Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

3 minutes ago, MrJL said:

I mean sure, but to me there's a difference between missing out on someone/thing and not wanting that person/thing. 

There isn’t, when you whiff like that it’s a bad outcome either way. You pass on them because you don’t want them, or want another player more, or want the value of the trade back more. They’re all just different excuses for missing. 

That was a bad outcome. Can’t be debated. What can be debated is the process that led to it (I happen to also think it was bad process). 

11 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Dotson was a big time disappointment. We passed up on Olave who I loved at the time and who looks like a stud. Dotson looked good his rookie year though so I wanna see if he can bounce back with a different coach. For some reason it seemed like Dotson was in EB's doghouse from day one. Guys like Byron Pringle and John Bates were generating more targets than Dotson which makes no sense.

To be fair, Olave is a number one option and Dotson a number two in a new offensive system with a new QB. A lot of WR tend to flash in Year 3. Let’s see how it plays out. I think he’ll be just fine.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Speaking as someone who watched Dotson his entire college career, and was excited about us drafting him while getting more picks, I'm concerned.  Mostly because I'm not sure what his position is for us.

Coming out of college, Dotson had two elite traits.  He had elite hands (I can't remember him dropping anything in college) and he was good with his routes and in space.  At Penn State, they did a lot to scheme him open and let him work.

The Dotson was saw year one was pretty close to what I saw in college.  He made a few circus catches for us year one, some tough contested catches.  We were all really excited about it.  I have no idea where the drops came from this year but if he loses his best trait, he'll likely be out of the league in a few years.

So decent routes, great hands, good in space.  Sounds like a slot guy...except Dotson has never played the slot.  Curtis Samuel appeared to be the preferred target for the "scheme him open" stuff.

He's fast but he's not fast enough, or tall enough, to be a traditional #1.  While he'll go for contested balls, he's never been very physical against press man coverage so working on traffic isn't really his thing.  Maybe Samuel leaving will help but it feels like he's pieces of three types of receiver mixed together and it isn't working, of that makes sense.

I hope the next OC figures out how to use him properly because he can succeed in this league, but I have no idea what happened last season.  He wasn't even targeted in several games.  I'll hope for the best.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, redskin301 said:

I was screaming at the tv when they passed on olave 

It's bizarre. I watched him closely in the game against michigan that year and even as a rival,  Hartline is recruiting his rear off for that position.  What stood out about Olave-- he moved so fluidly at the position it's almost impossible for a guy who moves and catches so elegantly at the wideout position to not be a success in the NFL.

You know who also moved very fluidly as a wideout? Jerry Rice.

But what do I know.  Olave was a guaranteed #2 hit at wideout. Just an easy pick. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Hamilton played a lot of big nickle for the Ravens.  Rivera wasn't hot but he's also not stupid.  For a dude who loved saying Buffalo nickle to death, I don't think Ron would have been lost as to what to do with Hamilton.   Hamilton can play safety straight on, too.

I don't think Ron would have done something crazy and turned him into an outside corner.

I get it and complained at the time about them moving Jamin to Mike LB and then seeing it doesn't work and then moving him back to his natural weak side position.  And them getting William Jackson and playing a lot of zone -- but I think with Jackson it ran deeper, he just sucked as a player, sucked playing man for them too.

Hamilton was a stud in college.  Some knocked him for not having crazy speed.  But he was fast enough.  His instincts made up for it as to his range.  I recall me among others posting clips of this dude's sideline to sideline range.

I think as some say its prospect fatigue.   Hamilton early on was billed as a top 5 pick.  Then he tended to slide in the mocks.  And like almost any prospect he got torn apart.   

Other guys, they kept trying to play St. Juste at Nickel and it always failed. They tried for 2 years to have Cosmi at RT. Even letting Morgan Moses go, with prototypical body/length, in favor of Cosmi who had a Guards body/length. They tried Quan at FS and other coverage roles when college tape showed his skillset did not play well there, but instead played well closer in.

I thought I saw Hamilton's snap counts based on alignment and a conventional safety (things like Cover 2 shell) was a small part of his role. Most of it was Nickel, Box Safety, LB, Edge (over TE) etc. Extremely versatile, but someone a DC would want to build out several personnel packages and scheme up each.

