Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

7 minutes ago, seantaylor=god said:

Why would the bears do that?

To get harrison to pair with williams and unload the high price tag fields would command here soon. Didn't someone trade 2 first for Amari Cooper at one point. Harrison should be worth more than him, especially on a rookie contract 

1 minute ago, mac8887 said:

To get harrison to pair with williams and unload the high price tag fields would command here soon. Didn't someone trade 2 first for Amari Cooper at one point. Harrison should be worth more than him, especially on a rookie contract 

So we give up #2 overall and a chance for a franchise QB for #9 and Justin fields. The bears swap firsts, give up 2 future firsts and a player they’re probably going to get a second at best for, but most likely a third and change. This is some madden level trickery I pulled off in my younger years. I don’t think this is a great trade for either team though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mh86 said:

So we give up #2 overall and a chance for a franchise QB for #9 and Justin fields. The bears swap firsts, give up 2 future firsts and a player they’re probably going to get a second at best for, but most likely a third and change. This is some madden level trickery I pulled off in my younger years. I don’t think this is a great trade for either team though.

Somehow the trade makes no sense and is awful for both teams. It'd be a first in league history.

• Thumb up 2

Just now, mh86 said:

It would if fields is on the way up like I believe he is. We could afford it because we'd have those extra 1sts to up the talent around him instead of free agency. I based it off of thinking that if Amari was traded for 2 firsts then Marvin harrison would be worth more than 2 firsts, he would essentially be worth 2 1sts + justin fields. And I really like fields and believe if it ever truly clicks for him he has all the tools to be elite. I don't think there is any chance it will happen

It would if fields is on the way up like I believe he is. We could afford it because we'd have those extra 1sts to up the talent around him instead of free agency. I based it off of thinking that if Amari was traded for 2 firsts then Marvin harrison would be worth more than 2 firsts, he would essentially be worth 2 1sts + justin fields. And I really like fields and believe if it ever truly clicks for him he has all the tools to be elite. I don't think there is any chance it will happen

Amari Cooper was not traded for two 1sts. Fields is not on his way up unless you mean his completion % which has gone from 32nd to 31st to 30th. At this rate he'll be the most accurate QB in the league in 2054. 

• Haha 4

The thing for me is fields’ contract. He has what, one year and then you have to pick up his fifth year option? What if fields ends up being the exact guy we’ve seen play. What if maye or Daniels hit big and become stars? We got future firsts, sure okay good. Who’s our QB? I know there’s a chance we get lucky with someone in the second or one of those firsts turns into a huge hit, but it could just be we draft in the late teens forever and field 8-9, 9-8 teams with no real answer at QB

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Amari Cooper was not traded for two 1sts. Fields is not on his way up unless you mean his completion % which has gone from 32nd to 31st to 30th. At this rate he'll be the most accurate QB in the league in 2054. 

Fields really improved at the end of the year, he is still young and he definitely has the size, speed and arm to be really good if it ever comes together for him. I'd imagine he'd be probably the 3rd or 4th qb if he came out this draft

1 minute ago, mh86 said:

The thing for me is fields’ contract. He has what, one year and then you have to pick up his fifth year option? What if fields ends up being the exact guy we’ve seen play. What if maye or Daniels hit big and become stars? We got future firsts, sure okay good. Who’s our QB? I know there’s a chance we get lucky with someone in the second or one of those firsts turns into a huge hit, but it could just be we draft in the late teens forever and field 8-9, 9-8 teams with no real answer at QB

With 4 firsts in the next 2 years we could definitely package it to trade up to draft a guy if fields were to fail. It was just a fun little hypothetical. I'd much rather try to find a way to trade up for caleb or sit tight for jayden

• Thumb up 1

10 hours ago, skinsfan66 said:

He is not a Jamir Gibbs that's for shore, speed kills. But he has improved in the passing and always has been a decent back that could improve with the right coaching.

Virtually every team has a back, or 2, as good or better than Brian Robinson IMO.  We don't need to compare him to Gibbs, compare him to the starter on every other team and I doubt you will find many where he is clearly better. 

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 1

On 1/27/2024 at 1:29 PM, Conn said:

I don’t think the downstream effects were considered by the majority of the players represented by the NFLPA. In terms of how it would affect the vast majority of mid-level veteran players who don’t get the big bucks. Yeah, top rookies were coming in and earning higher contracts than good, proven players. They addressed that well. But all that money went to the top 20% of players. Their contracts keep going up whole solid, above vet min type veterans are priced out by cheap mid and late round rookie contracts and UDFA’s. That has become more stark with those cheap mid/late round rookie picks. Very difficult to make a career as a good Special Teams veteran now unless you’re a team captain/glue guy. You basically wash out of the league after your rookie contract if you are “just” a Special Teams guy, unless you’re, well, special. Same for role players on offense and defense. More cost-effective for most teams to replace you with a guy on a rookie contract who may have a higher ceiling. And if they don’t, they’re gone for the next rookie contract guy, likely. The league wasn’t always like that. I don’t think the vast majority of mediocre veteran players knew this is what they were voting for at the time.  

It's a union busting tactic as old as time.

Promise the world to existing members/players as long as they agree to take away this that and the other from new members.

The current members say, sure why not it's not like it's going to effect me I'm not a new member and then just like that they start getting replaced left and right usually under false pretenses.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

What if the Cards offered Kyler Murray and the #4 pick for the #2 plus both our 2nd rounders? Deal or no deal?

No deal. We're giving up the higher pick AND two 2nd rounders? For a QB who is super expensive, injury prone, and frankly not that good?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Est.1974 said:

Trading back for a haul of picks - becoming more of a possible outcome to me.

I am with this.  It will give us another 1 next year and probably the year after that with a number 2 this year.  We hire EB on a prove me 1 year deal which should give us the no. 1 overall next year.  We are set for the future.

17 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

What if the Cards offered Kyler Murray and the #4 pick for the #2 plus both our 2nd rounders? Deal or no deal?

I see what you're doing here Dan.

SNY.0.gif

• Haha 2