Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

6 hours ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

Wish injury on no man, but hope that’s the last we’ve seen of him in a Commanders jersey

I actually dont. He is a serviceable LT. And you cannot replace all of them OL in one off season. I would be fine riding with him for one more season. Get your QB this year and LT next year.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

23 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Call me a tinfoil hat guy all you want, but I knew Taylor deferring to Sam last season wasn’t because he’s such a swell guy.  

There’s something fishy about a phantom hammy that occurred overnight, the day before any OL worth a 💩 are going to IR.

I get the whole these guys are pros dynamic, but he’s also his own agent and is smart enough to know nothing good can come out of this situation.

To add to this most of you if not all of you have seen this tweet:

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Hate this for us as a franchise and for Jacoby. Especially because he’s watching what Flacco is doing on a good team with a gaping hole at QB and now knows that could have been him with that opportunity. 

Rivera ****ing sucks. And this is the proof that Harris/Shen didn’t “force” the EDGE trades btw. Otherwise they would have forced this one too. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Conn said:

Hate this for us as a franchise and for Jacoby. Especially because he’s watching what Flacco is doing on a good team with a gaping hole at QB and now knows that could have been him with that opportunity. 

Rivera ****ing sucks. And this is the proof that Harris/Shen didn’t “force” the EDGE trades btw. Otherwise they would have forced this one too. 

I think he knew what they wanted and tried to give it to them to gain favor with them.

I don’t think it worked. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I'm not a spiteful person, but if someone doesn't want to be here, I don't want them to be here.  If I did find out a player was milking an injury to get their full contract

This line of thought/reasoning doesn’t make sense because vet players who were on the opening day roster have their salaries for the season guaranteed by now. So injuries or not, Brissett is paid. He’s not faking to make sure he gets his “full contract”. If you want to make this argument at least make it be about his outlook as a future FA lol. He’s a FA in less than 10 days. 

Edited by Conn
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Conn said:

This line of thought/reasoning doesn’t make sense because vet players who were on the opening day roster have their salaries for the season guaranteed by now. So injuries or not, Brissett is paid. He’s not faking to make sure he gets his “full contract”. If you want to make this argument at least make it be about his outlook as a future FA lol. He’s a FA in less than 10 days. 

I'll own being wrong about his contract and what he'd get if we cut him now.

There's no evidence to show Brisset is avoiding playing to limit impact on his free agency.

I'm not gonna spend anymore time trying to prove how often players do that, if any reason, I'm shocked I have to and jus a distraction here.  I'll consider a thread if relevant or feel like doing the homework for what we do know.

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

There’s something fishy about a phantom hammy that occurred overnight, the day before any OL worth a 💩 are going to IR.

No doubt, when have you ever heard of a QB missing a start due to a hammy, I'm sure its happened but it's rare.

Edited by JSSkinz
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, Conn said:

And for this reason Brissett should tell Ron to go **** himself for trying to start him now against an angry Niners team and then the Cowboys. This report is incredible. I was screaming to trade Brissett for a 3rd or 4th round pick and now we'll lose him for nothing. Why isn't Ron fired before he does more damage? Brissett really got shafted by RR if this report is true.

Props to my man Jacoby. He's looking out for himself, and that means looking out for us too. If the Cowboys have nothing to gain in their last game of the season, I can imagine Brissett deciding he doesn't need to be IRed. Until it's known, just wait and see.

Jacoby has been the back up all year, pressed into rapid action twice the last two weeks and probably saw a dramatic increase in his practice participation. That's like a recipe for a soft tissue injury.

I don't think he is pulling himself any more than I think Harris "volen-told" Ron to make sure he does not play. Just another baseless rumor of the day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Jacoby has been the back up all year, pressed into rapid action twice the last two weeks and probably saw a dramatic increase in his practice participation. That's like a recipe for a soft tissue injury.

I don't think he is pulling himself any more than I think Harris "volen-told" Ron to make sure he does not play. Just another baseless rumor of the day.

Maybe, but how many players get their hamstring injuries diagnosed on Friday nights? About a third of our starters are going on IR. What benefit could Jacoby possibly get in being pounded into the dirt harder than Howell was when Howell had a fully healthy line? They are going to lose, and it is going to be ugly because Washington's starters have nothing to play for, and the backups and 3rd stringers are backups and 3rd stringers on a 4 win team. The 49ers have everything to play for. Brissett already has the respect of the NFL and has nothing to prove in a beatdown against a Super Bowl favorite.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Maybe, but how many players get their hamstring injuries diagnosed on Friday nights? About a third of our starters are going on IR. What benefit could Jacoby possibly get in being pounded into the dirt harder than Howell was when Howell had a fully healthy line? They are going to lose, and it is going to be ugly because Washington's starters have nothing to play for, and the backups and 3rd stringers are backups and 3rd stringers on a 4 win team. The 49ers have everything to play for. Brissett already has the respect of the NFL and has nothing to prove in a beatdown against a Super Bowl favorite.

This reeks of another mismanagement by Ron.

At this juncture it looks like he wants to show the world he's right on Howell, the real-deal QB.

Brisset has looked better than Howell.

Maybe he just doesn't want his boy to be upstaged?

17 minutes ago, El Mexican said:

This reeks of another mismanagement by Ron.

At this juncture it looks like he wants to show the world he's right on Howell, the real-deal QB.

Brisset has looked better than Howell.

Maybe he just doesn't want his boy to be upstaged?

Ron is stupid, but I don't think he'd do that. He already shot Howell with both barrels of the shotgun after the mid-game benchings 2 weeks in a row. There's no face-saving to announcing that Howell is benched, and then unbenching him before the next game has even started. Ron thought his best chance to win was Brissett, and after the full season beatdown Howell endured, he would have been right.

1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

Ron is stupid, but I don't think he'd do that. He already shot Howell with both barrels of the shotgun after the mid-game benchings 2 weeks in a row. There's no face-saving to announcing that Howell is benched, and then unbenching him before the next game has even started. Ron thought his best chance to win was Brissett, and after the full season beatdown Howell endured, he would have been right.

I don't know man, that Brisset injury came out of nowhere. 

Ron has stated his legacy here, if any, would be establishing a starting QB. 

I'm thinking he's willing to make everyone a believer.