I'm trying to remember specifics, but I think I did not like Hamilton's ability to read and react to outside vertical routes, and I did not like his change of direction when he was late. Some of that was nitpicking against what I thought was extreme hype. He obviously had plenty of plays where he flashed good movement skills when he knew what was happening. I was poking too many holes into what he couldn't do. Maybe in part because I knew our defensive schemes and personnel usage were too basic for a guy like Hamilton.

I still think Hamilton would not have been as good of a player right now with us (or other comparable teams like the Cardinals always misusing their guys) than he has been with the Ravens DC putting him in better spots for his skills.

14 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

All pro player right who was right under a nose.  And of course the Ravens have him.   Other examples of that with them passing over JOK, Gonzalez, Darrisaw, etc -- this team liked to draft funky at times and it hasn't aged well.

Joey Porter Jr was my top corner, from what I've heard the Steelers think they've found a future lockdown guy and they'll sometimes have him travel with #1 WR's. The corner class had all the top end talent you'd want in Witherspoon, Gonzalez, and Porter. Yet we took a guy that weighs so little basic handfighting knocks him off balance.

I really want to know more about who really had the voice that campaigned for and then was in the corner to make all those draft decisions. Was it all Rivera, or are there more bad evaluators in the building that could lead our new GM astray if he trusts them too much.

Our drafts and usage of players in the Pro's, just makes it feel like our front office thought they were smarter and knew better than the college teams who had the players for years. Only to continually be surprised that no, what you saw on college tape was indicative of their pros and cons.

• Like 2

2. Washington Commanders

What can new GM Adam Peters' history tell us about what the Commanders might do?

Peters was part of a 49ers front office that swung big on Trey Lance in the 2021 draft and missed. It hit on Brock Purdy as the final pick in the 2022 draft, though, which meant the fallout from the Lance selection hasn't been felt as much. Peters was part of Super Bowl-winning organizations in New England and Denver -- with Hall of Fame quarterbacks. His history is perhaps less important than what the Commanders truly need: a quarterback with a high ceiling. It's hard to imagine Peters going anywhere but quarterback with this pick. -- John Keim

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39336934/2024-nfl-draft-answering-questions-teams-top-10-picks-bears-commanders-patriots

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Other guys, they kept trying to play St. Juste at Nickel and it always failed. They tried for 2 years to have Cosmi at RT. Even letting Morgan Moses go, with prototypical body/length, in favor of Cosmi who had a Guards body/length. They tried Quan at FS and other coverage roles when college tape showed his skillset did not play well there, but instead played well closer in.

I thought I saw Hamilton's snap counts based on alignment and a conventional safety (things like Cover 2 shell) was a small part of his role. Most of it was Nickel, Box Safety, LB, Edge (over TE) etc. Extremely versatile, but someone a DC would want to build out several personnel packages and scheme up each.

I'm trying to remember specifics, but I think I did not like Hamilton's ability to read and react to outside vertical routes, and I did not like his change of direction when he was late. Some of that was nitpicking against what I thought was extreme hype. He obviously had plenty of plays where he flashed good movement skills when he knew what was happening. I was poking too many holes into what he couldn't do. Maybe in part because I knew our defensive schemes and personnel usage were too basic for a guy like Hamilton.

I still think Hamilton would not have been as good of a player right now with us (or other comparable teams like the Cardinals always misusing their guys) than he has been with the Ravens DC putting him in better spots for his skills.

I don't agree with those examples as it relates to this for different reasons but I don't care to argue it because IMO it has nothing to do with the point.

I've been as critical as anyone here last year of Ron but i don't think he's dumb as rocks either.

The idea that Ron would have misused Hamilton where he was out of position -- I think zero shot considering context.  The dude was obsessed rhetoric wise with the Buffalo nickle spot.  It's actually still a running joke with the media corp who covered him.  If he drafted the ultimate Buffalo nickle, he'd move him elsewhere?  Quan Martin is a lighter version of a Buffalo nickle and he was used fine and played well as the season progressed.  Kam Curl was one of their rare good picks, also used fine.

I agree our coaching wasn't good.  But you are still taking someone with your pick.  Someone has to play.  Hamilton was a beast in college.  He's a beast in the NFL.  

