, I think we might get to #2. There are a bunch of bad teams but they all have some Ws in them and a lot of them play each other. 

But we'll still end up winning like 7. Maybe 8.

7 wins was my preseason prediction and I still think that's the ceiling, but I could see us at 5 wins now as a floor.

Cards could win some. They're a really good bad team. The Panthers are absolute trash and don't have a 1rst or 2nd.  :ols:

• zCommander changed the title to 2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Current Pick #14
9 hours ago, spjunkies said:

We will fall in the 13-20 range per usual with this crew.

I don’t know. There’s a part of me that wonders if there’s a wildcard chance that we actually bottom out if Rivera loses the players completely. The rate our offense is taking sacks, the points/big plays we’re giving up on defense, it’s a bad combo and we’re relatively healthy so far. If that changes, oof. The schedule is about to get a lot harder and darkness may overtake that building as everyone realizes they’re getting fired, like the end of the Gruden era. I know Rivera didn’t completely bottom out in CAR his final year, but he also wasn’t allowed to finish the season and he was a different man entirely. He’s a shell of himself and may be allowed to drag the corpse of his career across the finish line. I don’t know that we can predict how ugly that might look. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Conn said:

I don’t know. There’s a part of me that wonders if there’s a wildcard chance that we actually bottom out if Rivera loses the players completely. The rate our offense is taking sacks, the points/big plays we’re giving up on defense, it’s a bad combo and we’re relatively healthy so far. If that changes, oof. The schedule is about to get a lot harder and darkness may overtake that building as everyone realizes they’re getting fired, like the end of the Gruden era. I know Rivera didn’t completely bottom out in CAR his final year, but he also wasn’t allowed to finish the season and he was a different man entirely. He’s a shell of himself and may be allowed to drag the corpse of his career across he finish line. I don’t know that we can predict how ugly that might look. 

No argument from me, what you stated makes complete sense. I was looking over our schedule yesterday and it does look ugly, this team usually is competitive against the better teams which is why I think they'll steal a few more wins.

23 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

7 wins was my preseason prediction and I still think that's the ceiling, but I could see us at 5 wins now as a floor.

Cards could win some. They're a really good bad team. The Panthers are absolute trash and don't have a 1rst or 2nd.  :ols:

Yeah, me too.  I am off the 8 wins.   My gut is 6.   They beat the Giants at Fedex, maybe its wishful thinking on my end since I'll be there.  And I think they can beat the Pats or the Rams, maybe both.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah, me too.  I am off the 8 wins.   My gut is 6.   They beat the Giants at Fedex, maybe its wishful thinking on my end since I'll be there.  And I think they can beat the Pats or the Rams, maybe both.

We will not win those, they have far better coaches than we do

1 hour ago, Anselmheifer said:

We are a couple of injuries away from not winning another game. Imagine if we lose a LB, CB and OL. 

a top 10 pick at least gets us within striking distance of a QB, top OT, or Bowers. 

Yeah for as bad as the Oline has been an injury to either tackle and the offense implodes. Or Terry or Payne/Allen or Jamin. Any of those and we’re teetering on not winning a game. 

1 minute ago, Stihl89 said:

Yeah for as bad as the Oline has been an injury to either tackle and the offense implodes. Or Terry or Payne/Allen or Jamin. Any of those and we’re teetering on not winning a game. 

Although…there have been times with Wylie that he’s been so bad that I think a street FA may be better. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KDawg said:

Yes. The line will improve.

Yes, there is a chance this is true, at least depending on who...and who the coaches decide to replace them with

Gates or Wylie being injured, we have a replacement better than them!

Edited by DWinzit

14 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

We are a couple of injuries away from not winning another game. Imagine if we lose a LB, CB and OL. 

a top 10 pick at least gets us within striking distance of a QB, top OT, or Bowers. 

We could lose a LB and not miss a bit...

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

The problem is there are some truly awful teams. We could end up with only 5 wins and still not be picking top 5. 

There’s a couple. But Arizona is bringing back Kyler (as much as I’m not a believer in him he’s better than Dobbs) and has been fighting like hell every week, they’ll win some games. Bears are showing they can win some games here and there. Texans are scrappy. Vikings are digging out. Most (not all) of the bad teams are on the upswing while we may crater depending on how things go. Too early to say, but if we keep going as we are and the players actually give up or we suffer injuries, we’re screwed. We’re performing this poorly, against the easy part of the schedule, with a relatively healthy squad that is showing effort. Imagine if any of those variables change. 

Right now I would put the realistic floor for this team at 5-12 and the realistic ceiling at 9-8 with a midpoint of 7-10.   7-10 probably gets us the 12 or 13th pick.  This draft is deep enough at the premium positions (Tackle, Edge, WR's, Corners) that there should be some decent options available.

20 minutes ago, Conn said:

There’s a couple. But Arizona is bringing back Kyler (as much as I’m not a believer in him he’s better than Dobbs) and has been fighting like hell every week, they’ll win some games. Bears are showing they can win some games here and there. Texans are scrappy. Vikings are digging out. Most (not all) of the bad teams are on the upswing while we may crater depending on how things go. Too early to say, but if we keep going as we are and the players actually give up or we suffer injuries, we’re screwed. We’re performing this poorly, against the easy part of the schedule, with a relatively healthy squad that is showing effort. Imagine if any of those variables change. 

The injury factor is a big one. We've actually been one of the healthiest teams in the league. Imagine if we suffered a rash of injuries on the DL, the one above average unit we have. That could indeed sink the entire season.

I just hope if we're like 3-8 we shut down guys like Allen and McLaurin. But there is no chance Rivera does something like that with no long term job security.

• Like 1