Not saying Dotson doesn't emerge or others from that trade down do not.  But right now for a team who has had one All Pro player in like 30 years.  It's ironic that there was one right under nose.  And IMO it wasn't some wild shock that one of the better defenders in college became the same in the NFL. 

8 hours ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Joey Porter Jr was my top corner, from what I've heard the Steelers think they've found a future lockdown guy and they'll sometimes have him travel with #1 WR's. The corner class had all the top end talent you'd want in Witherspoon, Gonzalez, and Porter. Yet we took a guy that weighs so little basic handfighting knocks him off balance.

I really want to know more about who really had the voice that campaigned for and then was in the corner to make all those draft decisions. Was it all Rivera, or are there more bad evaluators in the building that could lead our new GM astray if he trusts them too much.

Our drafts and usage of players in the Pro's, just makes it feel like our front office thought they were smarter and knew better than the college teams who had the players for years. Only to continually be surprised that no, what you saw on college tape was indicative of their pros and cons.

I said I'd have a stroke if they didn't take Gonzalez as he was falling in the draft, some made fun of me on that front after they picked Forbes.

No doubt they weren't good drafters.

But look Parcells used to say the best evaulators get 50% of their picks-choices wrong.  If we all killed it where we got it right all the time, we'd be beyond stupid to be hanging here and debating draft picks.  We should be running a team making millions.

I wasn't as high on Porter as I should have been.  You weren't as high on Hamilton as you should have been.  And that's OK.  If we were killing it with every evaluation, we would be working for an NFL team and headed staright for the Hall of Fame in due time. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

2. Washington Commanders

What can new GM Adam Peters' history tell us about what the Commanders might do?

Peters was part of a 49ers front office that swung big on Trey Lance in the 2021 draft and missed. It hit on Brock Purdy as the final pick in the 2022 draft, though, which meant the fallout from the Lance selection hasn't been felt as much. Peters was part of Super Bowl-winning organizations in New England and Denver -- with Hall of Fame quarterbacks. His history is perhaps less important than what the Commanders truly need: a quarterback with a high ceiling. It's hard to imagine Peters going anywhere but quarterback with this pick. -- John Keim

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39336934/2024-nfl-draft-answering-questions-teams-top-10-picks-bears-commanders-patriots

Thinking were going to be fielding a lot of calls for that #2 pick.

4 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Got to wonder what a "too good to pass up" offer would look like. It would have to take a lot to move off of a QB you feel can be the franchise QB. Doubt we move the pick unless it was with NE and we were comfortable taking either of the two options there for us at #2. It'll all come down to how close we have the 3 QBs and if NE even makes an offer. I can't see us going down too far given we probably want to address QB. 

Of course the FO could fall in love with Penix, Nix or McCarthy. Maybe they like McCarthy and feel he needs to sit a year behind Howell and are okay with a slower rebuild around Howell/McCarthy, and dropping to 8-13 would open the door for that, but the price would be massive for whoever is paying to move up .

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

As Keim has said in that same post you quoted but also said in podcasts among others who cover the team -- odds are likely very low they pass on the 2nd pick and a QB.  But yeah everyone takes calls about their picks.  Will see.  My guess is like 1% chance they trade out.

If they trade out and it blows up in their face as I've said in other threads, as much as I like Peters I'll be the first asking for him to be canned.  How often do QB needy teams trade out of their pick when picking that high?  Almost never.  So if by some wild chance they take the road less travelled, Peters better be right.  Otherwise in my book adios Peters.   But I don't expect it to happen.   I think its too smart to risk his job from the jump.

• Like 2

The only trade down we’ll entertain is with the Pats if we love both Maye and Williams equally. Dont see it happening because most likely the Pats will be happy to take whoever is left or we have a strong preference of one over the other(I could see Ben Johnson wanting Maye because of system fit)and cant risk losing him.

Edited by Warhead36
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Got to wonder what a "too good to pass up" offer would look like. It would have to take a lot to move off of a QB you feel can be the franchise QB. Doubt we move the pick unless it was with NE and we were comfortable taking either of the two options there for us at #2. It'll all come down to how close we have the 3 QBs and if NE even makes an offer. I can't see us going down too far given we probably want to address QB. 

Of course the FO could fall in love with Penix, Nix or McCarthy. Maybe they like McCarthy and feel he needs to sit a year behind Howell and are okay with a slower rebuild around Howell/McCarthy, and dropping to 8-13 would open the door for that, but the price would be massive for whoever is paying to move up .

I think the poltics of it almost guarantees they don't trade down.  Think of it this way.

A.  This is arguably the worst and the most infamous team in the NFL as to figuring out the QB spot. 

B.  Part of that as Clinton Portis once said is this team's issue is never picking high when they are looking for a QB in a strong QB draft.

C.  Now for once we are actually picking high in a strong QB draft.  I don't care that some people here think its a weak draft for the spot. They are the outliers not the norm.   Guys like Mahomes and Herbert were slammed by some on the draft thread before the draft.  There is never going to be universal love here for any QB but that doesn't change the facts that its indeed a touted draft for QB.  

So combining A, B, and C -- can you imagine the ridicule of being one of the only teams in draft history to have a draft pick that high, need a QB, let alone a widely regarded as a good draft for QBs and actually pass on it?  Or trade down for a prospect who is considered a lesser player and that dude indeed plays as a lesser player?  The dude would go down in the clown ring hall of fame right next to Cerrato and Bruce.

Factor all of that and consider it would be THIS team of all teams doing it.  The team that has been the joke of the NFL at QB having a rare potentially get out of jail free card and just passing over it?  If they do it better work.  If they did it and it didn't work it might actually be the crown jewel of all their dysfunctional moves at QB. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

9 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I think its more likely we trade up for Williams than not take a QB at all.

Agree.

Will see.  I expect we will hear rhetoric about them considering EVERYTHING.  That's what smart people do.  And you look smart saying it.  Because heck you never know how things can unfold.  What if Maye has an ACL injury at the combine or comes off like a douche.  Or whatever.  You keep your options open especially when you are talking publicly.

So for the few stragglers who want to trade down or pick a QB or whatever -- I expect they will feel vindicated when this FO will give mixed intentions publicly.  Just like Arizona did for example talking up running it back with Josh Rosen.  You typically don't show your hand.   

Heck even if you are intending to pick at #2 and not move up and lets say you love a QB who you expect to be there, don't telegraph that because some other team can still trade above you.  So its best to play it like anything can go and you aren't married to any player or any move.  Also if you indicate you are open to trading it opens the window into what other teams want to do and that information can be useful.

But ultimately, I'd be shocked if they do anything other than take a QB at #2 and agree if there is something else they do it might be trying to trade up.

People cling to what they want to cling to but Keim's summary was pretty clear " It's hard to imagine Peters going anywhere but quarterback with this pick."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think the poltics of it almost guarantees they don't trade down.  Think of it this way.

A.  This is arguably the worst and the most infamous team in the NFL as to figuring out the QB spot. 

B.  Part of that as Clinton Portis once said is this team's issue is never picking high when they are looking for a QB in a strong QB draft.

C.  Now for once we are actually picking high in a strong QB draft.  I don't care that some people here think its a weak draft for the spot. They are the outliers not the norm.   Guys like Mahomes and Herbert were slammed by some on the draft thread before the draft.  There is never going to be universal love here for any QB but that doesn't change the facts that its indeed a touted draft for QB.  

So combining A, B, and C -- can you imagine the ridicule of being one of the only teams in draft history to have a draft pick that high, need a QB, let alone a widely regarded as a good draft for QBs and actually pass on it?  Or trade down for a prospect who is considered a lesser player and that dude indeed plays as a lesser player?  The dude would go down in the clown ring hall of fame right next to Cerrato and Bruce.

Factor all of that and consider it would be THIS team of all teams doing it.  The team that has been the joke of the NFL at QB having a rare potentially get out of jail free card and just passing over it?  If they do it better work.  If they did it and it didn't work it might actually be the crown jewel of all their dysfunctional moves at QB. 

I agree 100%   All I ask is that going forward this group has its **** together and account for all possibilities. If X happens what do we do? Not convinced RR had any contingencies in place should their initial plan go sideways. Not saying that they should be knee deep in the weeds in the 7th round but for the first few rounds mock out what could happen so they are prepared as much as possible. This and the fact that other teams wont be so reluctant to have to deal with this organization any more. Couldn't imagine how the chain of command worked previously.

If we do end up trading Allen, and if the rumors are true that we could get #41 and #126 from the Packers, I think it would make a ton of sense to trade #40 and #41 to move into the late teens or early 20's to secure one of the remaining LTs like Mims, Fuaga, Latham ... one or more of them should fall to that range. The trade value of #40+#41 is approximately Pick #17. 

Could get your franchise QB and LT in Round 1 and go into Day 2/3 with:

#36, #67, #100, #102, #126, #137

Could still do some good damage with those picks. 

• Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

If we do end up trading Allen, and if the rumors are true that we could get #41 and #126 from the Packers, I think it would make a ton of sense to trade #40 and #41 to move into the late teens or early 20's to secure one of the remaining LTs like Mims, Fuaga, Latham ... one or more of them should fall to that range. The trade value of #40+#41 is approximately Pick #17. 

Man if we landed both Maye AND Fuaga? I'd build a statue of GMAP right away.

• Like 1

Going back to "proper roster construction" ... OL really should be emphasized going forward as a critical piece of a rebuild.

Wouldn't shock me if we signed LG Jonah Jackson and went after a RT like Onwenu or Williams from Cincy. 

Leno - $14m cap hit, off the books after 2024

Jackson - $8-10m APY (Speculative) through 2027

Stromberg - $900k APY rookie contract through 2026

Cosmi - $12-15m APY extension through 2028

Onwenu - $12-15m APY contract through 2027

Gates - $6m APY through 2025

Wylie - $6m APY through 2025

Daniels - $800k APY through 2026

Paul - $900k APY through 2025

So with that potential free agency cycle in mind ... 

2024: 3 big contracts (Cosmi won't hit until 2025)

2025: 3 big contracts (Cosmi, Jackson, Onwenu)

Wylie and Gates could be held through 2024 for depth purposes but I won't really factor them into the long-term plans beyond 2024. 

If we enter the draft with the above OL, we aren't really in a position to "force" a pick BUT it would be good roster construction to grab an OT. You either cut Leno in 2024 after drafting said OT to play LT, which would mitigate the bulky salaries of Gates/Wylie a bit. 

2nd Round Rookie LT - $1m APY through 2027

Jackson - $8-10m APY through 2027

Stromberg - $900k APY through 2026

Cosmi - $1.5m in 2024, $12-15m APY from 2025-2028

Onwenu - $12-15m APY through 2028

In 2024 you'd only have 2 high-priced OL-men if you cut Leno and sign Jackson and Onwenu. Then you'd bump to 3 in 2025 with the assumption of a Cosmi extension kicking in. Stromberg and Rookie LT will be on rookie deals. You obv. continue to draft OL for depth and long-term upside, but your starting lineup is pretty well set. You could draft a Center or Guard in 2025, or another OT ... 

I'm basically pushing this out to justify the ability to sign two high-end OL in FA while also extending Cosmi AND still drafting 1-2 OL and bsaicaly being set up really well long-term from a salary cap commitment standpoint.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Going back to "proper roster construction" ... OL really should be emphasized going forward as a critical piece of a rebuild.

Wouldn't shock me if we signed LG Jonah Jackson and went after a RT like Onwenu or Williams from Cincy. 

Leno - $14m cap hit, off the books after 2024

Jackson - $8-10m APY (Speculative) through 2027

Stromberg - $900k APY rookie contract through 2026

Cosmi - $12-15m APY extension through 2028

Onwenu - $12-15m APY contract through 2027

Gates - $6m APY through 2025

Wylie - $6m APY through 2025

Daniels - $800k APY through 2026

Paul - $900k APY through 2025

So with that potential free agency cycle in mind ... 

2024: 3 big contracts (Cosmi won't hit until 2025)

2025: 3 big contracts (Cosmi, Jackson, Onwenu)

Wylie and Gates could be held through 2024 for depth purposes but I won't really factor them into the long-term plans beyond 2024. 

If we enter the draft with the above OL, we aren't really in a position to "force" a pick BUT it would be good roster construction to grab an OT. You either cut Leno in 2024 after drafting said OT to play LT, which would mitigate the bulky salaries of Gates/Wylie a bit. 

2nd Round Rookie LT - $1m APY through 2027

Jackson - $8-10m APY through 2027

Stromberg - $900k APY through 2026

Cosmi - $1.5m in 2024, $12-15m APY from 2025-2028

Onwenu - $12-15m APY through 2028

In 2024 you'd only have 2 high-priced OL-men if you cut Leno and sign Jackson and Onwenu. Then you'd bump to 3 in 2025 with the assumption of a Cosmi extension kicking in. Stromberg and Rookie LT will be on rookie deals. You obv. continue to draft OL for depth and long-term upside, but your starting lineup is pretty well set. You could draft a Center or Guard in 2025, or another OT ... 

I'm basically pushing this out to justify the ability to sign two high-end OL in FA while also extending Cosmi AND still drafting 1-2 OL and bsaicaly being set up really well long-term from a salary cap commitment standpoint.

Yep my philosophy is focus on QB and the lines this off season. Then if need be add weapons next year(but I still have faith in McLaurin and Dotson and I like Robinson).

13 hours ago, Forehead said:

Speaking as someone who watched Dotson his entire college career, and was excited about us drafting him while getting more picks, I'm concerned.  Mostly because I'm not sure what his position is for us.

Coming out of college, Dotson had two elite traits.  He had elite hands (I can't remember him dropping anything in college) and he was good with his routes and in space.  At Penn State, they did a lot to scheme him open and let him work.

The Dotson was saw year one was pretty close to what I saw in college.  He made a few circus catches for us year one, some tough contested catches.  We were all really excited about it.  I have no idea where the drops came from this year but if he loses his best trait, he'll likely be out of the league in a few years.

So decent routes, great hands, good in space.  Sounds like a slot guy...except Dotson has never played the slot.  Curtis Samuel appeared to be the preferred target for the "scheme him open" stuff.

He's fast but he's not fast enough, or tall enough, to be a traditional #1.  While he'll go for contested balls, he's never been very physical against press man coverage so working on traffic isn't really his thing.  Maybe Samuel leaving will help but it feels like he's pieces of three types of receiver mixed together and it isn't working, of that makes sense.

I hope the next OC figures out how to use him properly because he can succeed in this league, but I have no idea what happened last season.  He wasn't even targeted in several games.  I'll hope for the best.

There's been a gazillion studies on drops. Generally speaking, it's not a sticky stat, it's randomness. On the tails of the distribution chart you've got guys with great hands, and guys with sloppy, iffy hands, but dropped passes are not sticky as a stat historically speaking. I wouldn't worry about the drops being a persistent problem. I'm much more concerned about target separation (59th in the league? Yikes). I tend to think it was randomness, system, and in general the team sucking, plus maybe carrying injuries. We'll see. I don't care at all about the drops. i wouldn't worry about that.  My big issue was/is, you don't use top 20 picks on complimentary/3rd WR's, 2nd rounders on that? Okay, maybe, but not top 20 picks. It was silly and a reach. He should find his way back to '22 level performance or close to it. I'll be shocked if he straight up busts, but he's not going to be special or a difference maker, and you should never be doing that with a pick that high. This prior regime were just colossal idiots with every first rounder they ever made. What a disaster. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Where did I miss this rumor?

Its not really a legit rumor. I think it was just some Packer fan message board or something saying its a trade they'd be okay with. It does make sense logically. The Packers D stinks and since they're the youngest team in the league, they could use a vet on that side of the ball.

I'd only entertain it if Allen legitimately wants out. I wouldn't actively be shopping him.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

If you move below #3, you better be right and the cost will be high.

If you are wrong, you will eventually be fired.

You move down, you still have to draft a qb.  You can’t wait for future years.  

1 hour ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Adam do it. I think analytics may could make this happen and Allen probably wanting to go.  Too much big salary in that position and now that we have a quality Gm; we can find a good replacement.

Edited by 88Comrade2000

41 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Adam do it. I think analytics may could make this happen and Allen probably wanting to go.  Too much big salary in that position and now that we have a quality Gm; we can find a good replacement.

We drafted Phidarian Mathis for just this reason right here. I would trade Allen as well. Let him go try for a ring.